Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That can't fit me! Clothing size changes

Do any of you look at your newer, smaller clothing sometimes and be like that can't fit me! Its so weird now that I have gone down so many sizes in less than 6 months and am totally weirded out by my clothing sometimes. It takes all my effort to remind myself not to look for the largest size in any given store.

Also, I find that when I started all of this I thought that my ultimate joy would be just fitting into normal sized clothing. Now at 12/14 I feel very big still and generally not as happy about it as I thought I would be at this size.

Can anyone relate?

Yes, I'm also a 12/14 and I don't feel small at all. 12 was my goal size and now I have reached it at a higher weight than I thought. Could it be that 12's have gotten larger since that last time we were 12's? I remember fitting into a certain pair of 12's being 20 lbs lighter than I am now. I didn't save those pants to compare though. That was also before babies...

Good luck, the 10's are right around the corner...

Oh me too!!! I'm in 12's right now. About to move into 10's.

I have a pair of size 10 jeans from my sister and I help them up to me last week and said no way these will fit. My friend convinced me to try them on.

Umm they were snug but they buttoned and zipped :tongue: Not quite ready for public viewing but I'm getting close!

I just purchased another set up sleep wear since I'm sooooooo cold all the time. I bought a large - it is huge on me! I NEVER thought I could fit into a medium anything. I am top heavy so I generally have to go with at least a large but apparently not in sleep wear :eek:

On the other hand I bought my new undies a size too small - when do our heads catch up? lol

wombat

I've had an awful time with this as well. I look at size 12 and think they would never fit me. I am still shocked when they do. It's brought out some pretty strong emotions in me in awkward places, like store dressing rooms (see my journal). There is something surreal about reaching a goal that was just a pipe dream for so many years. Clothing now is definitely "vanity sized". A 12 use to be at least a 14 and sometimes even a 16. I find that in the junior department, the clothes are a little closer to "old sizing". I have not found panties to be vanity sized, which is why I need a bigger size. Also remember that most clothing now has fabric blended with lycra-like materials, so they "give" much more than they use to. As best as I can remember 15 years ago, I wore a 12 when I was about 20 pounds lighter than I am now. I guess some of us are remembering what our bodies looked like wearing "old sizing". Oh, and one other thing, my clothes don't fit the same now because of all the extra pounds of skin that hang in all the wrong places. I'm sure if it were all removed I would be a size smaller, and my clothes would fit me better. Anyone else find any of the above to be true as well?