Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Irritating Scale . . .

So my house has weird floors - and finding a spot to put my scale in my bathroom takes trial and error. I had finally found the perfect INCONVENIENT spot to get consistent readings time after time - and someone went in there and moved it! UGH. Can't find that spot again to save my life. Now I can get on . . . with the left foot first . . . and a number will flash up - and in 10 seconds will shift higher by a pound. Then I'll try getting on with the right foot first . . . and it will read another pound higher . . . so in the course of trying 5 times, I can get 5 different readings all within 2.5 lbs. It's a new scale so you would THINK it would work . . . lol .. . whatever . . . I've decided if I get the lowest number for 30 seconds straight, I can use that number :cursing: It's all my amusement for the mornings. However, I didn't go to the lower number this morning . . . but I was tempted because I DID SEE IT! :thumbup:

I have the same floor :) Hardwood, tongue and groove. I have a spot - has to do with where the groove is, where the sink is and where there is a particular shadow. :-) I think we should just both move our scales into rooms with laminated floors!!

:wink2:

I think it sounds like a good reason to remodel!!! Oh dear, I have nowhere to put my scale and it is SOOOOO important. I need a new bathroom.

Yep....that's it!

lol .. .remodeling is a great idea . . . it beats taking the scale out back on the concrete . . . I might scare someone unintentionally if they should be outside and I come waltzing out bare ass naked . . . lol . . .

Definitely sounds like a reason to remodel. I'd push for that.

I'm in the middle of convincing my dh that I need a new bathroom. I think I've made it, but he's not going for a new kitchen too. Dang it!

I'm not sure how smart it was but I requested a doctors scale for valentines day 2 years ago. Romantic, eh! Other people get diamonds and I get a scale. The life of a fatty.

Fortunately or unfortunately I cannot fool myself now and see every loss and gain to the nearest eighth of a pound. I weigh myself naked so I go by this weight and not the weight in the doctors office, clinic office or anywhere else. Actually it was a good investment and it is not really sensitive to different spots on the floor since it is pretty heavy.

If you can swing it financially (a lot cheaper than renovating, I think I paid aprox. $500.00) and have a spot to place a conversation piece I would recommend it.

my problem was to stop weighing myself everyday. I now only weigh once a week.

I guess that would be much cheaper than remodelling. Hmmmm....nope, still asking for a new bathroom. Actually not for scale problems, but it would make a good reason.

If I get my linen closet in my new bathroom I'm going to look into a dr.s scale. I agree that I couldn't fool myself that way. Guess we'll have to see what I end up with.

Well I rent my house . . . so I can't really do the new bathroom . . . and I have trouble rationalizing $40 for a scale let alone $500 . . . and since I plan on continuing to lose . . . I'm going to go for the plywood idea I think . . . :wink2:

I got a digital scale and it seems acurate. Before you completely step on the scale, it needs to be zero'd out first then after it does then you can completely step on it. It was within like 1-2 pound to the doctor office.

I got tired of weighting myself so I try to atleast once every couple day and in the morning.

My dad always told me to get plywood to put under the scale. lol My scale is in the kitchen. my bathroom is too small for a scale. lol Good thing I live alone. lol

I have a calander with all my weights on it. right on the wall. I also put in the calander every time I work out. It is a great motivator to keep working out and writing it down.

Cerrin you are way more organized than I am .. .I have one forum I'm supposed to check in weight loss every Wednesday . . . and at my old age, I can't remember where I was the week before . . . but that still doesn't give me the desire to write it down lol :rolleyes2:

Oh that low weight I saw a sneak peak of the other day . . . it's now a standard for the last two days. Yea.

That is great! Chris

If I dont write it all down I will find an excuse to not do it. I am just weird like that.

I totaly understand about the low weight thing. I only chart my Thursday weight. But I watch the other weights. I was at 350 for so long 3 above 3 below then BAMN! 342. now I am 3 above and at it. I kinda linger arround a weight for a while before dipping below it again. lol

It is kinda like my body is testing out the new weight.