Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on 1/25, home and doing very well!

All:

I cannot thank all of you who went before me and candidly shared their experiences. Without this website and the support here, I would not have known half of what was going to happen to me. I knew to expect being pretty yucky the first day, more pain in port incision than rest, gas pain in chest and shoulder, explosive gas passing (to put it mildly!). It prepared me to go in with confidence, not fear of the unknown.

I went to hospital at 5:30 am, prepped and in surgery by 7 am. My husband said surgeon came out about 9 and said all was well. I was awake in recovery by 10 and in my room by 10:30 am. Some pain discomfort but managable with sporadic pain meds. I was luck to be in a hospital with a private room so no distractions. Slept most of day between nurses, vitals, doctors, etc. Did not get up first day and my Dr. requires all to stay at least one night. Recommends two, but I was too anxious to go home. Day two, x-rays to see banding was OK and I could swallow, had liquid diet and was off for home at 1 pm. Still somewhat weak and tired. Still some pain. Took pain meds last night. Also managed about 4 ounces of Protein Shake and few bites of Jello. Not at all hungry!

Thanks to all of you who warned about passing gas that just might be a little more productive than plain old gas. When I had that feeling - straight to the bathroom and thank goodness. Had I not seen this on the website I would never have known! Decent nights sleep and felt 100% better this morning.

No real gas pains, no pain in shoulder (other than usual arthritis!). A bit of belching and some pressure on chest, but no pain. No pain meds today. Just taking tylenol. Had another 1.2 Protein shake and tea. Did well. Still not hungry.

I am only in discomfort now - sore - not pain. That is good. A good hot shower, washed hair and felt like a new woman!

Also be aware that with all the swelling and iv's, I came home 4 pounds heavier! lost it all by this morning! So do not dispair!

Thanks again for all the support!

To anyone who is fearful here - it is not without discomfort and some pain, but it passes very quickly. I did not expect to feel this good on day 2. Hang in there all who are going forward. It will be worth it!

Hey Diane! So happy to hear that everything went well! Glad the pain isn't too horrible! Thanks for sharing your experience so future bandsters can know what they might expect! Be well!

Hello, I too was banded on 1/25 and have had a very positive experience. Mine was a day surgery, so I went in at 7 am and was on my way home by 12:00. I really have not had any difficulty or at least anything unexpected becasue of this great site. I don't really think I would have done as well without all of the others on the forum or maybe even had it done. The night before I was checking out the before and after threads and it was very encouraging.

I'm not sharing the facts about my banding with anyone other than my husband, perhaps that will change, kind of feel like I didn't like telling people when I was on a diet.

Congrats, and I feel like I have a whole new group friends to rely on and support, it should be a great adventure.

I didn't make chuch this morning, but I feel good.

Renee

2band2008:

I do understand your feelings! I have really not told everyone about what I am doing here. It is my news to share and I have chosen to share it with my family and a very few close friends. Not with everyone though. You must do what you are comfortable with and what is in your heart. You know what you need not everyone else! Good luck!

Sure don't know that I would have been up to coming home quite that soon, Kudoos to you. I do know I heal much better at home!