Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finding the WILL

Hola all, I have been sober 12 years and obese most of my life ...tried everything and even now being banded for 2 years am at a stagnant overweight hating myself place. Pitty pot????oh yeah. I just am so stuck in getting high off the food and wallowing in the comfort . Sure the next day sucks and I can't get into my pants:cursing:

I am going to AA meetings but major relapse with food. I am a little tight with the band but eating around it.Won't get on the scale and telling myself tomorrow tomorrow. Old habits... sabotaging myself. I just need some help:confused_smile:

I was very excited to find this site. Hope to maybe find a sponsor.

One Day

One hour at a time if need be.

With so many online meetings, it's easy to go to a meeting. Much support if you join a LOOP of yahoo group or other ogranization.

This habit to break is life altering and almost woven in my DNA. Loads of reading has helped along with therapy.

Hello. Just poking around. I am not a Candide for AA or NA (never had that problem) BUT I do think I am a foodie, foodaholic? I am about 80 lbs overweight. I just like to eat. I like the taste, the smell of food. I never could understand how folks could forget to eat!? And God help me, come around 8 p.m. comes the withing hours hours. I just want to eat and I am not sure why. I have tried to eat healthily food as an alternative but I end up eating junk anyway. Hubby is not any help...:tt1:

Hi! I know where you are coming from. Although I have never had a drinking problem, I have been a compulsive overeater for the last 15 or so years with overweight issues since my teens. I was banded in 2005, lost 80 or so pounds, but have put back on 20 pounds over the last 9 months. I feel like I am spiraling out of control with my eating and am so sad about it and feel helpless. I just started therapy last week with nutrional counseling starting next week. I pray and think about my overeating constantly. You may want to consider therapy, prayer if you are so inclined, and there are many comforting books on the topic of compulsive eating. The lapband is great, but it doesn't get to the real issues of why we run to food seeking comfort and a way to avoid life in general. You aren't alone - there are many of us in your same situation. As my therapist said in our first session last week, like Dorothy in Oz, you have the power to help yourself, you just don't know it yet.

I'm not an alcoholic, but several of my OA friends that are also in AA have told me that they thought they could do OA using their AA meetings and sponsor, but found they really needed an OA sponsor and meetings to handle their food addiction. Good luck to you getting the support you need!

Tricia