Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you hit a plateau but are loosing inches?

I'm sorry that that happened to you. My doctor won't consider a fill until a full 6 weeks have passed. Just like you I can't stand to be hungry!!!!! I've started drinking shakes to give me the Protein that I need and since I'm allergic and intolerant to any milk products it has been a challenge! I've found a product called Revival Soy. I get 20g of proten in the shake alone and it's only 120 calories. I add 16oz of soy milk for 14g more of Protein and 180 calories; my intake total is 34g protein, 300 calories. I still get hungry, but not the out of my mind hunger that was so overwhelming.

I'm learning to make my mind set that soy drink is nutrition and food is a snack only. I wonder if it will every change.

hi, i was banded on 1/22/08. at my two week appt, i had lost 17 pounds. now a week later i have only lost 1 or 2. not sure because the scale at my gym is different than doctor's office. but my clothes are getting looser. so as long as i am losing inches, i am not going to worry about the pounds as much. or try not to. about to go on semi solid foods next week. did you do ok with the transition from liquids to solids?

Finally, I lost 1.4 this week. I added a lot of Protein into my diet via shakes and Protein Bars. That seemed to have helped. I also noticed that I have so much more energy!

My doctor told me I couldn't go back to the spa until 6 weeks passed, i'm getting antsy. I would love to see what the scale says after I go back!

Just an update...After a three week plateau while only consuming 800 cal/day, my doctor advised me to increase my calories to 1000-1200/day, if I could. At around 5 weeks post op, I was able to do so, and I started losing again (I have not had a fill yet). I'm sure I'll plateau again, but at least I know it will not last forever.

Good luck everyone. Thanks for sharing.

That's wonderful! I am so happy for you. Those plateaus can be so scary because of what that has meant in the past but now with our bands we will be sure to be able to break through! Way to go!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches