Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here rrom Maine???

My nutritionist told me that for at least the first month between each meal you have to drink a Protein shake.. There are tons to choose from, but I think the guidelines I got were less than 5g of sugar, and about 20g of protein per shake. I think there is a thread on here about protein drinks... I don't have my binder right here, but when I get it I can tell you for sure, as well as names of some of the shakes. Good luck to you, hope you're feeling better soon:)

yeah i do the protien shakes too, especially in the beginning and at times when i get tight from swelling. I like high Protein slim fast (or is it low carb slim fast) but just remember to GO BY THE INFO ON THE BACK, the nutritional info, you want to find one that has the least carbs and sugars, and the highest protein available. Be careful about the really high Protein Shakes though because their caloric intake and carb intake can be really high. Foods like Cottage cheese with a little honey in it is good, salads with seasoned ground turkey is good, roasted lamb shank at a good greek restraunt is good. even Jello has a little protein i think. A good way to keep track of your daily protien intake is FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal you can get a free account and journal EVERYTHING you put in the mouth, as well as track your wieght and excercise if you like. I love the program. It really has helped me a great deal.

Hi Kerri, I'm trying to get off work early so I can be there... I really want to go, but I stupidly said I could work until 5:30 that day, and I'm 45 min away! I'm going to see If I can get off at 4:00. I still have to wait until march for my psyc eval, so I am in hurry up and wait mode...

Take care, maybe see you tuesday!

I am really hoping that Tuesday's snow will hold off until night time... I am worried that they will cancel, and I wont have my 3rd support group for Thursdays appt.. EEEKKK!!

I am about 45 minutes to an hour away (depending on roads and traffic..) as well. It's not my favorite trip to make, but always well worth it! I got some extra time off on Tuesday so I can pop into the Christmas Tree shop after group. Yay!! I love that place:) I am soooo crossing my fingers that the snow will hold off until late.. Hope all is well with you!

:)Kerri

Kerri, I managed to get off work tomorrow at 4:15, so I will be making the meeting by the skin of my teeth! I hope the weather holds off as well! I would hate to get there to find out it's cancelled! The forecast states the weather will begin in the evening.- My problem, and you may have this too, is it can be sunny in Augusta, and It could be snow'in a bloody foot at home!! I'm just going to call the center before I leave.

anyway, I hope to see you there!

Sarah

hi...my hubby is from pittsfield maine... worked in the waterville area...he was a paramedic and firefighter there and we met online and he moved to Virginia...1500 miles south and we married 8 years ago...i had the lapband surg. last july 12th 07... love it...have lost 65 lbs...we went back home to maine in sept...heard they are having soo much snow now..my hubby never plans to move back to maine he says...he loves the southern weather..vamaillady

Hi Vamaillady:) Congrats on your weight loss!! The closer I get to surgery, the more I am petrified about not succeeding.. I can only hope to be as successful as you! 65lbs in 6 months is fabulous!

The southern weather would be great about now.. The snow this year has been unbelievable! Don't get me wrong, I do love it for winter activities, but it can really be a pain at the rate of 2-3 storms per week. It is so hard to get to work, and (as you can see on the above posts) the support groups! All I have to say is God Bless 4X4!! hehe.. Best of luck to you, and keep up the good work:)

Hey Sarah! Did you make it to the support group yesterday? I was there, but not sure if you were.. I should've asked you what you'd be wearing so I could be on the look out for you lol... I just got home from the overnight shift- blaaaahhhh!! The roads and weather are so horrible right now.. Gotta love Maine!

:)Kerri

Hi, I'm from Maine. I don't know anything about the lap-band process. My PCP is sending my medical records to the surgeon. I'm planning on having my surgery at MMC, provided I'm approved. It seems like some elite club. The stories that people tell on this site are incredible. My PCP thinks my insurance will cover the procedure no problem because of all my problems. I have a hiatal hernia too, and I read a post where the band had to be deflated, because a development of a hiatal hernia in someone who had the band. Please let me know how your process is going. I actually live outside of Augusta and work in Lewiston. Good luck, it sounds like you are on the right track, albeit a lengthy track.

im from maine. but i havent lived there for a long long time. i miss the beautiful falls there, but i dont miss the cold , the rain and the bugs. i miss my lobster and fried clams. omg. the best. hope u all are doing well with your bands. ayya.