Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here rrom Maine???

hey I have a house in Presque Isle Maine...but when i had my surgery it was really new up there. I had it done through a surgeon in Houston. Glad to hear its picking up, up there.

Im currently hanging out for the winter in Galveston Texas.

Kerri, looks like you solved the ticker problem! Congrats on returning to school! That too, is a huge step and commitment. Good for you! Isn't it funny how when you get your mind set on committing to the surgery, you also begin to reflect on your life, and do all sorts of things you may have never done. What are you going to school for?

I won't be able to make the Waterville group, but the next Augusta one i'll be at.

Take care, and congrats!! Talk to you later-

Sarah

Lizrbit, Welcome from 3,000miles away! I'll throw you a cyber snowball to make you feel right at home! o 0 O!! Here's a snowman too! 8.

Sorrry to hear about the leak, but I'm glad you didn't give up! I hope your "losing streak" continues!!

Sarah

Congrats, Connie, and welcome:) Great job!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got the call yesterday that I am approved, approved, approved!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!! It happened so quick.. Last friday at my last nutrition appt, they told me that it would take a week or 2 to have my case go to team, then it takes about 30 days for insurance approval.. Well... All of it took less than a week?!?!?! YAY!! I can't tell you how thrilled I am!:biggrin: I have my next appt with the nurse then Nate the trainer both on the 14 of Feb, then my final consult with the surgeon and my last appt with Nate on the 21 of Feb, then I wait a week for my surgery date!!!!!!!!! I can't believe this is finally happening:) Just had to share.. I have been DYING at work since yesterday without the internet to share my news:)

~(A very excited..)Kerri

Kerri! YEH!! I am so happy for you! It's been such a long wait for you, since July, right? You will have to let us know when your date is so we can cheer you on! Isn't it funny how it can take forever, just to get to the beginning???

Yup, I wen to the July seminar.. It's been quite a work in progress since! I will be sure to let everyone know the date:) I am so psyched!! And yes, I figured out the ticker kind of, but I wanted my starting weight and goal weight on it, not my BMI, and how much I have to lose? I am easily confused..lol.. I am just happy to have gotten this one up:)

p.s.Thanks for sharing my excitement!

wow....you traveled all the way to Dallas to have this surgery? Are you a self pay? Where did you have your surgery? Good luck on your journey everyone. I'm 2 weeks post-op and feeling great! I'm so happy with this decision and can't wait until Feb 28th for my first fill!!

BTW....I live in TX now but grew up in NH. My in laws are retired and have a summer place in Bridgton, ME.

Hi Tween,

maine is gorgeous spring and summer...and i look forward to returning in April. I had my surgery in Houston. I found a surgeon who had done like 4k of them with good record. The reason i went down here has two folds to it. One because it really was a 'new' surgery when i could find it in maine and two because i was angling to have a reason to get down here to galveston for the winter to ride out the temps. ;)

worked out pretty good, but im very excited to see people doing it in Maine and hearing their stories, (and seeing the successes!)

right on Mainiacs!

Hello! Thank you for the support words! I can't remember who asked- but no, I was not a self-pay. My insurance covered my surgeon in Dallas. I had to cover my flight and hotel expenses, of course, but it was so worth it! My Dr is really amazing and has done almost 3600 lap band surgeries. He was featured in "Living" magazine with his team.

Can anyone tell me how to get a ticker?

Thanks again for the welcome!!

Connie

To get my ticker, I just clicked on someone ticker, and it brought me up to the ticker factory page. It says "create your own ticker". It took me some trying..:lol: I 'm still working on getting up my starting weight and my goal, but for some reason it's coming up with my BMI and how much I have to lose.. hmmmm.. Good luck!:biggrin:

Kerri

Hi Kerri! Thanks for the info. Also, I forgot to say CONGRATS yesterday! It's so exciting to be approved! I remember when I got the call that I was approved, I danced a jig around my office and was so excited that I could hardly even stand myself!! Yes, it's true...I went from professional to a blubering 8 yr old girl in about 35 seconds. hahaha

I will work on the ticker...

Thanks again,

Connie

i am from mid coastal Maine. and was banded on 1/30/08 in Portland Maine by DR Renee Wolf

Hey Sarah.. I got the 12th off for support group yahh!! lol... There was nooo way I was traveling to Waterville yesterday in the nasty weather.. I called my boss this morning and told him that I AM taking off the afternoon of the 12th lol. I have to go to that group or they won't let me have my final consult with Dr.Trieu.. I am already crossing my fingers for good weather next Tuesday! Possibly see you there? Also, I wanted to join the Maine group on here, do you know how to do that??

:)Kerri

i am doing ok, but i suddenly feel really tired, and hot all the time, or then i am cold, i dont know if it is because i am not getting enough Protein or not. does anyone know how to get in the 50 to 60 grams of protein in the 3 1/2 a cup meals? on the blended stage