Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need support

I am looking for someone who can get me through a difficult time with my band. I was banded May 2007 and everything was going great untill Sept. I started throwing up alot and struggling with the band. I dont know if I slipped back into my old habits of eating too fast or too much but now I am in a vicious downward spiral. I got the band Xrayed and the doctor said everything looked fine, but I am not fine. I think about food all day and what I can eat that will stay down. I have begun to experiment with food like a game, to see what stays down and what wont. I am not eating healthy, I know that, I am throwing up all of the time, I don't feel like I am eating much at all but my body does not know what to do. It is confused and so am I. I started out on this journy successfully loosing 40 pounds in the first 3 months. Now I have been loosing and gaining the same 6 pounds for the last 4 months. I am in desprate need of starting over. I can't find the help I need locally. Please tell me what you think I need to do to get back in the loosing game? I cant fail at this!:hurray:

Time to regroup! Start by getting your head straight, you can do this!

Next go back to the basics, Protein first and lots of it. Also, maybe you need a fill.

It's all up to you babe, you can do it.

Good luck.

Thank you for the support. I dont think I need a fill because of my throwing up right now. I did start with protien this morning. I had scrambled eggs. I did not finish them because I got full. I came up stairs to see if anyone responded and the eggs started comming back up again.

I think you should give your tummy a rest for awhile. Start on your clear liquid for a few daysand slowly intrduce protien drinks, baby food, apple sause etc. I would try this first. You could have same major irratation going that doesn't show up on xray. You could also take maalox to reduce irritation. Good luck.

I was also banded in May. My last fill was in early December and for the last three weeks (most of January) I've been hypersensitive to everything. I've debated getting a slight unfill, but I am trying to "ride it out". I know one thing I have done is started taking bigger bites and I have GOT to work on that. Also the chewing. Another comment....I have ALWAYS had a slight problem with scrambled eggs. They pretty much qualify as a soft type food, but they have a way of really clogging up the pipes if you aren't careful....especially eating them in the morning. Anyway, it's times like these you have to really slow down. I would say start eating more often and smaller amounts and bites.