Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone recommend a good/inexpensive mini food processor to grind/blend my food?

Hi- I just wanted to see if anyone has one that works well, is not really expensive, and not huge. Thanks!

Lots of ppl rave on the magic bullet. It was too pricey for my budget but lots of ppl love theirs on this forum. So if 50-60 bucks is within your range check it out.

I'm currently waiting for my Magic Bullet to come in the mail. I'm not sure how long shipping takes, but I'm hoping it comes before too long.

It was $99 for two, and my sister and I are going in together on them, but the killer was shipping. $20 each for a total of $40 of shipping. We thought that was outrageous.

Here's a post I've written before:

I know many are fond of the Magic Bullet, but I am just not impressed with it's power (or lack of) compared to other blenders out there. Plus it's pretty expensive at $50-$60, the cheapest I've seen it was at Kohl's at Xmas and that was a four hour day after Thanksgiving sale price for $36.

The Magic Bullet has *only* 225W of power.

There is a personal sized blender at Walmart that you can get online that is 350W and is only $18ish, here's the link:

Back to Basics 3-Speed Brushed Chrome Personal Blender Express, BPE3BR - Wal-Mart

I can't find it in the stores, but I did find it online at Walmart and if you're not a Wallyworld fan, here's an msn link with more estores that carry it:

Back to Basics 350-Watt Personal Blender Express price comparison

I just ended up buying a new blender (I needed one anyway) from Walmart, it's an Oster that came with a food processer attachment and a free personal size mix mug (not all the boxes had that, but they do sell those for about $13 or so) and it was $40 (now less than that). It has 450 watts. I do really like it. This is it:

Oster 12-Speed Osterizer Blender With food Processor Attachment - Wal-Mart

Here's the link to the personal mixer cup:

Oster Blend-n-Go Cup - Wal-Mart

But did you know that if you have a blender that has the screw-off base with the removable blades (screw the base off the jar and take the blade assembly and a gasket ring out for cleaning) that that ring actually fits on canning jars? Talk about nice and small, you could use half pint or pint size jars and not have to worry about buying another blender/mixer at all. I have a bunch of those old glass canning jars with the handle on them they used to sell in the dollar stores, those work great.

I'm currently waiting for my Magic Bullet to come in the mail. I'm not sure how long shipping takes, but I'm hoping it comes before too long.

It was $99 for two, and my sister and I are going in together on them, but the killer was shipping. $20 each for a total of $40 of shipping. We thought that was outrageous.

that's why i got mine at Walmart for $50...and i love it

I am on my second Bullet. On my first the motor went so I purchased a regular blender for $19.99 at Sears. It worked fine but I couldnt stand trying to get it clean. So I bought another bullet. Its fine for making shakes

Remember the higher the watts, the more power, the more power, the better able it is to crush ice (for mixing Protein shakes) and chop up food for the pureed stage. I had no problems fully pureeing chicken or beef. then I realized it was just sooo much easier to go to the grocery store and buy baby food and mix that with stuff. No sodium, no preservatives, etc...

I have to say that I am not overly impressed with the Magic Bullet. Prior to my surgery I just had to have one! I went out and spent some Christmas money my dad gave me on mine. It only does a fair job on making shakes. Seems to have a hard time crushing up the ice. Works better if it is filled very full and you dont use full cubes of ice. As for food... mine is awful. I definately do not get a consistent texture with anything .... I have all kinds of chunks that I cant get it to blend out even if I tap it down, shake it...even take the lid off and scrape down the sides. It is not worth the 50 plus dollars I spend on it IMO.

My husband got me the small food processor at Walmart. I think it was less than $15 and he got me the hand mixer for the shakes. I have a blender and it works well too, but it's his margarita mixer. I put chicken, eggs, tuna, fish and vegtables in mine. No it doesn't hold alot so I mix most ingredients separately. It is similar to my large processor. I just like using it when I'm making a meal for myself. I haven't gotten the magic bullet yet though. I hope you find what works for you.

I got a $10 electric food chopper at the grocery store. It's just the right size for a single serving of just about anything and there are only three parts -- the blade, the bowl, and the lid. I love it!

I have a great Cuisinart food processor but it's more than I need to turn solid food into mushies.