Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on the 22nd!

Sorrows,

I agree, this is not the easy way out. I would love for some of those people to deal with the port pain, and try to stay on liquids only for 2 weeks, then do mushy foods. it is not as easy as some think. Especially when u have to cook normal food for your family. I am a widowed mom of a 15 year old. Thankfully she is capable of makin her own dinner some times but i do like to make stuff for her once in a while. lol.

I dont have much in the way of bruising but port is sore. Throat still feels funny but the warm liquids do help.

We (my cuz and me) are allowed todo Protein shakes as of day 3.. We have also been taking chewable Multivitamins plus B12 dots. Also Calcium supplements. the Protein Shakes i am using are EAS Advantage. 17 g Protein and 2 net grams of carbs. and they taste pretty good.

I am actually ready to go back to work... ! i can only imagine what has backed up since last week!

Hope all is well with everyone today!

Hi RedTulips3,

Thank you for your post. Was wondering what you ate during your first and second weeks? I'm beginning to feel a bit hungry and I thought that was the entire point of this surgery. Wondering if it isn't working or something? Can you eat like a pudding or something? Boullion Soup and Jello doesn't seem to be relieving the hunger. I thought I would not get hungry after being banded?

My doc allowed me clear and full liquids the first week, I don't know what your doc allows, so follow what he/she tells you.

Everyday I drank (and still do) a Slimfast chocolate low carb Protein shake. I love 'em! I saw you asked about Protein. They have 20 grams of protein, though they do have 190 calories and 9 grams of fat. But the convenience of not having to mix it up myself and the fact that I like the taste, it's worth the calories to me.

So I drank 1 of those everyday, not all 11 oz at once, but 4 oz here, 4 oz there etc. I was also "eating" baby food, which I never thought could taste so good. I really liked the oatmeal and Pears because the oatmeal gave it nutrition and there were Vitamins added as well. With some sweet'n'low, it tasted like apple cobbler! I also ate cream of cauliflower and Tomato Soup.

Second week I started pudding and yogurt and I continued the liquids, though my doc gave me the okay to start a scrambled egg and pureed chicken, tuna and tofu. I held off til almost the second week was over and I added egg drop soup and tofu to start getting in more protein.

Hope you're feeling better each day!

I may have messedup today, I was reading through my post op instructions today and in one spot it said I cold eat pureed food. I pureed chick pees with a little broth it was not runny. I ate it then I looked at my post paper again and it said full liquids. It says two different things. My stomach feels so full. I probably ate 1/4 -1/2 cup.. Do you think I did damage? I have lost 12 lss since the preop diet of low carbs. 6 ls being the last 5 days which is exciting. My port site still hurts its not infected though. Any one else have this still?