Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Thanks for all the responses, ladies. It is nice to know I'm not alone in being frustrated. I guess, for the most part, this hasn't been too difficult for me up to now. I can still pretty much eat whatever I want...I've just been eating smaller portions and making healthier choices. So now that I'm hitting a wall, it is time for me to really kick my own butt into higher gear. I got back into exercising this month, so now I'll add the aerobics class and see where that takes me. I'll try tracking my foods and making a better effort to really get in all my Protein. Water usually isn't a problem for me, but getting enough sleep is always hard. So Leslie, I'm with you on starting over. I didn't pay for this myself and go through all of this to stop here. I am determined that I will see my goal. My first goal, however, is to finally get below 200, and I am bound and determine that I will not be above 200 lbs. by the time 2009 rolls around!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm right there with you Sheryl! That's my goal too - 199 by the end of the year. We can and will do this.

Well, I just got back from the Galleria Mall. I walked around it 6 times with my husband (Mr. Skinny) then sat and drank unsweetened iced tea while he ate lunch from Chen's Wok. I ate 2 hard boiled eggs for lunch when we got home. Good for me!! Of, course, he'll probably lose 5 lbs. by the end of the week.........but, I feel better...I do, really I do.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Good for you RosieJo! I'm glad you enjoyed your walk.

I will Leslie. Also, where do you workout? I have a membership at Tony's and would love a partner. Let me know.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm working out at the Y. I used to be a member at Tony's, but never felt comfortable there. Of course that was at my highest and it seemed everyone was there to socialize. I ended up asking Tony for a refund and went somewhere else. I really like the Y - there's lots to do and there are programs there for my kids. That reminds me, my eldest wants to take Karate...I need to call them today.

Hello Everyone:

I am not the inspiration guru by no means. Nor will I pretend to be that one friend that no matter how bad things get seems to have the enthusiasm of a blonde cheerleader during a halftime show.

I am however one who believes in getting inspiration from where she can..even if it means stealing it from the famous words of other Smarty Pants people. :tt1:

If anyone has read my posts, you will know that I have been suffering from bouts of dizziness and severe leg pain. Not to mention that i am in season 2 of "The Bold, The Black, and The Beautiful" <-- the name that I have given to the soap opera that is my life. This season will focus on familly issues and all of the Jerry Springer drama that comes with my family.

I should elbow my way to the front of the room becasue I am definitely going trough some bander purgatory right now. Matter of fact, I expect the boils and locusts to arrive anytime now.

Yay team Brina! LO-custs!! Woohoo!! <--daily sarcasm. :)

Here are some words of wisdom stolen by various smarty pants people(and my comments on them) that sometimes help me through my funks.

Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. ~Author Unknown (ps. this also counts if those "pebbles" are M&Ms or Skittles)

Fall seven times, stand up eight. ~Japanese Proverb (This even applies if you were PUSHED down. I do consider a 170lb 5'10" (who just had twins) friend inviting me to her home for a decadentt soulfood dinner a PUSH. That skinny, collar bone showing, flat stomach having, just had twins without a stretchmark, hussy. I love her, but if there was a process called REVERSE Lipo suction.....she'd get two shots to the hips and one one shot to the belly.)

Setbacks are like knives: They either serve us or cut us, as we grasp them by the blade or the handle. (I am not perfect and I won't always be able to grab my setback by the handle. I will try to. However, I need the occasional cut to remind me that this knife will still cut me in the end if I continue to sugar coat it and make excuses for myself. )

When confronted with a Goliath-sized problem, which way do you respond:

"He's too big to hit" or like David, "He's to big to miss"? (I wave this one around when I start on one of my "pity parties" or when I launch a full out "I-can't-do" campaign).

Anyway, you guys are still my number one source of inspiration. I know for a fact that I would be an absolute mess if I had not stumbled across this board. Thanks again for being my (s)heroes.

Leslie

Get off the pitty party and get your butt back to the gym! You are not a third wheel at all, I need your support or i piddle out as well. I didn't go today at all but expect to see your happy face there in the morning! Right?? I am counting on you, I need you to help keep me accountable! Call me if you need to talk you know i can listen.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Thanks J. I need a good butt kicking! Tis ashamed you didn't want to join the pity-party. There's plenty of room for more. I'm feeling better tonight than I was this morning.

I've got to find my gym stuff and wash it. I'll call you in a bit. I've got to find my cell - you know how I am about that phone. I need a new one that actually holds a charge!

Hello everyone! I know all about the plateau's from hell. I went through a 3 month plateau not too long ago. Sure, I lost a couple of pounds here and there, then gained them and lost them again. Sooooo frustrating!!

I am finally losing again!!! Hallelujah! I have been doing low carb. It's really hard, but it's just about the only way I lose. I've tried eating a balanced diet, even became a lacto ovo vegetarian for a while....none of it worked. I am going to try my best to stick with low carb until I get to goal and then add in healthy carbs to maintain.

I have also upped my Water intake and that seems to be helping too. Oh, and running my butt off, lol. Running has been a bigger issue for me than the food. I am determined to run that 5k in October. I am finally starting to feel healthy again. It's great!

This is probably going to sound weird, but I'm kinda glad I had that long plateau. Why? I noticed that during my plateau, my loose skin got tighter. I don't know how, but it did. Maybe I was losing inches or maybe my body just needed to catch up with the weight loss. Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of skin and I know I will need plastic surgery afterwards, but it's nice that is has tightened up some for now. Strange, right?

Anyway, for all you who are on a plateau right now....don't give up!! It will eventually start coming off again. You may need to change up your diet and exercise to get it jumpstarted. Good luck everyone and have a wonderful week!!

Georgia Girl - I just noticed your ticker, you're only 2 pounds to the century mark! Way to go!!! It's so nice to hear that your weight loss has kicked back in. Keep up the great work.

Georgia Girl - I just noticed your ticker, you're only 2 pounds to the century mark! Way to go!!! It's so nice to hear that your weight loss has kicked back in. Keep up the great work.

Thanks nip! I am so determined to lose 2 more pounds by Saturday (my bandiversary)! Although I was hoping to have lost more, I always said that I wanted to lose at least 100 lbs by my one year bandiversary.

BTW, I think you are the Queen of the Bandits, lol! Your weight loss success has encouraged me when I felt like giving up. Congrats!!

Hello everyone! It has been a long time since I posted, so I don't know if anybody remembers me, but I was banded by Dr. B in April. I was off to a great start, then floundered there for a while, but I am gearing back up and getting off the pity pot.

Reading the recent posts today has been an inspiration and helped me feel even better about doing what I know I need to do- so thanks to all of you for being so uplifting!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hey girl! I've been wondering where you have been! PM me when you can :-)...I don't know if you remember me either - but we were banded a few weeks apart. I need to go to lunch - I'll post/catch up later.