Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Guest Leslie2Lose

Thanks Pamela! I'm scheduled for 8:30 tomorrow morning. I have to be there at 8:00 to sign the paperwork. I'll post after my surgery to let everyone know how it went.

Good Luck Tiger and Leslie! Leslie, it was so good to chat with you yesterday!! Please keep my number and lets do it again! Lots of times I call Bamboobabe and chat it up with her too!

I know this is gonna sound horrible, but I am trying NOT to lose any more weight until after the wedding. My dress is already altered a huge heap and the alterations lady said that I really don't need to lose anymore or the dress might look funny from taking it up again...Oh the IRONY! I just got over my TOM so the weight just flew off after all the Water retention got over with.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hey ya'll. I'm home and doing fine from the revision surgery. I'm sore and really tired. I think it is the anesthesia. It's weird - my back hurts more than anything. I'm taking some meds and heading back to bed. I hope everyone else is doing well!

Hey ya'll. I'm home and doing fine from the revision surgery. I'm sore and really tired. I think it is the anesthesia. It's weird - my back hurts more than anything. I'm taking some meds and heading back to bed. I hope everyone else is doing well!

Hey girl! I'm so glad you are home and everything went okay. I know you are sore right now, so just take it easy and get lots of rest! I wonder why your back hurts so bad? Gas maybe? I dunno, you could try a heating pad and see if that helps. I've read that it does wonders! You take care and rest up. Let us know how it's going tomorrow.

They don't blow you up with Co2 with a revision but there still could be gas just from being opened up I suppose. Try walking around when you feel like it and see if that helps. I know with surgeries sometimes my back will be sore just from the way I was laying on the table. With that procedure being as short as it is, it's probably just gas though. I'm so glad you are home and doing well! Take it easy!!

Hi everyone,

As you know I did get my band on Friday. I have slept alot to get over the anesthesia. I am not in a whole lot of pain but I do have a question.

Did anyone have any pain under their left boob sorta just below the rib cage? Could it be gas or just soreness from being cut?

Other than that I feel wonderful. I am so excited now.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hello Tiger:

i know what you mean. After my surgery I had pain right in that exact spot. I am sure that it has something about where he had to manipulate some tissue to get the port where he wanted it. Then for a while, if I I would lie on my back and press down right along the edge of my ribcage i could feel this lump. I mean it did not hurt, but it was a noticeable lump there. Any weirdness that i felt on my left side after surgery i attributed to band placement. the funny thing is that most of it is gone now. I had my surgery on 2/25/08.

Congrats on finally getting banded.

I remember that the heating pad was my friened because i had a helacious back ache for about the first week or so after surgery. I don't knwo if it was becasue of the way they placed me on the operating table or if it was becaseu of all the trapped gas or a litttle of both. Pretty much the heating pad was my savior. I swear that if my eyelashes so much as itched i was reaching for the heating pad.

Tiger:

Congrats on getting your band. Walking helped me a lot. And Gas-X strips.

Leslie:

I'm glad you've gotten your revision. How much of a fill did you get with the revision?

Brina:

Welcome Back! I've missed your posts! Hope all is well with you.

I was wondering if anyone had researched plastic surgeons at this point. I know that it's recommended to wait at least a year after WLS to give the skin a chance to tighten, but I'm not really all that patient and with just this small loss, things are headed south!!!

I can't begin to imagine what it will be like a year from now. So if anyone has done a consult and knows approximate costs for tummy-tuck and breast lift, please share.

Tiger50- glad you are doing well! Walking and using the heating pad should help a lot. I wish you a speedy recovery and take it easy.

Bamboobabe- I haven't researched plastic surgeons yet. I'll probably start that when I am much closer to goal. Things are "headed south" on me too, lol! But DH and I have to decide whether or not we want to have another child first. So, it may be a while before I actually have my skin removed.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Tiger50 - I'm glad your surgery went well. I had the same pains as you in the rib cage area. I love my heating pad. It really made a difference to me. I think a lot of it is gas. Take care of yourself and don't overdo too soon.

As for my fill, I don't know. I know he did one by DH doesn't remember what he told him. I spoke to Terri on Saturday and she said she'd have to check with him because she wasn't sure.

I'm convinced there was a problem with my port from the beginning. From day one of my surgery my port hurt, it wasn't sore, it hurt. I couldn't roll over or bend down without my muscle pulling and having a ripping sensation. This time around I haven't had any problems at all. Also, I was never able to feel my port, even the day of surgery. I can feel it now. I'm back to normal activities - the incision area is sore, but that's about it.

Bamboobabe - I've had a consultation with Dr. Moye in Albany. I'm looking into a Tummy Tuck, but am having trouble with my insurance - I want them to pay for it. The doctor is fine with doing it now, but my insurance wants 18 months post op, so it'll probably have to wait until next summer. I work in the school system so I'd have to have mine during summer. I knew I was pushing it for this year, but thought I'd give it a shot. I believe the cost for a tummy tuck is around 10K, I never got an exact figure since I was trying for insurance. I really liked Dr.Moye, maybe you should give his office a call and see just what his prices are.