Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

I was given both the pill and the zappy wrist thing...maybe they dont give the zappy wrist thing anymore! Praise the Lord almighty if that is the case! I was banded 01-17-08 and I still have a very visable scar from that damn wrist thing.

I called today and have a date for surgery of June 13. I am so happy. I am sure all of you have felt what I do right now. I had not heard of that zappy thing before so at least now if they do give me one I will be prepared.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful day.

I need to thank yall for talking about exercise. It got me thinking about how lazy i have been lately so I went out to Darton College and walked the track for two miles. I am so proud of myself for getting off my butt and actually going to do something. Keep up the talk it is motivating.

As far as the zappy thing after surgery. HATED IT!!!! I also had the pill prior to surgery and a patch behind to my ear. I had no nausea really but i am not sure what to give the credit to.

Take care!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I had my surgery April 10th...no zappy thing! I got a patch behind my ear for nausia. It worked. I was so happy not to have the zappy thing.

Updates from me! I have been without a computer at home (darn virus!) and was out of the office all day yesterday.

Nip - congrats on Onderland and good luck with the PS!

Jonathan - sorry to hear about your accident.

Tiger and others - great news about your surgery! Welcome to all the others that recently posted that I haven't seen here before!

I had a fill today and they added 2 more cc's for a total of 5. Is that a normal amount? They decided they could be 'aggressive' since I'm out of town, and kept me around to make sure the Water stayed down okay. So I'm up to 5 cc's in my band and hoping I see some big differences after this fill. I've 'only' lost 4.5 since my last fill, but the inches are sure coming off. I went shopping in my closet this weekend, and today am wearing a pair of pants I haven't worn in at least 2 years! It feels GREAT!

Bad news - I am scheduled for surgery on my thumb (torn ligament) June 9. My entire summer is shot between the removable cast I'm in now (and have been in for 2 months) and the brace/cast/splints I'll be in after surgery. It stinks but at least it isn't my right hand~!

On exercise - I've been walking 2 miles a day 3 days a week. Some weeks are better than others, but I'm doing okay with it.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I've GOT to get on the exercise band wagon. Y'all need to stay on top of me!!! I need a walking buddy. DH will walk some, but he give up too easy. I need a challenge!

I have my first fill on Thursday. I've been so slack this past week. I'm doing my best not to be a hog and eat eat eat. DD birthday party was this past weekend - Urrghh...I tried to be pretty good. I haven't gained anything - YET, but the scales my reflect my behavior lately. I deserve to gain - maybe it'll get me back on track. I'm praying for restriction with my fill. Right now I have NONE!!! I've really really strugged, and failed some, this past week.

ally - I hate to hear about your surgery, but just think - the sooner it gets here the sooner it will be over and you'll be back to your old self in no time. Hopefully pain free! You'll have to let us know how it goes.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Pam - They have moved our "social group" to the main page. The computer is showing that the invitations are out to everyone.

The social group reminds me kind of like a chat room for our group. Did anyone get an invitation? If not - go ahead and join up and check it out.

Hello everyone:

I have not been to the board for a while. i had to go home and help my mama recover after her fibroid surgery. She is doign well.

i went and had my second fill on 5/19. they put in 2.0 cc of Fluid. i had lost 6 more lbs in SPITE of the fact of how poorly I ate when i was in orlando. they put in the 2.0 cc and asked me to swallow some Water. i swallowed and within 3 minutes had started salivating and doing my routine pre-puke signs. they ended up taking out 1.0 cc before I left the office. Holy crap. I could not bleive that. I was not able to swallow water. She told me that she thinks that i could reach my sweet spot soon if i responded like that. We will see.

Exercise? What is that? Uhm..My name is Sabrina and I have sinned. I have been sitting on my butt like it has been velcroed to the couch, father. i know i know better and it will catch up with me. Part of it is laziness, the other part is my dislike of heat (I step outside and melt into a puddle of chocolate), and the biggest part is fear that i am gonna hurt my knees again. I had never been in pain becasue of my weight until i turned into Jane Fonda, over did it, and shot out both my knees. thank ya'll for bringing up exercise though. You know how i give into peer pressure anyway. All the cool banders are doing it, so you know I will be out there walking or cycling or "walking off the pounds" pretty soon.

I am on my way to work now as we speak. i am ready for them to give me some weird schedule change which will truly screw up my eating pattern. I think my job likes my hips. It is doing everything in its power to help me keep them.

take care everyone. Each of you is my inspeiration.

if ya'll do form soem kind of exercise group or soemthing, PLEASE post it so that I will know about it. I need people to threaten to come over with a cattle prod and make me get off my butt every once in a while. I promiose to lovingly do the same for you. :cursing:

Ok ladies! I went yesterday and walked the track at Darton all by myself. So we need to get a plan together and meet up to walk. I can be there after 5:00 normally. The trail in the woods is really well shaded and about 3.5 miles or there are all sorts of tracks laid out. We can make it as hard or as easy as we like depending on the path we take. They have off suty police officers out there for security so it is always pretty safe. NOW yall name the day and time and we will have us a walking group. BRINA!! LESLIE!!! COME ON!! MOVE YOUR BUTTS! :cursing:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hey Jeannie - Darton walking sounds great. What do you know? I am open tomorrow or Thursday. Going to the beach for Memorial Day, but I'd love to get my butt into gear by then. I keep telling myself - I'll start after my fill, but I don't need to do that. I need to do it now! So Wed or Thur? Brina - you better be there too girl! 5:15 is a good time - I get off work at 5:00.

Hey everyone! I haven't been posting much lately. I've just been really busy.

I haven't been doing very well with the exercise, but I did go the gym today and I feel really good. I really need to start making it a daily routine.

I am going for another fill on Thursday. I am beginning to think I was a little too conservative with my fills. It was my choice to go really slow with it but they seem to only last a week or two. I have never PB'd or slimed and I know I have not hit my sweet spot yet. I have a total of 6.75cc in my band, I guess I'll ask for a .5cc fill this time. Maybe I'll hit my sweet spot soon...

Ok everyone, lets get our BUTTS into gear!!

Wednesday I am obligatd ot take my mil shopping, bt i am free Thursday afternoon. Lets do it then. Brina, get your butt over here and let us know you will be there... Any one else feel free to join in as well.

Hi all,

I, too, melt in the heat, but I'm willing to give a 5:15 walk in the woods a try at Darton. Jeannie, where do you park, and where do we start? Leslie, I want to meet you there. Allykat, how about you? Let's get rid of some inches together before you have your surgery!

I think I have hit onederland (according to my scale) but I'm waiting to get the official "YES" when I weigh myself tomorrow at the OTC. That will be one week out from having my second fill (1cc). I'm at 5 cc out of 10 cc and I can definitely tell the difference.

Leslie and Georgia--what times are your appointments tomorrow? Maybe I'll run into one or both of you. Any "secret" sign you want to use?

Holly

I wish I could, Holly, but I'm in Thomasville. Ya'll have fun though! I've been doing pretty well with walking 2 miles most days, but I really want to add in some weights. Just can't figure out how to do it with this cast thingy on my arm!

Question - I had 2 ccs yesterday. After my first fill, I felt some restriction immediately and I don't really remember being hungry much after the fill. I'm freaking starving right now. Maybe some of it is head hunger, I don't know. But I'm definitely hungrier now than I was after my first fill. Is this normal?