Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

I AM SO CONFUSED... Malik told me to test with lunch so I got a lean cuisine Asian beef with rice and veggies (broccoli etc) I was able to eat it fine with no problems. So what do I do? I can't be too tight if I can eat that right? I mean surely if I was too tight I could not have eaten an entire lean cuisine correct? Why does my restriction vary so much from day to day??

Well, I am back to work and feeling 100%! I go for my followup today. Boy, talk about hunger returning with a vengance! it doesn't take much to curb it, but after a couple of days of feeling no desire for food at all, it is weird to feel hungry. Special K Protein Water is from heaven!

I wish I had some words of wisdom for those of you who are having a tough time, but it would be silly for me to try to advise, obviously, newbie that I am. Just know I am rooting for you!

Brina - I wish I had known you were feeling that way - we had an arts festival in my town this weekend. I'd have invited you. I went through a period just like what you are going through when I was in my mid-20s. I know it stinks, but I learned so much about myself at that time. Unfortunately, I also made food my friend substitute - a 100 lb mistake! I think the suggestion of taking a class, be it a exercise or personal enrichment one, might make a big difference. I took a sculpture class once, and it was a ton on fun. Also, there are lots of worthy causes that need volunteers. My particular project is literacy - I am sure there is an adult ed organization that needs people to teach reading to adults. Giving to others always makes our own problems and lonliness seem to lessen.

And, we're always here for you on LBT! I am as addicted as you are.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Mia - do you think you may have a ulcer in your stomach that is acting up?

I don't know I've never had an ulcer. I don't think it is that because when I have thrown up it is clearly that golfball in the throat feeling of having food stuck. It is really weird because sometimes I can eat normal. Like at lunch I can eat a lean cuisine but then at supper time when I try to eat I can only get one or two bites in and then I get that stuck feeling and if I continue to eat, I PB, if I stop eating I'm have the pain in the chest until it passes. Its like my restriction yo yo's from fine to SUPER tight and its never in a regular pattern. Ok- Malik must called me back and said I need to come in and get an unfil- I'm on my way so I will post more when I get back.

Leslie - check online, I bet your tech college has a schedule listed online. I know we do!

Mia - I am no help since I'm only just now filled, but I would think if you are eating okay today, then you are probably okay. I do remember Elizabeth telling me you can be tighter in the morning and that it can fluctuate. While I don't feel the tightness that you do, there are times when I'm tighter than others.

Pam - hope you and your uncle are both better soon.

OnderWoman - Glad you are doing better. I remember those feelings of hunger and they are horrible!

Mia- that's strange. I am tighter in the morinings and around lunch. Usually by dinner, I am pretty relaxed. That's the way it is with most people I have read about. Well, the band does have a mind of it's own sometimes. Actually, I wish I was tighter at night. I can do really good all day and then the sun goes down and I want to eat everything in sight, lol!

Let us know how it goes.

Hello everyone:

Thanks again for listening to my plight. What are the names of the techincal colleges. I want to see if they have any classes that I wish to take.

Thank ya'll so much.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I know that Albany Tech is here. My sil takes courses there. I don't know about curriculum - I want to look into it as well. I'm going to try to find their website.

Hey Everyone-

I met with Elizabeth and the new girl Leslie. They seem to think that I got a piece of meat hung (I had a slice of boston butt on saturday) and it was not allowing things to pass and had irritated the lining of my stomach. They removed one cc and said to see if that would let it go through and if so, I could get my cc back at the next fill. I immediately felt relief once they took the 1cc out and was actually able to eat the first decent meal in the last few days! Elizabeth said for me to coat my stomach will mylanta at night for a few days to make sure things settle down. She said what was happening was that the piece of meat did not block the entire stoma so I could get thin mushy things down but when I would eat something solid or thicker than liquid it would back up and cause me to PB. She did say that if this continued I would have to have all of the Fluid taken out of the band. So I hope this does the job. I won't have the restriction that I had and will have to work harder to lose but right now I need to pamper my band a little as well as my tummy! Thanks for everyone who offered advice and support!

Mia, I am so glad you feel better. I hope this slight unfill helps you. Just be careful and take it easy. Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Okay, I feel stupid asking this question, but this is odd....

sitting at my desk today I noticed that if the edge of my desk touched my tummy, there was one little spot, right where the far left incision went, that is tender. too be expected, right, b/c I am only 9 days post op.

But, upon further inspection I feel like there is a little knot under the skin there where that incision is, maybe like 1/2 inch in diameter ball. The other two higher incision spots are much less tender and I don't feel anything under the skin, same for the one near my navel.

It almost feels like I can feel my band, but that can't be right, can it? Should I be concerned, do you think, or does this sound like normal scar tissue type healing?

Hello Oneder_Woman:

I noticed the same thing myself. i really don't know what that is, but i calmed myself stating that this had to be scar tissue or soemthing. Even to this day (and i was banded on 2/25/08) that far left incision is the one that if i press on jsut right i can get a small little twinge. I felt the know there too. I was laying down flat on my back and I ran my hands right below the edge of my ribs...and sure enough it was like a ball sized knot. I also told myself that it was also the incision that was the biggest becasue he had to push the port through and all that good stuff.

The things is that i could REALLY feel the knot right after surgery, but now i can only feel it if I lay a certain way and really look for it. i am taking this means that it has shrank some..as scar tissue or inflammation will do. The only other scar that messes with me is the scar that is by my armpit..that one still feels lumpy. The rest of my incisions are all flat and you cant feel anything beneath them. But i think that the incisions on the left involved bigger incisions and they had to manipulate the tissue more and push the band and pot through that tissue.

Again, this is what i am telling myself. If you are truly curious/uncomfortable ask Dr. B and staff. They are great with stuff like that. I never asked because i reasoned myself out of asking because I have doen surgeries before and i know how tissue tends to heal.

how are things going with everyone?

Mia: i am happy that you are doing better.

Pamela: i am glad that you dont seem so upset about the staff infection this time. You handled the last one like a soldier and kicked its butt...you will get over this one fine too.

everyone: I am looking for a pottery/clay sculpting class. Anyone know of any being offered in albany or somewhere with less than an hour drive? i am going to try to start up with my art stuff again. The last thing I made was a diaper cake (a cake made of baby diapers) for a baby shower and I had a blast doing that. i also decorated tiny baby bottles. I think getting back into craft mode is just what I need.

I don't remember knots on my tummy..I do remember some knoty areas around where he put the port in on my chest area though..Everybody heals differently...Shoot Terri and Dr. B's office an email and I'm sure she will let you know if anything is abnormal.

I'm doing pretty good, trying to stay motivated with not as much restriction as I did have before this unfill.. I just keep telling myself I can get the cc back in another week....

Pamela: i am glad that you dont seem so upset about the staff infection this time. You handled the last one like a soldier and kicked its butt...you will get over this one fine too.

everyone: I am looking for a pottery/clay sculpting class. Anyone know of any being offered in albany or somewhere with less than an hour drive? i am going to try to start up with my art stuff again. The last thing I made was a diaper cake (a cake made of baby diapers) for a baby shower and I had a blast doing that. i also decorated tiny baby bottles. I think getting back into craft mode is just what I need.

Hey Brina! My face is actually looking and feeling better. This may sound odd, but I've been putting organic raw apple cider vinegar on my face. My mom uses it for everything and suggested dabbing it on with a cotton ball and I think it's really helping. She convinced me to drink it a few years ago when I was trying to get pregnant. I mixed a few teaspoons of the vinegar with Water and honey, and I drank it everyday for about 3 months. I did get pregnant while I was drinking it. I had been trying for about 3-4 years before this and nothing ever worked. She has made me a believer of it.

I hope you find the class you are looking for. I took pottery in high school and I loved it. I'm really into the artsy stuff. I like to paint and draw too. I have actually thought about taking some type of art class too. I don't really have time right now though, but once I finish my online classes I might just look into something.

Mia- hang in there. The important thing is you are feeling better. Just do the best you can until you can get a fill.

Oh, I got all my curls chopped off yesterday. I finally got the haircut I've been wanting. It is sooooo short compared to what it was. I like it, but it will take some getting used to.

I would post a picture but I've been sick with a virus most of the day and I look like total crap! Maybe within the next week I can get a picture to post.