Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

and I can't believe how easy this has been so far. :unsure:

Like I said before, they took me back into my room really quickly, got the iv on the first stick, then let my parents and husband come back. I really think my parents had a hard time not freaking out. It wasn't too long before I went to the preop holding area, then all of a sudden things started happening really fast - they took me to OR, moved me onto the operating table, and strapped my arms down. I remember giggling to myself and thinking I felt like Jesus on the cross - I hope I didn't say that part out loud.

I remember waking up in recovery and being yelled at to breathe, then again telling whoever would listen that I was going to throw up - but I didn't. Then I woke up in a private room w/ my husband and parents again. I was home by 2 p.m. or so. I mostly slept the rest of Monday and dozed on an off all day yesterday. I slept late this morning - until about 9:30 or so. Still sore, but I didn't take any pain meds. My incision spots are sore, with the worst being the one in my left shoulder, nearly in my armpit. I haven't had bad gas yet.

One concern I have is throwing up. I haven't been sick to my stomach, but I do tend to choke (on air) easily and when I cough a lot, it is very easy for me to throw up.

So, I wonder if hard candy, like peppermint, is okay to have to sooth my throat keep me from coughing. anybody know?

Guest Leslie2Lose

Erika, I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. At least you didn't tell them what I did in OR. The last thing I remember is telling them, "If something happens to me I'm going to come back and haunt all of you". Then I heard laughter...that was it. The relaxing medicine made me kinda loopy.

I didn't have gas at first either. It took me a day or so to start my pain meds - once I started moving around I was more aware of my pain. Most of it was from my port. I didn't have hardly any in my abdomin. You take care of yourself and make sure you get in your liquids.< /p>

oneder woman, I don't think you can have candy right now. I would not take a chance on hard candy. If for some weird reason, you accidentally swallowed it or a piece of it, it could do some real damage.

What about some warm broth or warm tea?

Oneder:

I was told by Dr. B that I could use the cloraseptic lozenges, not spray because it irritates further. But he mostly recommended the liquid pain medication. I know it's a bit major for the throat, but it really did help with giving me relief. My throat pain was really the only reason I did use it. Still have more than half the bottle left now.

It's good to know that you're doing well overall.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Bamboobabe, I like your new name format...cute!

New Nurse at OTC

I went for my fill on yesterday. I really didn't think I'd get one since I'd lost 8lbs. since the 1st of April, but Elizabeth did give me a small one when I explained my increased hunger for the last week or so.

She was training a new nurse named Leslie!! She's scheduled to be trained by Inamed in June and after that, she'll be taking Elizabeth's place at the OTC. Malik said that would increase the OTC hours from part-time which is now every other day to full time, which will be everyday from 8:30 to 4:30, therefore, decreasing waiting time between appointments!!! That was good news. She also said at that time, we'll have to start calling scheduling for new appointments.

I still made two appointments for May and June to ensure my spots until the new change takes place.

So will we still have only one nurse or will there be two? You said taking elizabeth's place so that kinda confused me. LOL Not hard these days...I'm having a rough week of it guys..I think my weight loss has affected the way my bipap (sleep apnea) machine is effective and I'm not sleeping well. I'm struggling with my dr. to decrease my bipap pressure levels without doing a sleep study as they are expensive and I don't want to keep doing this every 50 lbs or so. He insists on a sleep study and that is just stupid to me. No sleep is horrible on the body and right now I'm functioning on zero sleep. I feel just like I did before I got my sleep apnea machine. I don't know why they can't just decrease the pressure and see if that helps without sending me for thousands of dollars worth of tests.

I went in to weigh today and ended up having to have a little Fluid taken out, while i was there i met the new nurse. She seems very nice, and like yall said we will now have more appointment times available. I hate the idea of losing Elizabeth though. She has been so wonderful to me and it is nice to have that comfort level when I need advice from her. I am sure Leslie, the new nurse, will be just as sweet and understanding.

ANYway while i was there weighing i started talking to malik about all the things i could no longer eat and she suggested i have a little fluid taken out because it sounded like i was too tight. She was right i have been pretty miserable lately and yesterday i was near tears because i just wanted to eat something so again yall remember you don't want to get too tight. That is 2 of my fills wasted on unfills to get back to a comfortable level. I guess we live and learn.. Take care!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Jeannie - so the cold oatmeal wasn't appetizing? hehehe

Girl - I'd have to get me a thermos or something!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm having a rough week of it guys..I think my weight loss has affected the way my bipap (sleep apnea) machine is effective and I'm not sleeping well.

Mia - I hope you get to sleeping better. It is awful not to be able to get enough sleep. When do you go back to see the doctor?

Jeannie - so the cold oatmeal wasn't appetizing? hehehe

Girl - I'd have to get me a thermos or something!

Leslie

That was officially the last straw for me. I was sitting at my desk literally choking that oatmeal down. I went on a rant with the people from maintance to clean the filthy microwave so i could atleast get a hot bowl of crappy oatmeal...haha!! We have got to get together for lunch next week since i can eat again. Call me and let me know what day is good for you.

Where is Elizabeth going? I sure hate that she is leaving. She is just the sweetest person. I am curious as to why their hours are going to increase, since they aren't really gaining a new person, just replacing Elizabeth?

I am sad that she is leaving:frown:

Where is Elizabeth going? I sure hate that she is leaving. She is just the sweetest person. I am curious as to why their hours are going to increase, since they aren't really gaining a new person, just replacing Elizabeth?

I am sad that she is leaving:frown:

Elizabeth now works at occupational therapy and the OTC. That's why the appointment schedule is mornings one day and after lunch the next, therefore making the OTC hours part-time. Leslie will work solely for the OTC, therefore, being available Mon-Thurs. from 8:30 til 4:30. This will increase availability for appoinments. Fridays will still be until noon and for unfills only.

And Elizabeth will work full-time with occupational therapy at the hospital.

Malik said the change won't take place until all of Leslie's training has been completed, which is sometime in June. She seems to be a real sweetheart, but I hate to see Elizabeth leave as well.

Edited by bamboobabe

Thanks Bamboobabe. I didn't even know the Elizabeth worked somewhere else. I will surely miss her but I'm sure Leslie will be just as nice.

Lost 11.3 pounds as of this past Wednesday. That's three weeks on the sugar busters diet and a week post-op. I was well pleased to say the least!!!

Now that I'm pretty much over the surgery, I seem to be hungry a lot. Was anyone else that way prior to their first fill? I seem to be eating more than I'm supposed to before I begin to feel full. I don't want to undo what I've lost already. Is this normal or should I contact the obesity center?