Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

OK . . . I have to ask . . . What is PBing? I know that it's spitting up, but what does PBing mean? :biggrin:

Can't wait to go weigh this Wednesday. I know that I've lost something, but how much!!!

OK . . . I have to ask . . . What is PBing? I know that it's spitting up, but what does PBing mean? :biggrin:

Can't wait to go weigh this Wednesday. I know that I've lost something, but how much!!!

PB stands for Productive Burp. It's just a band term for food coming back up.

Bagweaver, do you weigh at home? I admire people who don't, but it seems I am addicted to the scales since being banded. Most of the time, I weigh at least once a day. I know.....I can't help it! I tried going without the scales once and I last only a couple of days and then caved. I hate not knowing.

Georgia girl - you only weigh once a day, I wish! How about morning and bedtime. I'm totally addicted to the scale. I'm sure if someone hid it from me that I'd run right out to the store and buy another. I keep telling myself that I'm not going to get on it, but something just draws me to it. I just don't understand how people can go a week without weighing themselves. I'm as addicted to the scale as I am to lapbandtalk.

Georgia girl - you only weigh once a day, I wish! How about morning and bedtime. I'm totally addicted to the scale. I'm sure if someone hid it from me that I'd run right out to the store and buy another. I keep telling myself that I'm not going to get on it, but something just draws me to it. I just don't understand how people can go a week without weighing themselves. I'm as addicted to the scale as I am to lapbandtalk.

I do weigh at night sometimes too! I used to never weigh pre-band, mainly because I just didn't want to know, lol. I do not know what I would do without my scale now though.

Oh, and I spend all of my free time on this site. I am totally addicted!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I do weigh at night sometimes too! I used to never weigh pre-band, mainly because I just didn't want to know, lol. I do not know what I would do without my scale now though.

Oh, and I spend all of my free time on this site. I am totally addicted!

Diddo! I am also a scale addict. I weigh in the mornings, when I get home from work and before I go to bed. I literally had to dust my scale off before surgery because I put it away. For years every time I'd get on the # was moving up - BAD BAD BAD! I'd rather not face it.

Of course now if I'm up a pound or two I freak out and get a little angry then remind myself that I shouldn't weigh so much because I'm fluctuating right now.

Well, I did it - I now have a band! yay!

all went fine. They even got the IV in on the first stick. everyone was so nice, it was a fairly painless experience.

thanks for all the encourgement. I am now off to lortab land!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Erika - you'll have to let us know how you're doing in a couple of days. I'm so glad surgery went well for you!! I know how nervous you were. Take care, get plenty of rest and get to moving around when you are feeling up to it. Welcome to Bandland!!!!!

Well, I did it - I now have a band! yay!

all went fine. They even got the IV in on the first stick. everyone was so nice, it was a fairly painless experience.

thanks for all the encourgement. I am now off to lortab land!

YAY!! Congrats!! I'm so glad everything went well. Seems like you had a good experience, that's great. Get plenty of rest and take care. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Pamela

The first few nights after my substantial fill I had that acid thing in the back of my throat too. It did go away after a few nights though. I am not really sure what is going on with me. I am working out everyday and eating fairly good and the scale isn't moving. I am scared to get another fill because I have pb'd within the past few days and I just don't think I need more. I do notice that I am hungier sooner but I am really unsure as to weather I can handle more Fluid in the band right now. Sometimes I am SO tight and then other times I can eat pretty good amounts. My band is weird, some days I can eat bread, some days not. I haven't weighed yet this morning so maybe I will see the scale change. I don't have another fill appt until 05-08 so I'm just going to play it by ear. Any suggestions?

*Edit* Ok- I weighed and I *had* lost a pound. yay!

Edited by mia31771

Mia

Sorry you are having a rough time right now. Well, you are working out, so that is good. Are you eating Protein first, then veggies, then fruit or bread? Are you drinking enough Water? Are you drinking with meals?

Plateauing is pretty normal for me. Sometimes it lasts a week or two, it has lasted a month before. It can get pretty discouraging. I just got over a long one.

If you are doing everything right, you might want to try and change up your routine a little, it shocks the body and often restarts weight loss. Maybe have a really high calorie meal (just one day, then start up strong again with the right foods) and switch up your exercising. One of the trainers at the YMCA told me that if you do the same exercises everyday, your body gets accustomed to it and doesn't react anymore. So he said if you stop losing, do something different for a while.

Plateaus are always frustrating. You have done so well since your surgery. Just keep doing everything you can and it will pass sooner or later.

About the fill, I think you are right for waiting on that, especially if you sometimes PB. Just make sure you are chewing really well and eating slowly. If you have a daily snack, make sure you are eating a high Protein snack because it will stay with you longer. I found these South Beach Diet High Protein Cereal Bars and I really like them. They come in a variety pack with Peanut Butter, chocolate, and cinnamon raisin (my favorite- taste like a cinnamon roll). They stay with me for a while too.

Congrats on the pound!!! Yay!! Maybe that means you are over your plateau!!

I am sooo excited ya'll! My birthday was April 16th and my DH surprised me and told me he was going to get me a bodybugg! I have been wanting one for months but we just didn't have the money to get one. My parents gave me $100 for my birthday, so I am going to put that with some money we have been setting aside.

I am going to order it Friday! I just know it's going to take me to the next level in my weight loss. I know it will motivate me to move more and meet my daily criteria.

Mia;

I think Pamela's right on breaking the plateau. My trainer friend just recently gave me the same advice. So I've been alternating between the treadmill/elliptical and the scale is finally moving again. Not to mention, I've traded my low-fat fudge bars for sugar free popsicles.

I have an appt. tomorrow, but don't know if I really need a fill, I just think my choices haven't been that great. But I'm going to keep the appt. just to have my weight on record if nothing else.

Pamela;

Congrats on your weightloss. You are doing great! Forgive my ignorance, but what is a bodybugg?

Pamela;

Congrats on your weightloss. You are doing great! Forgive my ignorance, but what is a bodybugg?

Thank you, it's good to see some progress again.

Do you watch The Biggest Loser? It's the thing they wear on their arm. It basically monitors how many calories you burn per day and it also tracks food for you. Here's a link, it explains it much better than I could, lol.

24 Hour Fitness: 24 Hour Fitness Centers and Health Clubs

Pamela;

Thanks for the info. I checked it out and it's interesting. I've been using thedailyplate.com and it's been working pretty well so far, but I may give some serious consideration to trying this. Please let us know when you receive and how it works for you.