Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Wow - I guess I should count myself lucky that my preop stuff at Palmyra lasted maybe an hour or an hour and a half at the most. I know for a fact I didn't want long enough to finish a magazine! LOL!

Georgia Girl and Para Girl - glad you enjoyed your vacations and are back now!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi all..I'm back from Florida. The girls had a great time at the beach. I stayed mad the entire time - ended up sick!...well we went to the airshow on Saturday and I was fine, to the beach on Sunday - fine. Sunday night I got so sick. I've had an upset stomach for three days! I think I've lost 10 pounds on having no appetite and an upset stomach alone. I don't know if it is a virus or nerves about next week. I am to be banded next week. My allergies also flaired up - so I have been miserable. It makes me SO mad to be on Vacation and to be sick and not able to enjoy myself. My pre-op is in less than a week (April 8th). Can ya'll give me some insight on what to expect? I have to go to Dr. B first then Palymra. I am expecting paperwork and bloodwork...I'm thinking of bringing a book to read. Thanks!

Edited by Leslie2Lose

Leslie;

Sorry you had a rough vacation and hope you're feeling better now.

As for the pre-op process, mine was relatively simple. Went to Dr. B's at 1 o'clock, then to the Hospital for testing, was there for about an hour 15 minutes. I signed in, was called back, answered the questions, went back for blood work, x-ray, ekg, and then back up front to speak with nurse. They'll ask additional questions, allow you to ask, give you surgical instructions, the dos and dont's, a number to call for surgery time, ect. Guess I was one of the lucky ones because with everything, I was headed home by 2:30! Good luck to you!

Leslie, sorry your vacation ended with you being sick. You are right - that is so not fair! You deserve a do-over! :wink_smile:

As for the appointment, I was like Bamboo...mine was pretty simple and straight forward. I waited in the exam room at Dr. B's office and a bit Palmyra, but nothing too bad. Take a good book just in case! The magazine selection was pitiful!

Hey ladies,

I have been away from the site for a month. I was depressed that I was told that I had to wait until June to have my surgery. I am going to China in the begining of June. :huh2:

The only way I could deal with it was to stay away from the site. This site brings me so much hope for what the future can hold.:lol:

So I just had a follow up appointment with Dr. Williams at Emory, and I have another appointment with Dr. Davis tomorrow. I it is really hard to stick to a diet & exercise plan, when I know surgery is so far off.

To all the ladies that was looking for me. I am sorry.:tt2:

Edited by AtlSpeedy

Mia- How's the wedding plan's coming along! I thought about you last week while I was at my sister's beach wedding. I hope things are going well for you.

Hey Leslie, glad you are back. So sorry to hear you felt bad on vacation - that is a stinker!

As for pre-op, I am NOT the one to ask. I feel like a stupid, stupid woman, but to keep a long story short, let's just say my preop visit hit a snafu - all due to me. So I have to go back to do the hospital part. But, as far as the office part was concerned, everyone was very nice.

Mia- How's the wedding plan's coming along! I thought about you last week while I was at my sister's beach wedding. I hope things are going well for you.

slowly but surely coming along- I am going up to atlanta this weekend to go shopping for bustiers and girdles and whatnot- Got another fill today and saw Jeannie and bamboo babe while there!! I got 2 more cc's so now I have 7.5 (wow yeah i know) cc's in my 10 cc band! So far getting liquids down fine- lots of gurgling noises though so hopefully all is well.

Hope everyone is doing well!

slowly but surely coming along- I am going up to atlanta this weekend to go shopping for bustiers and girdles and whatnot- Got another fill today and saw Jeannie and bamboo babe while there!! I got 2 more cc's so now I have 7.5 (wow yeah i know) cc's in my 10 cc band! So far getting liquids down fine- lots of gurgling noises though so hopefully all is well.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Glad to hear the plans are going well! I think I need another fill too! I'm able to eat a lot here lately, even bread, so I know I am in need of one. My appt is not until April 24th so I am hoping to get someone's cancellation.

Can anyone tell me what is an acceptable level of carbs when doing sugarbusters? I don't have any problem cutting out sugar so far as sweets are concerned, and I am currently eating almost no carbs, but that is very hard, so I am wondering how many carb grams might be acceptable while trying to shrink the ole liver.....thanks in advance,

:smile:

Oneder Woman-

I printed out a list of acceptable foods on the sugar busters diet and ate only that. If I did eat bread I made sure it was 100% whole grain, but I did try to limit that amt. I ate baked sweet potatoes alot, I ate grilled chicken and steamed broccoli. I think if you will eat the foods on that list, you won't have to worry about the number of carbs you consume in a day if you do the foods with carbs in moderation. Just by me cutting out all sodas and all those refined sugars and carbs I lost 15lbs in two weeks- you can do it so keep your chin up, hope I've helped you.

Mia,

That is a help, thank you. I think this is residual WWatchers thinking - I don't know what to do if I don't have something to count! I have a list of fruits and veggies..... if you have a more complete list, do you have a link for that?

As for your wedding plans, have you been to Silver Lining? My one request of my matron of honor was to find me a place where I could try on wedding stuff and not feel the judging eyes of size twos. She found Silver Lining near Buckhead and those women were wonderful. You probably already have the dress, etc., but even in they don't stock all the foundation garments you need, they can probably give you a good idea where to look. Might save you some time and frustration.

Oneder Woman-

That is where I'm going is to The silver lining in buckhead!!! The lady I spoke to on the phone was very nice and I can't wait to see what they have. I got my dress in but I need something to lift the girls up properly and suck my gut in for me and I'm hoping they have what I need! I already have some Spanx and tummy control panties but I'd feel better with some type of bustier/body suit. Do a search on yahoo for 'sugar busters diet' and it will provide you with a list of foods- if I'm not mistaken Dr. Bagnato's office gave me a list of foods to eat on the sugar buster's diet- I still have it on my fridge as a matter of fact. There are food lists all over the internet for sugar busters, let me know if you can't find anything and when I get time I will send you a link.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Oneder Woman - About the Sugar Busters Diet. I have a copy of it saved on my computer from where Terri e-mailed it to me. If you want me to send you a copy send me your e-mail and I'll get it to you.

I bought a bra/corset at Silver Lining, and it was perfect - held in my upper stomach and kept the girls in place. I still wore an girdle type garment as well for the lower stomach (I always said I knew I was really fat when I developed two stomachs). It worked really well and I had a real waist - of course that was six years ago. Time flies!

I will do the search for the food lists. I also have all the materials they gave me at the assessment. I am sure I just need to look at that stuff more closely. Leslie, I will also send you my email - thanks for offering that!

I am 3+ weeks out, but I usually need some time to work myself into a 'diet' when there are certain things I cannot eat, so I went ahead and started sugarbusters in an effort to be PERFECT on it the two weeks before surgery. I am worried they will get in there and not be able to do it.

also, I have been reading other threads about complications, infections, etc. and generally freaking myself out today. I need to not do that!