Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Yes, I've been meaning to sit down and figure out a date.

I just checked out the calendar, what about March 13th (it's on a Thursday)? Let me know what you guys think.

Sounds good to me.

Okay, I'm not freaking out too much about my surgery on Wednesday, but I did re-read my info again last night and the idea of drinking has been freaking a bit. All of the "drink slowly" warnings together with the fear of dehydration - I don't know what to do! Tell me how you guys did with this. I usually fill a glass of Water in the morning and add a straw and I sip throughout the day. I tend to get all my water in this way. Can I still do this?

allykat,

It really all depends on how much swelling your stomach has after the surgery. Some people have no problem sipping after surgery. I must have had a lot of swelling because I could barely sip without having severe pain. You do have to be careful with dehydration. I was nauseated for a solid week after surgery, and I'm pretty sure it was due to dehydration. Terry told me to just take a small sip every 15 minutes. Hopefully you will be able to drink more than that, lol! I think it was at week 3, that I was able to drink "normal" with the exception of gulping, of course. If you are feeling a lot of pressure when drinking after surgery, just slow down and take small sips. You probably won't be able to get in the recommended 64oz. right away, you'll have to build up to it. Don't worry too much, it will all be okay. I hope this helps.

I wouldlike to be able to come to the meeting whenever it is set. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi Guys;

I had my first fill today and everything went great. It was a real pleasure meeting Malik and Elizabeth. I didn't feel as though I had any restriction, but Elizabeth checked and there was 1cc in my band. She added three more. I did fine on the swallow test and have felt o'kay. Just a little hungry because I really didn't eat anything today because I wasn't sure of what to expect. I'm gonna have a lowcarb slim-fast and see if that helps. How long were you guys on liquids after your fill?

Bamboo

I went in today too for a fill. Elizabeth asked me if I knew about this thread and said she had had a patient mention it earlier in the day. Aren't they both just great!! I had them put back the .5 cc they took out 2 weeks ago because my weight loss has stopped. HAng in there on the liquids it is worth it to make sure you don't get all swolen and aggrivated and have to have some taken out like I did. Just try solid foods very slowly and don't push your self too hard. I wish I had known you were going in today I would have tried to get in at the same time so we could put faces with screen names. Take care.

Pamela

I will be out of town on the 13th. Going to Saint Simons Island for another route inspection.... life is so tough :) But please don't feel obligated to post pone anything on my account. My life is so hectic right now that I could not ask any one to swap schedules for me because I likely wouldn't make it anyway.

Pamela

I will be out of town on the 13th. Going to Saint Simons Island for another route inspection.... life is so tough :) But please don't feel obligated to post pone anything on my account. My life is so hectic right now that I could not ask any one to swap schedules for me because I likely wouldn't make it anyway.

Are you out of town that whole week or just the 13th? Maybe we could try to meet on the 11th?

I'm just curious, are you a supervisor at the post office? My husband is a city carrier in Moultrie and has thought about getting into the supervisor part of it, but he just can't make up his mind. He's likes his route so he will more than like just stick with that. I actually took the test to work in the post office and scored really high on it a few years ago. No openings were available in this area though, then we decided I would stay at home with our son, so it worked out for the best.

Pamela

I am a 204b, your hubby will know what that is. It is a carrier that works in management also. I have been pretty much in a management position for the last 5 years, but i dont want to give up my route so i don't apply for any of the full time management jobs.

Your hubby's post master is working in our office for the next month, I really like Bobby. Tell your hubby he could not ask for a better guy to help him get into management.

I will be out of town the entire week of the 13th, a whole week on the beach with no teenagers. HOW NICE!!!!!!

Hello Everyone:

I am home and doing well. i had my surgery on Monday, feb 25th at 7:30 am. I really do not wanna do anything but sleep. Then i get tired of sleeping and i move to the desk chair then i get tired of sitting so i lie down. Then soon as I lie down, I realize that I have to pee due to all the liquids i have to drink and the Fluid i received during surgery. But all in all, I can't complain too much. i am alive and I am not in pain.

I was the biggest chicken in the world and cried from the time that my catherter was placed until i was induced. I think the surgery lasted 1. 5 hours (well that is what they say). I ended up leaving the hospital around 2o'clock. I was awake earlier but i was waiting on a coworker who was sweet enough to take me to and from the hospital.

I remember laying on my back with my eyes closed (1. because i was crying and then 2. they took my glasses and I hate looking at lights and people if they are blurred). They gave me something to relax me. It woorked, but I think it jsut made me cry in slow motion. :) They told me that they were going to give me a lil oxygen through a mask. then they were sneaky enough to add some anesthesia to this oxygen without telling me. (Those fantastic blessed people, i will love them for that forever). Next thing you know I was waking up in my recovery room.

I have the shocky thing on my arm set to 3. It was set to 4 in the hospital becaseu within 15 minutes of me being alert i heaved. Nothing produced, but i still heaved. It scared the sh*t outta me. Of course that made me cry and all I could do was mumble," I'm not supposed to throw up, I'm not supposed to throw up" repeatedly. She increased the shocky thing and gave me somethign in my IV and it worked wonders. The shocky thing is very mild..it feels like touching a refrigerator handle when you get "shocked" btu it does not hurt at all. I jsut keep touching stuff and retraacting my hand quickly becasue I think that something is shocking me. One of my freinds laughed at this and we bot agreed that as crazy as I am, I was headed toward shock therapy at some point in my life anyway. :)

Thank everyone for thier support. I really do think that this was a positive decision for me. I have no desire to be a rail thin supermodel...that is not why i did it. I so far have escaped high blood pressure and weight related diabetes, but i know that I was on my way to having them at some point. I will be smaller..hopefully.. and i will like that..but i want to be around long enough (and then some) to enjoy the wonderful freinds and family that I have in my life.

Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Hi Guys;

I had my first fill today and everything went great. It was a real pleasure meeting Malik and Elizabeth. I didn't feel as though I had any restriction, but Elizabeth checked and there was 1cc in my band. She added three more. I did fine on the swallow test and have felt o'kay. Just a little hungry because I really didn't eat anything today because I wasn't sure of what to expect. I'm gonna have a lowcarb slim-fast and see if that helps. How long were you guys on liquids after your fill?

Did it hurt bamboo? Did she numb you? For someone who hasn't had an awake fill yet- can you describe the process? I wanna know is it gonna hurt and can I ask to be numbed..

Brina-

I am SO glad that everything went well for you! I absolutely HATED that zappy wrist thing- Just hang in there though! Welcome to Band Land!

Brina, I'm so glad you are home and doing well! If you survived, I know I can do this tomorrow. I've had a ton of second thoughts in the last few days (do I really need to take this step? Could I try dieting one more time without WLS?). I know it is just nerves and I'll be fine.

What the heck is the wrist zappy thing? I don't think anyone has told me about that one!

One more question for anyone....like a big dummy, I forgot to bring the number with me today that I am supposed to call to find out the time of my surgery. Does anyone have that handy? I could go home and get it at lunch, but I was hoping to stay in town today and run errands during my lunch hour.