Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ummmm... I would definately take something! You should probably go at least once every 3 days I would think. I have had a slower pattern since surgery but it is still every other day or every day. Dont you feel miserable?

It's not unusual to go (or in this case, NOT go) a while after surgery, especially if you are on a liquid diet. Since there isn't much solid going in, it stands to reason there isn't much going out. Nine days seems a bit much, so I would start with some prune juice or whatever liquid might work for you.

After the post op diet, I take a couple of Fiber capsules every day. Check with your doctor, though; some advise against Fiber pills.

thanks for the responses- I dont feel that miserable but I am worried that when the time comes it might be painful. I am drinking tea with senna in it which is a stimulant laxative and so far nuthin. I think prune juice will be the next step!

Are you having no movements at all, or are you only having liquid movements?

Call your doctor and ask him 9 days is a long time imho - I had the opposite problem - but really call your doctor and ask him or her as the case may be

I've used Miralax (sp) twice since my banding. It's gentle, causes no pain or discomfort, completely dissolves in liquid and has no taste, and for me has worked within 6 hours after taking it. You may want to give it a try.

Restrict...I'm just noticing your ticker. I'm shocked you found a Dr willing to perform LapBand at only 168lbs and a BMI of 33. I'm not passing judgement...Just surprised...Did you have a hard time getting approved and why did you feel it necessary to have surgery? Feel free not to answer this personal question, but you've got me curious.

I lost some weight on my pre-op diet. I opted for the band because losing weight has been a constant struggle for me since I hit puberty at 9 years old!

While a BMI of 35 is not as unhealthy as a higher one, it certainly puts me at greater risk for comorbidites. Not to mention the discrimination (yes i am sensitive) that I hate to endure as a fat girl. One of the nurses at my doctor's office told me I shouldnt get the surgery- but after gaining more than 50 pounds AGAIN after what I thought was successful weight loss (kept it off for 6 years) I really thought I needed this extra tool to help me stay thin for life. Maybe some of you disagree.

I was self pay- sadly my insurance company has an exclusion criteria for WLS which scares me should something go wrong!

I did have some tylenol with codeine but very little and that was days ago. It is one of the weaker opiates but of course can still decrease GI motility.

Ironically I just finished reading this thinking I hadn't had a movement either (7 days post-op) when I had the urge. So now I can say it took me 7 days. And all was hunky dory... not painful.

Hope it all works out for you soon!

I have trouble with bm since my procedure. Its getting better now after 6 weeks. I have been taking milk of magnesia and some natural capsules to help.........

I have not been the same since I was banded it took me 10 days and I finally took some milk magnisisa, now I take it a least once a week sometimes twice because I just don't go anymore. :rolleyes2: