Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just came home fr surgery

hi guys just came hm from hospital. had surgery last night, i had to stay the night and glad i did because i was in pain..came home and was in pain and took meds, but the gases ive been reading about here its true. m wonderful nurse called me just to see how im doing and she said to walk around and i did and im feeling a little better. havent really eaten much but she says its ok for first day post op. Well going to take a nap...i dont regret it...i am on y way to being healthier. peace:huh2:

I was feeling really nausea yesterday but i feel alot better today. I even was able to drink some Water and Clear Liquids. Don't really have much gas though. I do however seem to not get comfortable in the bed and those ted stockings are so uncomfortable...but i won't complain too much because i made it through..Thank God! I am really on my way. i can even tell that my hands are shrinking and i can even actually wear my wedding ring now! Yea...take care everyone

Glad to hear everything went well Dazzle! The next few days are a bit tough, especially with the gas, but you'll get through it!

Thanks guys... i really appreciate the "love" here. I stopped taking the pain meds i cant handle being gasey and "out of it" too. Hey Tulips, how many days did it take you to start feeling normal again? And DawnWhite, my first name is Dawn. How's it been for you, we were both banded the same day.Write back

Congrats! Just remember to give yourself time to heal! I was banded on 1/9 and was feeling TONS better within a couple of days. The hardest part for me was getting up and down, I didn't want to strain my abdomen, but my hubby was nice enough to help me! After several days that was better too. Getting up and walking around (even just in the house) made a huge difference and remember to get your Protein in (in shakes), that will help keep your energy up!

I can't wait to hear more from you both!

Thanks guys... i really appreciate the "love" here. I stopped taking the pain meds i cant handle being gasey and "out of it" too. Hey Tulips, how many days did it take you to start feeling normal again?

I was banded on a Wednesday and I would say that Sunday was definitely a turning point in my recovery. I was not feeling "normal", but I was able to sit more comfortably and Saturday night I was able to sleep in my bed propped up with pillows as opposed to the recliner the first few nights. I also started walking more comfortably and had no problem going up and down the stairs. I think I also stopped the pain meds that day and the gas let up finally. I also had the appetite for full liquids.< /p>

My follow-up appointment was Thursday the week after and I finally got dressed and put on makeup and drove, which was great and made me feel more normal! I forgot what I looked like with my hair and makeup done! The rest of the week I kept feeling better and better.

Now, 2 weeks and 3 days post-op, almost all the tightness is gone in my stomach and my incisions are not sore any more, except for the port incision which is still tender. I am planning to get back to my exercising this coming week, which I'm excited about. I was exercising before surgery, and I kind of miss it (never thought I would say that!).

I'm just happy to be getting back to my routine, which I think makes you feel the most normal!

Hope your weekend wasn't too rough Dazzle and hope you're feeling better each day! Be well!

I am feeling better today. The gases are finally feeling better ughh so happy about that. I am a little fearful about drinking my Protein Shake because people tell me it gives them gas. I have been drinking Clear Liquids up to today. I will try the shake and hope for the best. I plan to go back to work on Tuesday so I must try to get back to normal as soon as possible. Hows the weight loss going girls? Let me know. I stepped on the scale this morning and it was down 6 lbs post op. So that alone put a smile on my face. Thanks for posting :cursing:

Good for you Dazzle..We are in the same boat...I am even back to work now girl! I am writting this message from work. I was banded on the 23rd..I came back on yesterday...It does help when you get up and get moving...Good luck to you.

Hey Dawn thas awesome. I chickened out today and called in... but tomw is the big day. feeling much better today.... went to the docs and gave me the ok to include soupy mash potatoes and yogourt and applesauce..so my diet is changing... im glad... how did it go at work today? are u still on liquids only? i still get gasey but its tolerable... i will let u know how my day went tomw... stay strong girl ... we can do it... oh doc said to have boost instead of slim fast, less gas and more protein... just your FYI..take care... Dazzle