Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band in Upstate NY...Dr. Kwon

I find that even after the surgery there are times when I " fall off the wagon", not as much as before though. It's all my MIND that's all..if my head wasn't addicted to food, than I would be okay!!!

I am sooo sorry that I missed support group tonight. I had so much running after work and then got caught up with a friend that I just got reunited with after FIFTEEN years! We went to high school together and he was on the computer as soon as I logged in..and well, you know how that goes! I got really wrapped up! I had to do my blood work for the endoscopy today. I am supose to go for that Wednesday. IF Port Jervis isn't still under water!! I am tired...and just couldn't get back outta the house once I was there. I did a lot better diet wise today. Didn't get out for that walk, but I cleaned the house like a mad woman. I will be at the next support group meeting...Its the same day that I am supose to meet the man behind the curtin DR KWON himself...whoohooww...so I am sure I would like to share that office visit with the group! I am gonna be off the wall I am sure! All righty, gotta get my boy to bed....back to routine! Once I have a good night sleep I am sure it will be nice. :cool: Talk to you all soon!

Hey everyone! I got my endoscopy done today by Dr Broady in Port Jervis! At Bon Secours...and it went sooooo very good! They didn't find anything to talk about during the scope...and they took the sample for that h pylori stuff....they will get back intouch with me if they need to. I called Dr Kwons office and spoke to MaryAnn (the insurance expert)...and asked if my paper work was submitted to GHI yet. It hasn't, but she is gonna work on that. She noticed that I lost the weight and I told her I have an appointment to see Dr Kwon (April 18th). She set me up with a TENTATIVE surgery date!! MAY 4TH.....NOW IM SCARED! Nervous, panicy,overjoyed...emotional....blah blah blah You have all been there. I can't believe this all came together sooo quickly! I guess I should tell my employer when I go to work tomorrow huh that I will be taking a week off.......I plan on a week. I have a somewhat easy job. Doesn't really require anything but patience. :cheeky Soo we will see what happens. I will request a week...and if I need more, I will take it...If I need less...I will be back. If this surgery is ANYTHING like today I will be back to work on Monday! Hey now...thats pushing it..........Its nice to lay on the couch and do nothing! Im looking forward to it.... Okay....thanks for listening. Talk to you all again soon!

Happy Monday everyone!! Just wondering how everyone is? I go to Dr. Kwon's later today and then will be able to eat mushies :banana . I am a little nervous that I will eat the wrong things and stop losing weight. Is this normal? Anyone have good suggestions for food to eat that are healthy and not too gross?? Like I said I am so scared of sabatoging this whole thing. Thanks..Wendy

Hey Wendy! Glad to hear your doing sooo good. I unfortunately don't have any mushy suggestiongs for you. Just wanted to touch base with ya. I FINALLY have a surgical date...May 4th...tenative....pending insurance approval. I went thru the endoscopy with flying colors.....thank god...can't wait to get to the other side! Mushy food...hummmm....how about...mash potatoes with chives??? I dunno here, just thinking......veggies mashed......carrots, sweet potatoe, cauliflower, brocolli...oatmeal??? cream of wheat?? tuna? ?? chicken salad? ?? with the chicken mashed to all hell? I dunno......lemme know what you find out. Interested in knowing.... The weight lose will stop for a little while while you transition....thats what I have heard was normal after the liquid phase. I have heard that once you kick your metabolisim in the other direction with the mushies, you will start to loose again....

All righty...gotta get back to work. I have started the shakes today...the carb solutions...I desided to do the two week pre op diet NOW....well, its only a week early...just to get my mind and taste buds in gear!!

All righty....goin back to work...talk to you all soon

Hi Everyone,

I live in Newburgh, NY, I am using Dr. Kwon too.

My date is April 21st. I would like to go to support meetings too.

If anyone lives near the Newburgh -Beacon Bridge let me, know...

I have no problem driving, I just thought it would be better to go with someone.

Thanks

Thanks porcin for you suggestions, mashed taters sound good ufortunately we are not allowed to have them. The diet is so strict. For lunch I had some tuna with lite mayo and green Beans and dinner an egg and green beans. So happy to hear you have a tentative date. I had GHI and once Mary Anne put in the paperwork they called me the next day to say I was approved. Welcome Jorjet. I am in Monroe so no help with carpooling here. But do go to the group at mauri's on mondays. The next one is the 18th. Good luck on your banding the 21st. We are all here to help each other. Take care y'all.

WHAT NO MASHED POTATOES.....OOOOHHH NOOOO. Oh well, I guess that makes sence.....high carbs.....duh...didnt think of that.....they do sound yummy....:)

Thanks for letting me know that GHI is quick to respond! Maryann said the same thing about them....I will letcha know whats going on!

Soooo excited!

I have GHI too and I was an overnight approval also . My fav mushie is refried Beans with a small bit of FF sour cream and some low fat cheddar cheese. yum oh try it .. also tuna , egg and I had a hard time with chicken salad at first. yogurt, cottage cheese,a jar of baby food ,applesauce . to name a few mushies

Hi,

I am going to Mauri's Meeting on 4/18, its my first meeting.....do you find them informative? I am hopefully getting banded on 4/21.....I too had to lose 10 pounds.....I just bought a new scale, looks like I only lost 5......I sure hope I can get the other 5 off by 4/19 which is my pre op date...

I hope to meet some of you at the meeting...

Hi Jorjet...Mauri's meeting is informative in the fact that you are there with other bandsters and pre bandsters. Hearing their experiences and their concerns/fears/words of encouragement is the only thing (to me) that's helpful. Mauri kinda sits in the background and shares her thoughts from time to time. I come across the bridge to go to support group. Car pooling is a wonderful idea...Just let me know if you're up to it.

Hi Jasper,

Thanks for the info, I am going to be in Middletown tomorrow late afternoon, so I will go to Mauri's right from there. I called her on Friday, she said the meeting was going to be held at the Orange Inn, because she has so many people.

I hope to meet you there...

Thanks,

Jorjet

Hey guys! I supose you are all at the support meeting. I was sooo on my way. I had a problem with my car..the exhaust system holder brackets broke and I didn't want to chance going all the way out to Goshen with my exhaust hanging by a thread...so I came home...BUMMER...Thats two support meetings in a row that I missed. I will make it up though.

I met Dr Kwon today! I was soo nervous but he really put me at ease! (He does have a sexy voice~~~wahoo) Anyway...we went over what was done and if anything else needed to be done on my part, as far as pre op stuff....he was surprized to see that everything was in order. I got the impression, and I could be wrong, that things typically don't go in the manor in which they did for me. Very smooth...I had a surgical date, and I didn't even meet him yet! Which was an awesome feeling...very proficient office staff...and that this was just ment to be!! He answered the few questions that I had....and he asked me if I understood the negative side effects of the band...slippage, and erosion....and what caused them.....and we are on our way to the OR.... I can't way...but I think you all know that all ready! Okay. I babbled long enough! I will talk to you all soon!

Hi Everyone,

I went to my first Mauri meeting last night, I was really impressed.....I was actually comfortable. I dreaded having to go where I didnt know anyone, but everyone was really friendly, and I look forward to future meetings.

Today I went for my pre op, and I am a go for Thursday.

I am scheduled for 7 am. and if everything goes well, I was told I can go home by 3:30 same day.....God I hope everything goes well.

This is my first time, in the hospital, since my kids were born 33 years ago.

It is also my first surgery ever...

I can do this....I know I can.....sighhhhhhhhhh