Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Decision made and surgery scheduled!

I've been a lurker around here for a couple of months while researching lapband, finding a surgeon and scheduling a consultation. Today was my first appt with Dr. Bagnato in Albany GA. I went in with my list of questions and concerns and came out 1 hour & 45 minutes later with my decision made to schedule surgery. My surgery is Jan 30th....only 1 week away. :smile: I had already started Sugar Busters last week (as instructed by Dr. Bagnato's nurse) in case I decided to have the surgery and was pleasantly surprised at the 5 lbs already lost! But- I never want to go thru the sugar and caffeine withdrawals again.....that was awful. :smile:

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hey" and introduce myself. I know I'll need support going thru this and hope to eventually be an encouragement to others coming here.

Kat

Hey Kat! I'm from Georgia too, and I also used Dr. Bagnato. Him and his entire staff is wonderful! Wow, your surgery is only a week away! Are you getting excited? I found that the sugar busters diet was very easy to follow. The sugar and caffeine withdrawals are the worst! My advice, keep them out of diet from now on, so you don't have to go through it again. All of us Albany Bansters have a thread in the local usa Georgia forum. Feel free to jump in and introduce yourself. Here's the link if you want to check it out. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f31/albany-ga-bandsters-speak-up-45625/

We're actually starting up a support group and we would love for you to join us. All the information is in the above link. It was nice to meet you and good luck to you!

Kat - One week! Sounds great. Hopefully you'll be as happy with your band as so many of us are. I was also banded by Dr. B. Really like him and his staff a lot. Do you live in Albany or somewhere close by? I'm over in Douglas. Keep us posted and let us know how things are going.

Kat, how on earth did you get lucky enough to go from your first consult to surgery date? Do you need psyc evals and such? It seems like such a long journey! How did you do it? Please, share your secrets!!:lol:

If you are self pay, at least with DR. B' it can be as little as two weeks (just long enough to go on the pre-op sugarbusters diet)..Thats exactly how mine was. I went in, saw him, and two weeks later, banded baby!

It is unreal the amount of hoops insurance makes ppl jump through sometimes. All depends on your provider and plan. Mine had a total WLS exclusion.