Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gruene Violets

Hi guys i've been so busy have not checked in much

this looks amazing. I have 1 pr of shorts and a few tank tops and no other clothes. I am going to take 100 before the trip from my tax money and get a few things to wear.

I got stuff for mom with my Walmart gift card so she owes me a swim suit so i should be ok.

I hope to get rid of this bloat before then after I get a fill or attitude adjustment if I can call it that

I am so excited and cant wait to get out of here!

Okay, since towels don't really travel well I think I will just bring each of ya'll a beach towel. That way they wont take up room in your luggage. K?

I'm getting really excited! Juan was just asking me yesterday when our trip was. I think he's excited for me to see ya'll since I talk about ya'll so much...

TracyKS - jeans are fine for everywhere. Everthing is super casual. But just FYI, it might be hot and humid. I live in shorts once May hits.

Yeah Haydee~

That makes a huge difference w/ the towels. I (and all the violet travelers) appreciate it that mucho! Yeah, I am excited. I am gonna buy a bather the week we leave! I want to quickly lose this 70 pounds, hahahaha:lol:. Anyway, thanks for the towels sweetie!

Haydee that is great!!!! Maybe the B & B has some though! Maybe not as many as we need, but less you have to bring!!

Thanks again!!

Jane

Oh I went to order the swimsuit in a larger size, no luck, it was out!! So I ordered a different one in two sizes and will just send one back.

This is me reading all those Water statistics:

"Blah blah blah blah... this may require getting out of the tube and walking across a shallow rock shelf" -- here I think how lovely I'll look trying to gracefully get OUT of the tube and lug it across a "rock shelf" ha ha ha! -- "... blah blah blah" "manly men..." -- oh goodie! manly men will be there, too!

I'm such a spaz!

This is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!

It's funny, I can't understand why you're afraid of tubing!!!!

Have you never done it or seen it up close to realize how nothing it is?

I am trying to understand from a roller coaster perspective. You literally couldn't pay me (and people have tried) to get on one. Not happening in this life time, ever. So I understand being scared, but my reasoning isn't just.. cart crashing and I die, but the height factor. I hate being up in the air (and thus hate flying too!!).

But I've never heard of someone dying from tubing!! Kayaking.. and those big paddle tubes in the Ocoee on DANGEROUS waters.

But those are apples & oranges. Kayaks are made to go on ROUGH Water. And when you're in the tube, in the first pic Terry posted, it feels like nothing really, the tube just moves forward on the current!

I did kayaking on the ocoee when I was like 14, and I fell out during rough waters --- see these waters, this is where people 'can' die.. not that they will, but you 'can'.

http://www.ocoeeinn.com/Image/Photos/raft4.jpg

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/resources/repository/smileys.jpg

Etc.

So when I fell out, the kayaka and paddle immediately went a million miles from me, and the current was so fast, it slammed me into a rock. For those, they teach you to go feet first (and good for me for remembering). Only time I've ever broken a bone, I broke 2 toes from the rock I slammed into. Then I went into shock when they dragged me onto shore, and there was a SNAKE! I would still do it again, it was extremely fun up until that part. But tubing is nothing nothing nothing like this!! Tubing is just floating around and chillin' :)

Okay, since towels don't really travel well I think I will just bring each of ya'll a beach towel. That way they wont take up room in your luggage. K?
DUH!! Why didn't I think of that??! I've got at least 5-6 beach towels!! I'll bring mine, too. What a dummy.
Tubing is just floating around and chillin' :)
I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I've got chillin' down to a fine science!

OH man I am sooooooooooooo there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1st picture or all!!!! this is SOOOOOOOOOOO UP MY ALLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not telling DH cause he'd just be even more jealous!!!!!! I am going to get one of those disposable waterproof cameras to take along to catch Tracy in the act of busting her butt!

I KNOW I will be... but I do not care!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Oh and thanks for the offer of a beach towel.......... I am SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! and yes... toobin can be as mellow as laying back and slowly bouncing of the sides of the river..... are we bringing a cooler to tie onto one of us???

Beach towels will be super. Besides, until about 3 months ago, beach towels were the only towels that would wrap around my whole body!! Hah hah, gosh I hate being obese.

Wooo hooooo!! I'm back to just a carry on! Thanks for offering the beach towels.

Michelle.. I laughed out loud at your post... that's exactly how I was reading that Water statistics post, complete with the blah, blah, blah!!! You and I are definitely clones!!!

Sooooooooooooo I have my Advance Directive and Power of Attorney papers ready. Not that I'm worried about tubing or anything.... ummmmm would there happen to be like really good looking older lifeguards patroling the tubers??? (tubers???we sound like vegetables!)

I figure if I can go parasailing in June I can go tubing in May. Help me, Jesus!!!!!

Laura - You hated being obese. I'm pretty sure you're normal now. Maybe not by the charts but to everyone else you look perfectly normal now.

We usually take a cooler with us but we usually do the 6-8 hr ride. I don't know if it's worth us hauling a cooler for a two hour ride? What do ya'll think?

Judy, this is a piece of cake compared to parasailing! There's always lots of kids in the Water too, if they can do it so can you!

Oh and thanks for the offer of a beach towel.......... I am SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! and yes... toobin can be as mellow as laying back and slowly bouncing of the sides of the river..... are we bringing a cooler to tie onto one of us???
ABSOLUTELY!! The river companies have special toobs you can rent that have the ice chest in them already. No way you can float w/o an ice chest!! I'm just trying to figure out how to float without BEER!?! Having a hard time wrapping my head around toobin' with .... Cosmopolitans?! LOL
Sooooooooooooo I have my Advance Directive and Power of Attorney papers ready. Not that I'm worried about tubing or anything.... ummmmm would there happen to be like really good looking older lifeguards patroling the tubers??? (tubers???we sound like vegetables!)

I figure if I can go parasailing in June I can go tubing in May. Help me, Jesus!!!!!

This is seriously cracking me up! Comparing parasailing to toobing on the Guadalupe River!!! LOL :glare::lol::Dancing_biggrin::lol: Don't I wish!! Toobing is safer than riding your bicycle, I'm sure! Not to mention a motorcycle, KAT!!

Edited by TerriDoodle