Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gruene Violets

jane, i'll have to have you look at my hair and give me a suggestion on what to do with it. i've had the same do since 6th grade! i feel like since my hair is super curly like i can't do anything with it! you tell me...

I want super curly hair. I use to beg my mom for a perm growing up.

Haydee's hair is GORGEOUS! Don't do anything!!!

thanks terry! but it always happens, you always want what you don't have. my middle sister had super straight, fine hair and she begged my mom for a perm at the age of 12. She got perms until the age of 23 when she finally was able to make peace with her beautiful straight hair. In my house there are three of us girls, three sisters. i have super curly, kinky hair. the middle child, Claudia, has super straight, thin hair. The youngest, erika, got the best hair. It's super thick and she can do a quick thing with the straight Iron and it's nice and straight or she can blow dry it with the diffuser and it's wavy and curly. we hate her. :rolleyes:

Haydee's hair is GORGEOUS! Don't do anything!!!

I second this.

:)9 Days Til The Violet Bandiversary Bash!!:)

As of Wednesday, we are officially in single digits!!!!!!!

Hi guys

just seems like so much to do before our trip. ds had an epsode last night so it has been a long day, but so glad he did it while I'm here - mom freaks when he does it

still waiting for my money so i can finish up packing, I still need a couple things.

anway...i'm so excited to go on our trip, but i'm already so excited to get home to my kids, I've never left ds but so looking forward to being in SA

dd has her first boyfriend, it is so stinkng cute..

anyway... night all

I had good hair once.....it was nice, and blonde, and straight enough to do things with, without tons of frizzy short pieces.

Then come chemo---my hair grew back darker, courser, and curly underneath, and straight on top---not a good combination!

And if that was not bad enough, I lost a good half of what I had when I was banded---so it has half assed grown back, and remains thin.

The kicker??? Yep it gets worse!! I have 2 scars on the front, top of my head, and no hair grows on the scars---so occasionally if blown just right I have bald spots!!! Nothing can be done about it, so...I deal with it, mostly by ignoring it!!

I likely would complain about the lack of hair, except, while it grows extremely slow---so does all of it. I shave my legs maybe 4 times a year---whether they need it or not!!! Same with my arm pits!! And let's just say bikini line (if I ever dared to show it) would not be an issue either.

I don't miss the stubble or the shaving----so I try to look at that as the silver lining, and deal with the rest!!!

Kat

I don't have much of a silver lining!!

When I was younger my hair was ridiculously thick, and GORGEOUS!! I couldn't even get a stretchy pony tail holder around it one time, I had to use the elastic headbands to hold it.

Now.. I have no idea what happened. Around 17, I started losing hair. I had complete bald spots at 20, in the back of my head. I think it's growing back, but I still shed an aweful lot. I doubt I'll ever have that thick hair back, and I don't know what happened, except genetics. I have an aunt who is 32 and 90% bald.. I guess I'd go to a wig at that point :)

The rest of my body hair is all blonde, that's pretty much the only good thing. But I still have to shave my legs frequently. If I shave them, the next day I have stubble already.

I was just at wallyworld and bought Shampoo, conditioner(aussie smooth), travel size lotion, bar of dove soap, travel toothpaste. I am not messing around with th small travel size containers, I'm packing it all. So ROOMIE... if you want to use any of this you are more than welcome.

I bought new sunglasses too, they are soooooo cute. The bathing suit is still a work in progress, I'm going to go to target when dd gets home. DS and I have been on an adventure all day, I need a little alone time to try it on

:frown:8 Days Til The Violet Bandiversary Bash!!:tt2:

Ok Violets.. help me out here. Should I just do a carry on and not worry about checked luggage and baggage claims or do I just do a checked bag and not worry about meds and bottles and not being able to pack extra in a carry on???

I can't pack light even if I try, so I am bringing a checked bag.

Judy~ my 2 cents...Between Haydee and Janie and Jenn, we will have enough Shampoo, conditioner, and sunscreen. I am making sure I have all meds in the right bottle, bringing a small Oil of Olay...and jumping on the plane! My point is, that if I were you, I'd do a carryon...it is SOOOO much easier to have your bag w/ you. Susanne last year flew to South Carolina and her bag didn't show up until the next morning!!!Well, we wont be near the airport the next morning (or even shortly after you arrive).

For me, it is just easier.

I am only bringing clothes for a few days. Everything I need will be waiting for me in Gruene!

xoxo

Judy-I agree with Pammie....and if there is anything else you need/want just let me know and I will have it when I pick you up. Carry on will be alot easier for you!

I was trying to do a small carry on, did not work so if you woud like me to bring anything... say the word, but i think i have enough supplies for a month. LOL