Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gruene Violets

lol...no, I didn't write that! Arent you familiar with the song? I'll have to sing it for you when I see you...you'll remember the tune.

:grouphug: Awww shucks...you gonna sing to me?! :(:lol: :frown3:

(I can't recall the tune..I am wrecking my brain to figure it out)

You can carry on a lap top. You just need to put it out on the security scan thingy. If you bring your laptop, can I pop on and check my Walden email?

Absolutely you can check your mail.

I am almost 100% sure I'm going to bring it - just for the movie, check my mail friday and when we get back to the hotel before i travel home, new job stuff

No!

No work e-mails!

No, No, No!!

AND... since we'll all be together... there'll be no need to check LBT either!! tee hee!

:grouphug: Awww shucks...you gonna sing to me?! :(:lol: :frown3:

(I can't recall the tune..I am wrecking my brain to figure it out)

Being an elderly person, I remember the tune vividly. It is from the musical Bye Bye Birdie and it is sung by Ann Margaret. Loved the movie with Paul Lynde and Janet Leigh... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh the good old days...

Bye Bye Birdie (1963)

No!

No work e-mails!

No, No, No!!

AND... since we'll all be together... there'll be no need to check LBT either!! tee hee!

I wish! I MUST check emails at least every 48 hours, as per my Walden contract. Other than checking emails (students will know I am gone), no work, no puters, only fun!!!

I wonder if the site will crash w/out all the violet posts???

Our school is putting on the play Bye Bye Birdie this week! I am going to try to go, but it is not lookin good. I get my fill (finally) on Thursday which is opening day.

I will only need to check, it depends on when I start my job, but it looks like I'll be doing part time stuff this week, either email or work phone? and since brand new ... ya know

but no work on sat or sun, and friday is travel day so will probably forward my mail to my aol account I can check on the phone

this is all play.... promise

Jenn,

I would like to make a suggestion to you. When you get to your gate, let one of the clerks at the desk know that you have an intense fear of flying...and any suggestions or assistance they can provide would be very welcome. They are trained to help in such instances and might be very helpful to you... might switch your seat to the front part of the plane so they can keep an eye on you, check on you frequently, provide you with all the booze you need, etc.... LOL

Are you planning to take any medication to help calm your nerves?

Oh, and yes, you can get into serious trouble for drinking too much if

it causes a disturbance to other passengers. So....please be careful about drinking...and especially don't do so if you're going to take any medication as well. I don't want to have to bail you out of jail!!!

Remember Lunasa?? It happened to her! Please be careful.

Terry

thank you for that suggestion. I only plan on taking anti nausea stuff, anything for nerves would probably land me in jail or in the hospital, they might think I'm dying.

As for drink, I'm a happy drunk, give me a movie, a drink and some headphones, and i'm good to go. Maybe my ipod and a drink, but nothing that I can't function, My flights are not horribly long, 5 hr travel with 1 hr layover so I'll need to get myself to another plane.

Maybe a drink in the airport so I actually get on the plane would be nice. Only kidding, I'll be there, but no jail... PROMISE

I learned 2 things from that Bye Bye Birdie video...

#1 Ann-Margaret has been beautiful her entire life!!

#2 Maureen Stapleton has always been OLD!!

Thanks Judy!!

No, Pam... I don't think the site will crash w/us gone... I think that it will run FASTER! But then when we return and post all our pics... THEN it will crash! :(

Terry... great advice to Jenn re: the flying. Jen... try as little alcohol as possible... you just never know... have you guys ever seen that "reality" show on some cable station (tlc??) about airports & all the craziness that goes on?? It's a hoot to watch on a rainy day... haven't seen it in AGES... maybe it's not even on any more... I can't remember what it was called... but it seemed like every time I caught it, there was some alcohol-induced incident that = someone not boarding or being hauled off to airport jail or some such thing... one time a guy had his "invisible" wife w/him... too funny!!

Good afternoon, Violets...

Just back from Walmart and got my Water shoes. I picked up a few shirts on sale too. And of course had to have a Michigan shirt to wear when we're tubing. Got some new comfy sandals to wear and I have most everything packed in my carry on. I'm bringing two skorts and a pair of capris, tops, undies and pjs. Of course a bathing suit goes in there too. Any other clothes items you can think of that I forgot??

I made a list of all the other stuff I need.... camera, meds, sungalsses, cell phone Crystal light...

This is gonna be one heck of a weekend!!!

I am bringing my laptop, because I want somebody to show me how to post pictures?!?!?

So, would someone like to voluteer???

Thanks!!!