Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gruene Violets

Wellllll I am sure we will all have some photos to share, and some of us might have some for "sale"!!!

To say we are excited is a bit of an understatement!!

Kat

............ are we doing the Water taxi thing on the river walk????? it looks way cool!
I think it's kinda lame...but you can do it if you want to!

Can I have a show of hands?? San Antonio is very rich in history... we could take driving and/or walking tours to see the missions and old neighborhoods. The Alamo is easy 'cause it's right on the river, so that's a given. But who would like to see the history stuff beyond the Alamo on Sunday afternoon?? And who would rather just stroll the river, eat, drink and shop? Keep in mind that it is Sunday...i'm not sure that everything will be open. It would be no problem for us to split up into groups if we have varied interests on Sunday afternoon. We'll just meet up somewhere at like 6:00...have a drink and dinner on the river, then those who want to do the Ghost Tour can go do that while the rest of us chill.

As for me, I'd like to do the history thing. I've been to SA many, many times and have never seen the missions (other than Alamo)! Here's the Trip Advisor list of things to do. Very helpful.

Wellllll I am sure we will all have some photos to share, and some of us might have some for "sale"!!!
:thumbs_down::lol::cursing::lol::cursing::lol:

I'm easy......... and elderly. Just point my walker in the right direction and I'm up for anything. A year ago I would have said... not much walking, please. But this year, anything goes. Well, almost anything.. :thumbs_down:

I personally am not as interested in the historical tours--did one years ago.

What I would be really interested in, but as you say---not sure about it being open on Sunday is the old Mercado---I have heard lots of people say I should have went there!!! I understand it is affordable where many of the River Walk stores are not. I will go look at the Trip Advisor and see if it still exists, and if it says it is open on Sunday.

I too will do whatever, but would probably choose, the chill and shop route to an organized historical tour. I do that EVERYWHERE I go with my history buff DH!! Wonder if he really likes it that much, or likes keeping me out of the shops that much.....hmmmmmmm

Kat

I don't know??? I can do either, but I am really a chill out kinda girl. I like shops, but not malls...and not clothes shopping, more artsey (sp) stuff. I can go either way. When are we getting tattoos?? KIDDING! (or am i)

I looked at the site, it says the Mercado is still there, and there is apparently a trolley between in and the Riverwalk---supposed to be lots of small vendor type things, selling pottery, leather goods---and as one reveiwer put it-----all the things no one needs!!!

But I can just as easily cruise the shops I cannot afford!!! I can wish with the best of 'em!!!!

Or I can find me a table with an umbrella, a margarita, and watch people----I find that highly entertaining!!!

Tracy---if you want to do a Water tour or water taxi---I'll go with you---you don't have to worry about being alone, and fighting off all those men!!

Kat

LOL.. yeah RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a plop my ass down on a boat and listen to the guy talk for 60 minutes kind of gal! LOL

I'm a chillin kind of person.......... I'm just so excited... whoohooo!

I bought a waterproof camera today at lunch for the toooobin

oh, we are definitely doing the Mercado....that's where Mi Tierra is... THE home of Tex-Mex!!! YUM!!!

Hey Violetas~

I have a logistics question??? I get in at like 2ish, and Judy a short bit later. Tracy is our "driver" pick up gal. My question is...where do we all meet? Is there a fountain or certain landmark in SA airport? How will we know where to go. I mean, if there is afountain say, I can ask anybody, "hey, where is the fountain?" Or are our drivers picking us up at the gate when we deplane? Just wondering, especially since I don't really know anyone. Oddly, I think I could pick all the violets out of a line-up (which is a topic for another post, lol) but in a crowded airport...maybe it will be harder.

Anyone been to SAT??? Any ideas?

I am not really a history type person myself but will go with the flow. My dad tortured us as small children. LOL

Anyway

I get in on Thursday night and I'm staying here:

SAN ANTONIO- INT`L AIRPORT

Holiday Inn Select

77 N. E. LOOP 410

SAN ANTONIO, TX 78216

1-210-3499900

I can't really think right now my head hurts

Hey Violetas~

I have a logistics question??? I get in at like 2ish, and Judy a short bit later. Tracy is our "driver" pick up gal. My question is...where do we all meet? Is there a fountain or certain landmark in SA airport? How will we know where to go. I mean, if there is afountain say, I can ask anybody, "hey, where is the fountain?" Or are our drivers picking us up at the gate when we deplane? Just wondering, especially since I don't really know anyone. Oddly, I think I could pick all the violets out of a line-up (which is a topic for another post, lol) but in a crowded airport...maybe it will be harder.

Anyone been to SAT??? Any ideas?

Pamela-you are a HOOT!:angry: If there is a fountain I hope it a margarita fountain! lol

I do not really know what would be best...part of me wants to be in the lane to grab you ladies and haul butt....the other part of me wants to park and go in and wait for ya'll with a really huge embarassing looking "WELCOME VIOLETS" sign.:crying:

I think originally something was said about our drivers waiting in an area we can call their cell phones when all of the group arrives....and then they swing by the pick up line and we go......I don't know about that though.

I think in our group, Laura lands first, and then Michelle and I within mere minutes of one another on different planes, but same airline, so they should be fairly close. I know at most airports all of one airline is in one section....and we are both flying continental.

And we are all 3 flying into Houston.....

When I went to get banded, was the first time ever I stepped off a plane and was met by a man holding a sign with mine and my SIL's names on it!!! I felt like royalty!! Violets sign seems more fun!!

GOOD question---Pamela-----REALLY good question!!! I get lost easily!

Kat

Ok, well...considering your 'driver' will not be able to get past security without a boarding pass, the only place where she can meet you (logically) is in the baggage claim area. So I would suggest that the drivers just show up at the last minute, grab the crew in the passenger pick-up area and GO. Parking is always a bitch at any airport, especially IAH!

As for who meets who where WITHIN security...that's what your cell phones are for!

But for instance, the IAH group.... Laura gets in at 8:00a. She goes down to baggage claim and grabs her suitcase if she's checking. Finds a place to hang out for an hour+ ....Michelle and Kat arrive soon after that, call Laura and tell her where they are. Otherwise just meet at passenger car pickup right outside of baggage claim and call Haydee to say they've arrived. YOU HAVE TO ALL MAKE SURE YOU MEET UP IN THE SAME TERMINAL! IAH has *FIVE* terminals! There are trains that connect them if you have to move from one to the other. You should be able to find out from your airline which terminal your flight will go into...they're almost always the same one. I.e., most continental flights go into Term C. Most American goes into Term B, etc.

Pam you get in an hour+ before Judy....so it's between you and TracyK if you want to meet and wait together...but I don't really suggest that. The hassle of parking and finding a place to meet may not be worth it. Pam could just find out what gate Judy's flight gets into and go wait for her to de-plane! :-) SAT is much, much smaller than IAH so won't be an issue. The only thing is luggage. If you have to go claim your bag, you won't be able to get back thru security with it to go meet her at the gate. Y'see?

My group all gets in pretty close together at SAT...so I plan on just swooping into passenger pickup at about 11:30a, picking up and GO.

NOW, the BIG variable is whether or not everyone's planes get in on time like they are supposed to. That would be a freakin' miracle of miracles!!! (Judy, this is where your prayin' skills might come in handy!)

Bottom line is that it's going to be very important that everyone has everyone's cell phone numbers programmed, phones turned on and charged up good!! What did we ever do without cell phones???

:rolleyes2:21 Days Til The Violet Bandiversary Bash!!:cry_smile:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm wonder what I'll be doing... ................three weeks from today!!!!!!!!!

I checked my ticket, it does not say anything about what terminal-----so will call to find out, so we can plan on hanging out til we both land Michelle, then we will hunt down Laura----and see if we can actually find her!!! LOL Hope your sense of direction in those places is better than mine!

Kat