Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gruene Violets

Lets see 4 weeks from tonight I will be washing clothes and packing of course at the last minute, and then be paranoid about oversleeping!!! So then I won't be able to sleep because I will be afraid I will oversleep and miss my plane!!

When I had my surgery which was a year ago today I was afraid I was going to oversleep, so I figured I would be sleeping most of the day anyways so it didn't matter!!

I am rambling sorry!!!

Jane

4 weeks from right now we'll be sittin' on the patio with our 'drink of choice' and yakkin' a mile a minute! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!

Doh! Just popped in to see if we were there yet. Due to me trying to squeeze a lot out of my paychecks, I'm suddenly super glad I already bought the plane ticket & paid terry!!

I am curious to see who is wearing bathing suits versus shorts while tubing or swimming? Dumb question, I know.:cry_smile:

Y'know....that reminds me....I don't even know if I have a swimsuit that fits!? I'll probably wear a swimsuit....but I am concerned about getting too much sun on my chest and shoulders. I probably should wear a t-shirt.

I think that we can opt for a 2 hour or 4 hour float.... so we need to be thinking about that, too. Of course, those that want to get out after 2 hours certainly can and the rest can go on. It's usually a spur-of-the-moment decision. You just decide if you've had enough or want to keep floatin'. I can tell you from experience that 4 hours is a long time to be wet!! I'm usually good after 2.... but I never know 'til I get there!

***IMPORTANT***

Do NOT forget to bring river shoes of some sort!! You can wear tennis shoes, pool shoes or river sandals...anything that fits securely and has a good gripping rubber bottom. These are essential.

The weather will be HOT, I can guarantee that. Bring very casual clothes...linen and cotton...shorts and capri's, light and loose tops. I can't imagine where we would go where we need to be 'dressed up' at all! Even at night it will be warm.

The Gruene Dance Hall is NOT air conditioned... FYI.

Edited by TerriDoodle

Thanks for the heads up, Terry. I plan on bringing skorts and lightweight tops. I still have a hard time wearing anything sleeveless. I never did in my life until last summer. Maybe I'l have the courage this summer again. I think the 2 hour tubing would be fine for this old lady. And I'll use a swimsuit and tee shirt on top. I burn really easily so I'll be slathered up with sunscreen.

Can't wait!!!!

I don't do sun well. I'll have sun screen on (can I borrow or buy some there...don't want to deal w/ it being under 3 oz), hat, etc. I am only good for 2 hours...figure there are other things to see. Also, I am not 100% on tubing...may want to spend 2 hours doing something else. I'll bring the shoes + in case though. Can't wait! Oh yea, I am from the desert! Short are ARE dressed up!

xoxoxox

I'm with you on the 2 hour max, Pam.

However, if there are others who don't want to do the tubing and would rather do something else, I'm game for that too. Any idea on who is going tubing and who isn't?? I guess you'd call me Bi, right Roomie???:biggrin::tt2::tongue:

I am most definitely going tubing. If I were you, I'd hold off on committing one way or the other until you get there. For one thing the river is so nice and cool....it's a great way to spend a summer morning. The other thing is that it's so beautiful and relaxing!! So I'd plan on going for sure...if you change your mind once you get there, fine. But don't rule it out now!

Haydee - you'll back me up here, right?? She knows!!

I am 150% tubing!!!

And I am wearing a tankini. Ho hum. Yeah, even when I was 333lbs I wore a tankini, so I'm not gonna stop now. Although, I have more self esteem issues now than I did before! My flabby arms drive me nuts, I hate them.

I went to Walmart last night to get some stuff for the gym.. been wearing size 4-5x pajamas that I wear around the house for lack of anything else to wear, and everyone likes to comment on how horrible it looks. So I found some extremely cute short-shorts, knee-length drawstring pants, and t-shirts, all for $5 each! Dick's sporting goods was $40 for ONE PAIR OF SHORTS, I had to bail on that place. And I got size 15/17 Junior XL and everything fits. So excited. You'll get to see me lounging in clothes that fit now, most people see me in the 4-5x stuff hehe.

I'm definitely toobin', but am thinking that 2 hrs will be good for me.

I'm wearing my Speedo 1-piece suit w/shorts over + pool shoes... oooh, what a look! :biggrin:

My legs are shot now, even w/the wt loss, so it'll be skirts & capris for me.

I'll bring extra Shampoo & sun lotion... I'm checking my bag... nonstop flight...

I need to get some new pj's... I'm like Laura... still wearing my 26/28s w/drawstrings... waaaaaaay too big, but comfy!

I was just chasing the cat and I tripped and fell forward (at a run) and smashed my right shoulder & then right cheek bone (as in cheek on my face) into the back of one of the dining room chairs, & then I fell like a tree onto the floor. The whole house shook. Ow. I hope I don't get a black eye!

I want a 'rita... N-O-W!!!