Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gruene Violets

Oh and Jenn, I'm slightly disappointed lol. I didn't know you weren't from there, but I ADORE the northern accents. My best friend is from Boston, she can't say my name lol. Sounds like a hairball.

All the customers I have up in NY I am going to see, have that fast-talking hard northern accent. Reminds me of something, COVER YOUR EYES MICHELLE!!

Co-worker was saying yesterday that Chris Daughtry & Bon Jovi are playing in Atlanta soon together, she says "That's a TT concert". I said what's a TT?? Hahahaha.. I died.. she said "Tooter twitchin". ROFLMAO.

So anyway, the northern accents are TT accents! mwhaha.

Actually - I was born in Burbank CA and lived there until I was 4 then we moved here, and from that time until I was 14, I use to spend vacations and holidays with my family from Columbia SC and that way. My fav cousin is the one who moved up here and lives by the city. My roots are southern and that is where I am the happiest... my 5 year plan. When dd is out of high school we will be moving. Or, I'll hit the lottery and have a house in both places. LOL

Yeah, I've visited a lot of places, lived in Atlanta, Albuquerque and Nashville.. But I always knew, when I wanted to 'settle down' I wanted to be where I am. It's a great city, great schools, great people. ABQ was the worst crime I've ever seen, so big cities are definitely out for me to have kids in.

So here I am.

My old job I was part of "inside sales" and I talked to reps all around the us........ I would get asked ALL THE TIME if I was from down south.... I would laugh and say... no .. it's just my Kansas Twang!

Haydee: Yes when I was a kid we lived in an old farmhouse and I KNOW it was haunted... and is the reason why to this day I have to sleep with a cover on..... my sis and I shared a bedroom that was a converted attic, at night I would wake up to find 3-5 figures around my bed .... tucking me in.... they were just white figures kind of like static on a tv, I was never scared in that they weren't hurting me but I always covered my face... sometimes I would wake up and they would be around my sisters bed the same way.

I would never be in my room alone either....... I did tell my parents about it and they just told me there was no such things as ghosts........

This stuff is sooo true. It happened to my step sister. Earth bound souls are everywhere. We can't all go to heaven, it would get too crowded!

My Southern Grandpa called people Sugah a lot---but me? From day one til the day he died I was "Honeychild".

Laura, ABQ has one of the highest crime rate per capita nation wide! But let's lay low on that or Rick will get his panties in a ruffle again!!!

I experienced ghostly activity at my Aunts house---but never anywhere else...

Kat

OK...who has an accent? All these Southern Belles...my money is on Laura! Anyone else have that sexy southern drawl.

My family is from the south. My dad still speaks w/ some Carolina twang. And when she was alive, my grandmother and I would chat (drink cocktails and smoke ciggys together...aaahhh the good 'ol days), anyway, after being w/ her, I'd have a drawl for a week. I think in a former life I was a southern woman!!! Anyway...just thought I'd ask.

I, of course, talk like a Valley Girl (totally dude)...just kidding. I do say 'dude' from time to time!

LOL

I can pour it on or turn it off....as you like!! Kinda like Haydee I tend to exaggerate mine around "ferners". I've lived here all my life and am a 4th generation Texan....so yeah, I might have a little accent....but not too terribly obnoxious! I say "Wudjew do to yur arm?" :rolleyes2:
There's some people I know who call everyone 'doll' or 'sweetie', etc. I guess because growing up when a waitress ever called my mom something like that, she would get disgusted and talk about how rude it was.. so I never picked up on it lol.
Your mother would hate my guts!!!
Haydee: Yes when I was a kid we lived in an old farmhouse and I KNOW it was haunted... and is the reason why to this day I have to sleep with a cover on..... my sis and I shared a bedroom that was a converted attic, at night I would wake up to find 3-5 figures around my bed .... tucking me in.... they were just white figures kind of like static on a tv, I was never scared in that they weren't hurting me but I always covered my face... sometimes I would wake up and they would be around my sisters bed the same way.
:angry::eek::lol::eek::lol: <---that's all I got to say about THAT!!! :):eek::bigear::eek::blush:

Sometime when we are together I will tell you of the "Spirit" that lived in our house. Not a spooky story but might bring tears to your eyes.

When I would come back to California to visit, people would ask me where I was from. They just couldn't make out my accent. I would tell them I lived in Missouri and they would say "Oh, now I know why you have a Missouri Drawl". That would just crack me up. I was born in Engelwood California and raised in the San Fernando Valley, (Yes Pamela, I'm an original Valley Girl).

I believe it Kat!

My car was broken into at work, at home.. both in broad daylight with people around. They never had anything to steal, so it just meant I had to pay $$$ to replace the windows. And there is STILL broken glass in my door after years.

I got so resentful of that city. BUT I still have some bestfriends there, so I do miss it.

Hi gals, just checking in, i'm so tired.

tonight sucked ...

anyway, got an email from southwest. I AM NOT BOOKING!!!! the special they have out that has to book by Monday,and fly by March 5 - has albany to Houston for $119 and Baltimore to SA for $84 (each way that is) who knows what i'll end up with but... i'll wait

night

Here is what I have been thinking about the "rebate" from Terri, Tracy, and Haydee. I think that by you providing the chaffeur service that is a fee, plus gas and wear and tear on your car that is another fee. Plus it wouldn't be fair for me to get the same amount of money as say Pam or Jen or Michelle or Judy the list can go on because I live closer and don't have to pay as much for my ticket. I think that is soooo sweet and very GENEROUS of you guys to offer, but take all this into consideration and I would be happy with a $1. rebate. Okay maybe $3.00.

Jane

I agree, when we were looking into all different areas---we would have possibly had rental car expenses etc. We all agreed to go to SA--not because you guys insisted!!

You are planning, phoning, using your own vehicles--I think it is fine the way it stands.

I don't feel you owe me a rebate either!

I thought the same thing when you mentioned it the first time, but simply forgot all about it! Until Jane (thank you) reminded me of it all!

Kat

I however, am expecting a HUGE rebate since I will be the one being the designated "toober", walker, chaperone and all around Crystal Light promoter.