Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gruene Violets

Haydee-since you live so close to IAH it just makes more sense for you to do the pick up there. Thanks though!!

I'm going to not look at flights other than when southwest releases the new specials. I don't know what I'm going to do but I know what my options are and they all work one way or another.

Good Morning!

Any one of these flights can be worked out for me---figure out which works for you picking us up easiest, and I will deal with my drive home.

These are my options:

Flying Continental/Frontier I can fly into IAH (I think is what it said)

I can arrive at either 9:29 AM or 10:51 AM

This would round trip with a flight leaving the same airport at 5:40 PM. on the 19th.

OR

I can fly Southwest into the Hobby Airport and be there at 9:40 AM. This roundtrip flight is the one I would need to be back to Houston by 2 PM for.

I can fly on in to SA -- but it is still the same flight, with my layover being in Houston!

Rick and I "discussed" the reservation and night time, and he said he would support me going no matter what, he will not complain anymore, so I am holding him to that!!!

Let me know which works out best with the schedule, and I will book it today.

Kat

OK...who has an accent? All these Southern Belles...my money is on Laura! Anyone else have that sexy southern drawl.

My family is from the south. My dad still speaks w/ some Carolina twang. And when she was alive, my grandmother and I would chat (drink cocktails and smoke ciggys together...aaahhh the good 'ol days), anyway, after being w/ her, I'd have a drawl for a week. I think in a former life I was a southern woman!!! Anyway...just thought I'd ask.

I, of course, talk like a Valley Girl (totally dude)...just kidding. I do say 'dude' from time to time!

LOL

rofl Judy!

And Pam, you'd lose that bet hah hah!!

I am told I have no accent. My dad is actually born & raised in california and my mom was born & raised in the carolinas.. neither of them have accents.. so I have no accent. I say things like "ya'll", but not all twangy :redface:

Mine is not a Texan accent---at least when I am there, I do not sound like them, but they all tell me I have a totally different one!

Where I am y'all is considered a normal word.

But when I go to our place inTX, I do not talk like them.

They say "What haypen to your orm?" I would ask "What happened to your ARM!!" That is the one I tease my Aunt about the most...her orms (arms) and ole for the car (oil)---although my oil is not as pronounced as many...it does have a hint of the *i * in there!

I guess the biggest difference I see, is we do stretch our vowels some...not nearly as much as the deep south, but we don't tend to add syllables.

And I can count on one hand the number of people I really know who go by 2 names!!! I have been introduced to Willie Freds, and 4 different Mary Jo's all around our place in TX!! And our former preacher was Texan through and through---and his name was Billy Bob---swear to you! His brother was Jimmy Joe.

We will all have to do an Oprah, and channel our inner Texan and develop our own drawl!!!

LOL

Kat

Kat, if it's ok with you, and Tracy doesn't mind picking up the later group coming in to SA, then I would go with the flight arriving in Houston at 9:30 am. and leaving houston on monday at 5:40. If you do the Hobby route you'd have to hoof it out of SA pretty early Monday morning to catch your 2pm flight.

That's what I was afraid of....ok will book the other flight, the one you mentioned going into IAH, landing there at 9:29 AM.

Thanks Haydee!

Kat

Pam, my accent gets stronger only when I get out of Texas. When I'm here I speak pretty normally, but as soon as I hit "foreign" soil (like FL or NY, he he he), my Texas drawl comes out. Don't know why!

Oh and TracyKS, I looovvvee ghost stories and from what I gathered you might have some pretty scary ones? You've gotta share them with me!

My DH is from Pennsylvania, lived in TN with his family since he was about 13. But his brothers are somehow REDNECKS. Serious ones.

DH is more like me- no accent. But anytime he calls his friends back in TN or his brothers, instantly my DH turns into a redneck. I always make fun of it, and ask him what the hell that's all about.

He's an educated person with a normal voice.. then all of a sudden BAM.. a big drawl and makin up twangy words.

My g'pa had a weird carolina accent.. Called everyone 'sugah' and winked as he talked.

I don't think i have an accent but I hear that I do... but from where... ya'll can figure it out... I'm told does not sound like NY but i'm upstate so that is different. I have lots of southern roots so very quickly that comes back.

I'm just me... unique in my own way. LOL

My DH is from Pennsylvania, lived in TN with his family since he was about 13. But his brothers are somehow REDNECKS. Serious ones.

DH is more like me- no accent. But anytime he calls his friends back in TN or his brothers, instantly my DH turns into a redneck. I always make fun of it, and ask him what the hell that's all about.

He's an educated person with a normal voice.. then all of a sudden BAM.. a big drawl and makin up twangy words.

My g'pa had a weird carolina accent.. Called everyone 'sugah' and winked as he talked.

Sugah is totally Carolina. I always say, "Gimme some sugah when I want some kisses, to everyone, from Susanne to my neices and nephew. When they leave my house, the girls will tell Johnny (he's 3), Go give Pam Pam some sugah!" My grandma started that...been sayin' sugah all my life, lol!

The sugah thing always creeped me out!! My g'dad was a creepy guy though.

I've never been a pet name calling person. There's some people I know who call everyone 'doll' or 'sweetie', etc. I guess because growing up when a waitress ever called my mom something like that, she would get disgusted and talk about how rude it was.. so I never picked up on it lol.