Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gruene Violets

Haydee no problem at all. Will book in the morning, and make it for the early flight. I promised Rick I would wait and talk to him about the flight part. We are having a disagreement about me driving to ABQ. The direct flight from ABQ to Houston is over $300.00 cheaper! So I drive! I can spend that 300 bones there!! At any rate, it will not change anything, if it comes down to it, I will fly from Farmington to ABQ and hop that flight. Nothing to stress over for anyone but him!

Laura might remember the issues of night time driving on the reservations. They are not allowed to sell alcohol on the reservation, so they come into the towns and cities, and buy it and then proceed to drink it on the way home. How the different law entities handle the problem is vastly different as well---depending whether it is reservation police or not!

Makes driving on Friday- Tuesday pretty dangerous out there some times----BUT this is an off weekend. Not a government check weekend, and it is late Monday night, most of them will be home and passed out! I will be careful, I will have a phone, and likely have my gun, and be good to go! Yep girls-----------a Violet packing heat!! Not in TX though---although I am licensed and could! But shhhhh it is a secret! None of the family knows I went through the classes!

Snow has melted like crazy today once it quit snowing! It is slushy & nasty out there right now, but better than snow packed! Road opened up and my DD made it back to get Kinsey.

Laura, so glad you decided to go with us--it will be so much fun! Wish some of our others were able....Denise (I understand), Suzanne---didn't you have previous plans??, Gina---now what was your reason Gina??? Ms. Jen???? Cindy???? Y'all are going to miss a good time!!!

And yes the itenerary sounds awesome!! I am game for it! And I know it will be sad to say good-bye when the time comes, but it will be so nice to come back here, and be able to put faces to each of you----I have a family reunion this summer, and I am no where near as psyched for it!!! LOL

TTYL~~

Kat

Can you imagine how many pages and pages and pages our threads would cover if we all used a font like this?? LOL

Ghost tour, huh? If you have any extra drugs I MIGHT go on the ghost tour. Gives me the creeps!!! :( But it would be fun with you girls.

Going to the ALAMO is a requirement for all visitors to Texas. You gotta show your ticket stub to the security officers at the airport or they won't let you on the plane.

Lots of people wear T-shirts on the river, too....especially if you're prone to sunburn. Man, those arms, chest and shoulders can get dowright crispy since you're kinda stuck in one position all that time.

I did have a horrifying revelation earlier. I can't drink BEER while toobin'!!!! OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: That's like the ONLY time I drink beer:beer_yum:...on the river and at the beach...and i make up for lost time, lemme tell ya. OMG!!! What will i drink??? There is NO suitable substitue!!!! :lol:

Terry--Rick already ask me about that!! They all know that the only way to get me in the lake, is to put a 6 pack in me and keep it coming!!! Not sure what we will do! hmmmmmmmmm.......

Kat

Crystal Light Lemonade is always refreshing.

(Now they're thinkin'...what the heck did we get ourselves into inviting the minister's wife to go on this shindig??!!)

I take a nap for a couple of hours and had to catch up on 2 pages!

Ummm, so I am driving to Gruene alone? If so it is OK, I was just wondering?! The red headed step child syndrome returns!!! LOL

Judy---if Crystal Light makes a flavor called "Crystal Light---False Sense of Security" Or "Liquid Bravery" it might just fit the bill!!!

Kat

Tracy--- I looked into the SW flight through to the Hobby Airport--but the only return trip I can get has me needing to fly out of Houston at 2:00 PM. So I would have to be there before that to check in, plus the drive in from SA---I was afraid that was too early. What do you think? The only other option they had, had me changing planes in DFW---in less than 30 minutes! Yeah right!

The time for getting home to ABQ would be great for me....keep my hubby happy!!!

Let me know on the time line----this is doable for me!

Kat

I looked into Amtrak and it's $132.00 from KC to St Louis and than down to SA. Only problem with that is it take over 26 hours. I've taken the train alot in the last few years but that a butt killer. I'll keep looking around but it's not looking good.

Tracy--- I looked into the SW flight through to the Hobby Airport--but the only return trip I can get has me needing to fly out of Houston at 2:00 PM. So I would have to be there before that to check in, plus the drive in from SA---I was afraid that was too early. What do you think? The only other option they had, had me changing planes in DFW---in less than 30 minutes! Yeah right!

The time for getting home to ABQ would be great for me....keep my hubby happy!!!

Let me know on the time line----this is doable for me!

Kat

Terri? What do you think? I do not wanna do something that is off of the plan. If all else fails, I will just pick up the good looking cowboys and they can ride with me to SA:biggrin:

Tracy--If you're picking up all the cowboys then I am definitely with YOU! LOL!

Figure out the return time on Monday--this would be perfect for me otherwise!

Thanks for all your working for this girls!!!

Kat

Ya'll can go on the ghost tour and I will hang at the hotel!!!!!!!!

(see, I'm practicin') :lol:

I do NOT DO GHOSTS........... had enough of my own experiences as a kid thank you very much. SERIOUSLY....

Laura: you would love ATCHISON KS.. it is one of the most haunted towns and every halloween they have a trolley ghost tour of all the houses and cemetaries.. it is ALWAYS SOLD OUT...

Put me on the YES for GHOSTS list!!

Just reminded DH of the dates for this trip, & told him about the change in location, and he says, "Oh... I think that's when I'll be out of town at the [whatever] convention." EXCUSE ME?? Turns out, yep, it is. I'm not stressed at all, tho... SOMEONE will watch the kids... my sis or my mom or HIS mom or I'll park them @ one of their friends' houses... MEN!