Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did I eat too much at once?

Well Krista...apparently you didn't want the truth. You wanted someone to caudle you and say yes, yes you will be fine eat like crazy. My band is and will be fine for me. You are newer and better fine for you. Your clinic is a clinic just like mine is. You however seem to be offended by what I have said and for you, you cannot take advice from someone who knows. This will be my last word on the topic. I hope you the best by the look of your ticker you are just starting and you have a long way to go. You will learn during your walk. I remember when my ticker looked the same.....it has not for a VERY long time. As for the 4 months of not eating...miss communicated...I would have died. I ate very regimented, I exercised very hard and I lost alot of weight. I was committed to never overeating again in my life. You did not pick out that I admitted to having faltered and had harder times aswell....I did not intend to attack anyone...I was simply and honestly telling the truth. Sorry it was hard for you to accept. Good luck in your journey. I will never post to you again. POPT

PS Just so you know...I investigated a little about the bands that they are using now in Canada and the US....yeah same thing! Very old or not...its the same technology! Good luck

tracew,

Thanks for your experienced advice on this topic. It was well-received by me. Sometimes the written word can be taken differently depending on the emphasis placed on certain words by the reader, thereby inadvertently missing the actual intent of the writer. Krista is a part of my 'pack' of New Year's Knockouts, so I respect her view as she, personally, took the posts. I do believe, however, that us newbies will perhaps look back on these early days differently when we are four years out, as you are.

Thanks again!

Well Krista...apparently you didn't want the truth. You wanted someone to caudle you and say yes, yes you will be fine eat like crazy. My band is and will be fine for me. You are newer and better fine for you. Your clinic is a clinic just like mine is. You however seem to be offended by what I have said and for you, you cannot take advice from someone who knows. This will be my last word on the topic. I hope you the best by the look of your ticker you are just starting and you have a long way to go. You will learn during your walk. I remember when my ticker looked the same.....it has not for a VERY long time. As for the 4 months of not eating...miss communicated...I would have died. I ate very regimented, I exercised very hard and I lost alot of weight. I was committed to never overeating again in my life. You did not pick out that I admitted to having faltered and had harder times aswell....I did not intend to attack anyone...I was simply and honestly telling the truth. Sorry it was hard for you to accept. Good luck in your journey. I will never post to you again. POPT

PS Just so you know...I investigated a little about the bands that they are using now in Canada and the US....yeah same thing! Very old or not...its the same technology! Good luck

Again, you are typing to me as though I'm the one who began the thread and wrote the original post. I really don't understand what on earth you mean when you say that I can't accept some truth? Huh?? I believe you may be a bit confused. These posts aren't information that I wanted...they are answers to a question posted by somebody else. I believed you were not paying attention to the orginal posters question and you were harping on stuff that didn't make sense to the thread. Plus, you directed everything toward me like I had majorly offended you when I had never directed a word toward you in the first place. Sorry you misunderstood and that your sensitivity is getting in the way of a productive banter between bandsters. I am always open and welcome to the truth...but your experience is YOUR experience and you should not post as though your experience is the truth (that's like trying to say what you post is FACT, and that's definitely not right)...it is simply, honestly and ONLY your opinion and should be treated as such. I totally respect your opinion. I'm sorry to hear that you can't accept or respect mine. Best of luck to you in your weight loss journey.

to the OP (mindy)...if ya wanna send me a message, feel free. All docs and bands are different (Yes, most new ones ARE different...the new ones are wider and cover larger stomach area for a reason...it was researched and perfected over time and they are meant to offer longer restriction times, longer feelings of fullness, less instances of slips and lowers the amounts of PB's). I really think the 3 eggs and couple bites of tuna salad was probably okay. Over time, and after you begin getting fills and you actually HAVE a pouch, that type of behavior might not be the best option. right now, I can totally see where you are coming from and that amount of food probably hasn't done any damage. If you are super-concerned, speak with your surgeon. Don't be afraid of getting your rear spanked by him for what you ate because it wasn't as bad as you think it was. :) I think open lines of communication with our personal doctors are definitely the key to success for each one of us. While these boards can offer a lot of differentiating views and experiences, they cannot give you concrete answers because none of us actually performed your operation. Relax! Breathe! You're gonna tackle this journey in your own way along with the rest of us. :frown:

hey mindy,

I wouldn't worry too much with those 3 eggs. Time and patience will teach you and your band on how much is the correct portion for you. Trust me, your band will tell you if you are overeating. Your pouch won't stretch that easy, either. It is important however to try and make correct food choices, exercising a bit, etc.

As far as «correct» portions of food are concerned, this varies a lot from one bandster to another, and from one doc to the next one.

keep researching and reading a lot on the subject. I have my band for almost 3 yrs. and I'm learning something new everyday.

you'll be fine,

niki

To Mindy and Krista and whomever else I may have offended!

Yepp you are correct Krista I thought you started the thread. Mindy, eat what you want hun, I know that you all are doing what you feel is right for you! I just wouldn't maybe ask a forum....lol.

Krista please accept my apology, I didn't mean to attack anyone. I am just passionate about the success that people can gain with this tool. When I see (and its just me) that quantity of food it scares me to think that it won't work long term....and again I apologize for confusing and offending anyone....primarily you.

Everyone's opinion is qualified and important in this game. I have many experiences that maybe some others have not had yet simply because of the length of time I have been banded. This I am sure everyone understands.

Again please accept my humbleness and best of luck to you all.

Power of Positive Thought is how I live my life....POPT

Way to go Krista! There was a right way and a wrong way to approach the question and you hit on the spot. Since most of us are not experts at this, I guess trial and error is the right way to approach along with helpful suggestions.

Tracew,

I hope you're still around here after I get my surgery, Feb. 4th. I want an honest, non-mollycoddeling answer when I ask a question or seem to have a problem. I'm probably going to be paying out of pocket for this and I sure don't want to be throwing away my $$. But then, that's just me.

Thanks Pam....I paid OOP to and am aswell with the TT on Thursday. Its expensive but I am not sorry for a second for having done it. Good luck and PM me anytime if you like. I have talked many people off the ledge if you will....food ledge that is!! lol...just a joke for those with limited haha...anytime my friend all I hope for anyone is success!! Yessss....good luck!!!

POPT

Hi Snowbird...I just fininshed reading one of your postings and noticed that you were banded by the same surgeon as I. I was banded on 1/24/08. I am having a difficult time not thinking about food. Any suggestions? Also when did you go off of your liquid...and then on to what?

I could definitely have eaten three eggs after surgery/before first fill. That equals about 240 calories, not exactly a huge binge. Eggs are not that solid so go down rather quick and easy. If you ate that for three meals, your daily caloric intake would be 720 calories and you could lose weight on that. But the time after surgery is for healing, not for losing weight anyway. I was told not to measure, and not to count calories, to listen to my body and it would tell me when to stop. When I had no restriction prior to my first fill I could eat quite a bit. When you are eating only soft foods you get more hungry and faster. Some of the people who post on this sight eat very tiny, miniscule amounts of food and I am pretty amazed they can survive on those small amounts. I try to eat enough to feel satisfied but not stuffed and I can honestly say that between meals I am rarely hungry. I was told that the best way to eat is to fill your pouch three times a day with solid food, mainly Protein. It seems to me that is what mindyemt is doing, which is exactly the right thing to be doing during this healing stage. When she gets restriction (3-6 fills) she will certainly eat less and her body will let her know if she goes beyond that. I worry about so many people on this sight who seem to restrict their food intake SO much. I can't believe they are not overfilled. It seems to me that if you can feel comfortably satiated on 700-800 calories a day pre-restriction you are doing pretty well! What are you guys eating for Breakfast if you think three eggs is over the top for someone just past surgery? Also, remember the lower the BMI the looser you will feel after surgery and the longer it takes to reach good restriction. That's a fact. We aren't going to be able to willpower our way to weight loss, that is why we had surgery. The band is a tool and mindyemt08 doesn't have her optimal tool yet because she hasn't even had a fill. The last thing she needs is to be told she is doing it wrong.