Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

looking for fill doctor in Corpus Christi, TX area

Guest mtchll

Guest mtchll

Hi all,

I'm glad I found this site and hope to find a doctor who can do fills for lap-band patients in or around the Corpus Christi, TExas area. If anyone has any information regarding this, please e-mail me at tigeroo@swbell.net

Much thanks

The doctor that banded me is in Reynosa Mexico across the border from McAllen Texas which is about a three hour drive from you. I had a really good experience with him, he is actually a plastic surgeon who also does the band, I have several friends that have used him and have all been very satisfied with him, anytime I have a question and call his office, he will speak to me if he is available or will call me back the same day. He also provided me with his personal cell phone number in case I needed to reach him and he was out of the office. He doesn't charge me for my fills, but I have to pay the clinic for the xray or flouru when I get a fill. I will also be using him to get a Tummy Tuck and a liposculpture when I get to my goal weight. I have already gotten prices from him and he is very reasonable. Let me know if you need his phone number. The drive from Corpus to Reynosa is not bad.

Guest gracie2677

:cry hi mariposa bella, i was wondering if you could please contact me, I live close to reynosa and i did not know the lap band was done there, i have researched lots of doctors from Mexico, but im a little scared, the lates that i researched was the betancourt medical in San Diego. How much did it cost you?

Actually, you can take the bus from CC to McAllen - much less wear and tear on the patient, and very inexpensive. Just before I selected a doctor, I considered Reynosa.

The nearest other doctors who will follow other doctor's band patients are in San Antonio. It is a bit further to McAllen, but there ARE docs on this side of the border who will see you, too. Go here to search for docs & contact info. http://www.asbs.org/html/about/membersearch2.html

Type in your zip code, and select LB in the other box (that says "surgery type), then hit search. The list will be in order of how far away they are from you. Scan the list for those surgeons who list FOLL in their listing of "what they do" for that stands for willingness to follow other doctor's patients.

The reason why a city the size of Corpus Christi with its economic draw area has no bariatric surgeons of any kind is that they were run out of town years ago by huge malpractice awards commonly awarded in South Texas. Don't know when they'll venture here again.

There is Dr. Chang and Dr. MCDaniel right in Victoria. And there are a few docs in San Antonio too. I'm not far from you, i'm in Portland. I just had surgery Dec. 26th!!! My surgeon is in San Antonio, so I'll just be going to him for awhile. Those are the closest to corpus though.

Angie

246/232/????

I live in CC. No bariatric physicians here as a previous poster discussed! My doctor is Dr. Chang, in Victoria. It may be a bit difficult to find fill doctors as they tend to only like to do fills on folks they've operated on! This message board is a good start. San Antonio, as poster suggested, is a good option as well. Shawn