Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Hi Sandi,

I just read your story. You are a beautiful Lady. You have an awe inspiring story, I only hope that 4 years out, I can say the same! I haven't written mine down, but can tell you, I met goal this week. Surgeon had me way tight, could not eat anything. But, he has now removed 1 1/2 cc's. I can eat and drink again. Now, I am scared of my new life, trying to maintain. But, reading your story and others like you, I feel braver. Thanks again. Karen (kll724).

Hi Karen:

You will do fine. As long as you continue doing what you have done to get to goal you can maintain. If you ever feel "out of control" just go back to start and begin journaling again. it really helps. You have your tool, and you have all of us so you are never alone. Good luck!

Didn't want to discourage my daughter, who has loss less than me. I gave her my 12's today. They were real sloppy on me, but fit her good. My husband encouraged me to do so. She joked and said, I don't have the blouses to match, so I went home and grabbed 2 from my closet and gave those to her, also. I haven't offered dresses or most of my blouses as we are built a little different. I need to find a tailor for my jeans, as they we only wore 1 or 2 times. I hope that it encourages her. Also, she told me she wants to go back to seeing the original surgeon, not the skinny fellow who hasn't had lapband surgery. I don't blame her, that is why I see the surgeon who had lapband surgery, he is most understanding, and encouraging! happy Sunday, ya'll.Karen (kll724).

Enjoying reading your posts.

On the road in our RV traveling from our home in WA to NY state for family wedding. LONG drive, lots of frustrations, but so far weather is good.

Gosh, Phyl, I don't envy that trip. That is a long ride. Are you taking time to enjoy the scenery? I loved the USA ride across Washington to Montana into North Dakota. There is a lot more to admire in that part of the country than taking interstate 40 across Kansas/ Indiana..etc. I have

never ridden the whole way from Washington to New York, but staying north, you get some gorgeous country. I hope that RV riding in comfortable. How long do you all drive per day?

Keep in touch. Karen (KLL724)

Enjoying reading your posts.

On the road in our RV traveling from our home in WA to NY state for family wedding. LONG drive, lots of frustrations, but so far weather is good.

Good to hear from you Phyl! I hope you have safe travels and are able to enjoy the trip. Hey, if you come through Northwest Indiana stop by and visit. I would love to meet you in person. Just post to this site and let me know when your are nearby and I will see if we can work out a time to get together. I am in Schererville, Indian which is about a hour South and East of Chicago, IL. I am not far off of the Tollroad (#80) or the freeway (#80/94).

Have to go for now, I am heading out soon for my morning walk and then back to get ready to go to work.

TTYL

Karen (from Indiana)

Phyl - I'm in Kansas City and would also love to meet you along your journey. Would buy lunch/dinner for you & Earl - or coffee.< /p>

I'm off I-35.

Let me know & we could meet.

Joyce

Gosh, Phyl, I don't envy that trip. That is a long ride. Are you taking time to enjoy the scenery? I loved the USA ride across Washington to Montana into North Dakota. There is a lot more to admire in that part of the country than taking interstate 40 across Kansas/ Indiana..etc. I have

never ridden the whole way from Washington to New York, but staying north, you get some gorgeous country. I hope that RV riding in comfortable. How long do you all drive per day? Keep in touch. Karen (KLL724)

Yes... do enjoy the scenery. We try to not drive more than 300 miles a day.

Good to hear from you Phyl! I hope you have safe travels and are able to enjoy the trip. Hey, if you come through Northwest Indiana stop by and visit. I would love to meet you in person. Just post to this site and let me know when your are nearby and I will see if we can work out a time to get together. I am in Schererville, Indian which is about a hour South and East of Chicago, IL. I am not far off of the Tollroad (#80) or the freeway (#80/94).

Have to go for now, I am heading out soon for my morning walk and then back to get ready to go to work. TTYL

Karen (from Indiana)

Have to check my map. I think we do follow 80/94 after WI and etc. Leave Madison probably sunday morning.

Phyl - I'm in Kansas City and would also love to meet you along your journey. Would buy lunch/dinner for you & Earl - or coffee. I'm off I-35. Let me know & we could meet. Joyce

Hmmm.... don't think we'll be near Kansas City at all. Will be coming across MO on 44 to OKC, but will keep you in mind in case plans change.

Nice visit with KarenIn! Thanks for driving up, and thanks for the fruit!

Can't find you on Facebook.... see if you can find me.

Nice visit with KarenIn! Thanks for driving up, and thanks for the fruit!

Can't find you on Facebook.... see if you can find me.

Phyl I also enjoyed the visit. Your dog and cat are adorable! I just found you on Facebook and sent a freind request.

Karen from Indiana

Got it. No Wi Fi here so have to use my phone. But was able to accept the request. When i get a good connection i will email photos to you.

That is so fun that you and Karenin got to see each other for a visit, Phyl. Glad you enjoyed it.

Enjoy the rest of your trip, talk to you when you get a chance to sign on.

Appt tomorrow afternoon to see my doctor for a fill.

And, later, an appt with cable service to replace our modem that was fried in the storm last Friday.

Congrats to Karen and Phyl for having a chance to be together.

Finally got the internet working at my sister's! Wanted to post photos from Karen's visit with us in Indiana.

post-220150-13813139529135_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139529601_thumb.jpg

Two lovely ladies - sure wish I could have joined you for coffee and conversation.

Finally got the internet working at my sister's! Wanted to post photos from Karen's visit with us in Indiana.

Phyl

Glad to see that you got to New York! Thanks for posting the pictures. If any one else on the board is coming near Indiana please let me know and we can get together.

Safe travels,

Karen