Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Thankyou all for the encouragement............the time is flying by so fast , I can`t wait till its over and done with and I am home again.......

Indi nice to see another Aussie in the 60`s group and hear some possitive feed back...

I am being done up Newcastle way we are in the Lake Macquarie district....

Off to bed 3 more sleeps.... :thumbup:

It is great to read these last comments. Best decision - even at age 69 - God speed - relax..... bring a deep sigh of relief.

I'm on liquids today and surgery tomorrow @ 10:30 a.m.

And the journey begins......

Wishing much success to those of you getting banded this week . . . this site has been really helpful for me, as I'm sure you'll find too. So many of my questons and/or concerns answered. I was banded Jan. 12 and see my doctor Feb. 26 for the first fill....am looking forward to this as I have no restriction now. Thanks to all for sharing your experience and knowledge!! :redface:

Hi everyone:

I have been on LBT since April, I think, but have never posted in this thread because it seemed so large and everyone knew every one.

I see a lot of neebies and maybes on here right now so I thought it a good time to post.

I have read here often and see so many with great success.

I do believe that we (60 plus) have more issues than the younger bandsters. Most especially exercise.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I had surgery Sept 22 and have lost 41 pounds so far. (of course not quick enough for me) I really want to reach 50 pounds by my 6 month anniversary which is March 22.

I am really losing slow. I am greatful for any support or suggestions you can give me. I am happy for one pound a week.

Keep up the good work and have a nice Sunday.

Hi everyone:

I have been on LBT since April, I think, but have never posted in this thread because it seemed so large and everyone knew every one.

I had surgery Sept 22 and have lost 41 pounds so far. (of course not quick enough for me) I really want to reach 50 pounds by my 6 month anniversary which is March 22.

Welcome Pickles. Glad you jumped in. It's really a great group and now you're one of us. I calculate you're 22 weeks out on Tuesday. Your average is just a tad away from 2 lbs a week. That's a great number. You'll get there.

I'm on liquids today and surgery tomorrow @ 10:30 a.m.

And the journey begins......

Lady Kcusca GOODLUCK, we will have to compaire notes my Op is Wednesday ...getting Butterflys in my tummy..... :redface:

Edited by Majj

Thanks for the welcome Jerseygirl. I look at all the young people one here and of course you compare yourself to them. So 41 pounds does not sound so good.

Those of you to be banded this week. Good luck!! you will do fine. Remember just keep walking and drinking. You might think you can't but do it any way.

Have a great evening all!!!

Back from shopping to stock the pantry with food for me when I get out and food for the Hubby so I don`t have to go shop at the end of the week , anything he need he can pick up...Its sooooo hot here I am off for a cool drink..(WATER) :redface:

P.S WELCOME Pickles Good Luck on your goal , I bet you are happy to have shed 41pounds (approx 20 kilos I think) thats a great loss, I hope I do as well....

Hi everyone:

I see a lot of neebies and maybes on here right now so I thought it a good time to post.

I have read here often and see so many with great success.

I do believe that we (60 plus) have more issues than the younger bandsters. Most especially exercise.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I had surgery Sept 22 and have lost 41 pounds so far. (of course not quick enough for me) I really want to reach 50 pounds by my 6 month anniversary which is March 22.

I am really losing slow. I am greatful for any support or suggestions you can give me. I am happy for one pound a week.

Keep up the good work and have a nice Sunday.

Welcome Pickles123 We love to have new people join the group, so just jump right in and post. I think you are doing a great so far. Keep up the good work and try not to compare yourself to others. Everyone loses at a different rate, but end the end all that matters is that you end up healtier.

KarenIN

LadyKC. Was sending you good vibes yesterday.

Hope everything went well and you are doing good today Give us a shout when you're feeling up to it.

LadyKC. Was sending you good vibes yesterday.

Hope everything went well and you are doing good today Give us a shout when you're feeling up to it.

Yes, Ladykc, Best wiches, hoe that you are feeling well as can be expected. Take it easy, follow diet restrictions, and get rest. Also, WALK,WALK,WALK!!!! Gets :thumbup:the gas out.

I feel so blessed - with everyone here praying for me. Smooth sailing. Only took pain meds at surgicenter. Nurses I had to two days were NOT needed, at all.

I feel marvelous.

Anxious to start the journey to health with all my friends here.

Ladykcusa JC in KC

I feel so blessed - with everyone here praying for me. Smooth sailing. Only took pain meds at surgicenter. Nurses I had to two days were NOT needed, at all.

I feel marvelous.

Anxious to start the journey to health with all my friends here.

Ladykcusa JC in KC

Yeah! for you. Welcome to the world of Lapband. Bless your smooth sailing!

Hey !! Well done LadyKcusa...I am just home was Banded 9.30am 24th (Wednesday) ..No shoulder tip pain no problems drinking just a sore tummy, home this afternoon (25th) feel tired and have slept most of the time , guess as the soreness wears off I will feel even better ..not hungry at all had some strained Soup for dinner 8pm and could barely get through it (200mils), I guess as the swelling go`s down I will feel more hungry but so far nothing that anyone eats here bothers me one bit....

Haven`t weighed myself yet so not sure if I have lost anything but with just water/juice and a little soup today I am guessing I will have lost a little something from before the surgery..

Must go more sleep needed just got up to take some liquid panadol my tummy is a wee bit sore.....:smile2:

Hey !! Well done LadyKcusa...I am just home was Banded 9.30am 24th (Wednesday) ..No shoulder tip pain no problems drinking just a sore tummy, home this afternoon (25th) feel tired and have slept most of the time , guess as the soreness wears off I will feel even better ..not hungry at all had some strained Soup for dinner 8pm and could barely get through it (200mils), I guess as the swelling go`s down I will feel more hungry but so far nothing that anyone eats here bothers me one bit....

Haven`t weighed myself yet so not sure if I have lost anything but with just water/juice and a little soup today I am guessing I will have lost a little something from before the surgery..

Must go more sleep needed just got up to take some liquid panadol my tummy is a wee bit sore.....:smile2:

So glad to hear that you came thru like a champ. You probably won't see much weight loss right away. But, it will come off. I was actually hungry after the medicine wore off. A little Gelatin or drink will work great.