Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Doddie That Is Truly Wonderful News!!!!!:crying: Aren't you happy you got the lap band!?!?!! My daughter in law is diabetic and has been gaining weight....so in the future, this may be a good option for her also!

Thanks for the good wishes and I will definately let you knonw how I do with the surgery on Monday! The encouragement is most gratefully received!

Now, have you called all of your friends, relatives, aquaintences, and total strangers of your good news? If not, what are you waiting for?^_^

Phyl,

Does Hallmark make Bandiversary cards? If they do, I'll run out and get you one, but if they don't, you will just have to settle for my sincere best wishes and an "ATTA GIRL":wink2:

Phyl

:w00t:Happy Bandiversary!

You are doing great, and should be proud of your accomplishment.

Also, thanks so much for starting this thread. It sure has helped me along the way to better health to know that I am not alone and to get support from everyone here in my same age group.

I've used a Wii and Wii Fit for exercise for over a year. I have to be careful which exercises I do so I don't aggravate my knees, but it's fun and it gets me up and moving. I like the bowling, tennis, golf and balance exercises.

Tomorrow is my 2 yr "Bandiversary". According to one LapBand study, average for "most" to have lost at the 2 yr point is 38% of their excess weight. Maybe I've set my goal a little high for my height, but I figure I've lost 62% of what I've set as my goal. I'm having left knee joint replacement on Aug. 25 and after recovery phase, should be able to step up my exercise. (No pun intended!) :smile::biggrin::Dancing_wub:

Congratulations on your success. You are quite an inspiration.

Thanks for all your good wishes! I appreciate that!

Tomorrow I'm flying to Buffalo NY to visit family, but also to meet with some July 07 "Bandsters" for our 2nd reunion! We met on this website. Last year 5 of us met in Bloomington MI and spent the weeked at Mall of America. We had a great time. This year we're meeting in Ontario at the home of one of those ladies. We're going to some festivities nearby... Elvis festival!!

Should be great fun!

I'll be thinking of you on Monday, Diana!

And, great news on the Diabetes, Doddie!

Thanks for all your good wishes! I appreciate that!

Tomorrow I'm flying to Buffalo NY to visit family, but also to meet with some July 07 "Bandsters" for our 2nd reunion! We met on this website. Last year 5 of us met in Bloomington MI and spent the weeked at Mall of America. We had a great time. This year we're meeting in Ontario at the home of one of those ladies. We're going to some festivities nearby... Elvis festival!!

Should be great fun!

I'll be thinking of you on Monday, Diana!

And, great news on the Diabetes, Doddie!

Hope you have the greatest fun time ever.

Thanks again Phyl, I'm glad you will take time out to think of me on Monday! That is a wonderful offering of friendship.

I am sure you and your friends will enjoy a vacation together and make lots of new memories!

Travel safe! We will all be thinking of you too.

Hi Everyone,

Down 35 1/2 lbs. as of this am. Hope everyone is doing well!

Way to go! Keep up the good work.

Hi Everyone,

Down 35 1/2 lbs. as of this am. Hope everyone is doing well!

well done. when did you get the band and what are you finding the hardest?

well done. when did you get the band and what are you finding the hardest?

My surgery date was 12/17/08 and the hardest thing for me is staying away from sugar. I have become an expert at working around the band but now I am learning how to stop that destructive behavior and take advantage of working with the band.:thumbup:

My surgery date was 12/17/08 and the hardest thing for me is staying away from sugar. I have become an expert at working around the band but now I am learning how to stop that destructive behavior and take advantage of working with the band.:lol:

Good for you. The band is a wonderful tool if used properly and you are on the right track in focusing on your behavior. Keep up the good work and thoughts. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

I too am working on behavior and it is not easy but thank goodness I have the band to keep me on the straight and narrow.:thumbup:

Great time in Canada with the July '07 "Lucky #7's"!

We went to Elvis Festival, Elvis Church, and stayed up until the wee small hours talking every night!

Back in Buffalo visiting family now. Home next Tuesday.

Good for you. The band is a wonderful tool if used properly and you are on the right track in focusing on your behavior. Keep up the good work and thoughts. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

I too am working on behavior and it is not easy but thank goodness I have the band to keep me on the straight and narrow.:)

You know what? That is the biggest benefit about the band - it does not allow you to go totally crazy on a food binge. So at least, for me, even when I have eaten badly, I know it will not take much to get back on track. :thumbup: