Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excited and nervous!!!

Hello Ohio,

I am beginning my lapband journey.I have my 1st seminar on Feb.2. What should I expect and how long does the process take?I have anthem bcbs FEP.

Welcome to the journey. The 1st seminar is an easy thing - maybe lasts an hour to 90 minutes. They held the Mt. Carmel one at an auditorium and there were alot of people and it wasn't intimidating at all. There is a Riverside banded group that can tell you more about their sessions but what I was told was that the Dr. who heads that program went around and personally introduced himself to almost everyone who came.

There is an Insurance forum section in this web site. On that section, you can find all the people who have the same kind of insurance you do and see what they've been through in getting approved, submitted.

What part of Ohio are you from? Under the "N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel" thread under Ohio's forum I have posted a detailed list of what I've been through so far. Its been 6 months since I went to my first forum like you are talking about and now the surgeon's office is getting ready to submit for insurance approval this coming week. Hopefully I'll know this month if I am approved. Then it involves a 2 week pre-op diet before your surgery date so I am hoping to be banded maybe in February.

I have BC/BS FEP, too.

I had my surgery last june.

i did not have to do a 6 month diet which was great. and once the insurance got all my paperwork, it took less than 10 days to get an approval letter.

after the surgery they did give me a few fits, though.

they sent every bill back saying they needed more information. Which was frustrating because they already had all the info. but eventually, 6 months later they finally paid the hospital bill which was over 22,000.

i only had to pay 1000, which was fine with me.

i usally post over on the columbus board or the NE 1 Banded at Mt Carmel board. come on over.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches