Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Atkins induction Diet Anyone want to join me????

mmmmm.... Amy's a cinnamon roll.... :biggrin:

low carb, of course ... :thumbup: welcome back.

things going on that are just weird... not sure if i'll stay with low carb or not, we'll see...

Amy ~

Glad to see ya back! My last fill was too tight, super tight (extremely uncomfortable!) I had to go back down to TJ for an emergency unfill. They took out .2 of the .3 cc's they had put in and I've been doing great ever since (and down 30+ lbs since then too). I really do think I'm at the sweet spot ... here 3 months later, I still feel restriction. They say keeping too tight of a fill can cause serious problems so if your doc does decide to be aggressive and it's uncomfortable, don't try to live with it and stick it out (like I thought I would) ... you should be able to eat & drink comfortably, not in agony. Good luck!

I did OK today ... my new fav meal are those stuffed chicken breasts from Wally World ... had the jalapeno today and it was tha bomb! (thanks to Georgia for introducing those!)

Today I had ~

Breakfast ~ Atkins Caramel Latte shake

Lunch ~ 1 three cheese & jalapeno stuffed chicken breast

Snack ~ 1oz salami, 1 colby jack cheese stick & .5oz pork rinds

Snack ~ Atkins Cafe Mocha shake

Dinner ~ 1 Hebrew National hot dog w/ ketchup

Totals ~

980 calories

61g fat

16g carbs (12g net carbs)

91g protein

Welcome back Renewed! I missed ya! I am not going to be following induction either. I think I am going to keep my net carbs around 25 and start introducing some nuts and maybe low carb tortillas (when I can eat again).

I had a fill this past Tuesday and I am pretty tight right now. I'm always tight after a fill for at least week, then it usually relaxes some. I think I'm a sweller and it takes a little longer for me heal. This fill is definitely the tightest I've ever been, I'm hoping I finally hit my "sweet spot". I wasn't able to eat anything yesterday until late evening. I ate some spinach dip without the chips.

My doctor hasn't been really aggressive with fills and that's okay with me. I've had 5 fills with a total of 6.5cc's in my band. I only got .5cc added last time and I can tell a huge difference, that's why I think I may have hit my "sweet spot".

I had previously gained 2lbs, but today the scales show I lost 1lb, so I have 1 more pound to lose and I'll be back at my lowest weight. I'm just glad the scales are moving in the right direction this time, lol!

Spent the majority of the day in the ER with my 4 y/o so got a little off track food-wise :girl_hug:

Lunch ~ 3 mini corn dogs from Weinerschnitzel

Snack ~ 1oz bag of Fritos

Snack ~ Atkins Caramel Latte shake

Dinner ~ salad (1oz lettuce, 1oz salami, 1 slice Provolone, 1 hard boiled egg, 1.5T sunflower kernels, 2T ranch dressing)

Totals ~

1052 calories

71g fat

38g carbs (32g net carbs :))

58g protein

My first day went pretty good I think.

B- 1 egg omelet w/ 1 sl. bacon, 1 oz ham, 1/2 oz cheese, diced Tomato

L- 3 oz deli turkey, 1 oz cheddar cheese

D- 1.5 chicken, spinach, asiago cheese sausage with spicey mustard

S- 2 oz. chicken and about 3 cups Decaf herbal tea with splenda

According to myplate.com:

817 calories

40 grams of fat

15 grams carbs

92 grams Protein

I definately am going to go shopping today and pick up some of the things that you guys frequently have. I could get burned out on the above menu in a hurry! I sure hope this works!

Thanks ya'll ... my little man is doing much better! :thumbup:

I was bad, very bad yesterday :tt2: ... guess I just needed a break. I'd been doing this induction phase and being super strict with myself for so long and yesterday I just wanted to eat normally. I knew the scale wouldn't be my friend this morning (and I was right ;)) but it's all good cuz today is a new day! :wub:

Yesterday ~

Snack ~ .5oz pork rinds

Lunch ~ Crispy ranch snack wrap from McD's

Snack ~ Atkins enduldge caramel nut chew bar

Dinner ~ 2pc leg & thigh meal from KFC w/ mashed potatoes & gravy and cole slaw ... and I ate it all (the biscuit too!) :(:confused2:

Totals ~

1336 calories

65g fat

108g carbs :ohmy:

75g protein

Bloo, I'm glad your son is feeling better. Today is a new day for me too! I am starting back with low carb. I'm still pretty tight from my fill, so I don't know if I will be able to handle meat yet, but I'm still going to try to keep it as low carb as possible.

I really planned on starting back exercising too, but that isn't going to happen. My leg finally feels a little better unless I squat, but now I have an ear infection. I get them quite often and they really hurt :wub:. Anyway, at least I can control the eating part.

Hey guys!! Hope everyone is doing well. I just got back fro 1 hr of cardio at the gym. I love how working out makes me feel. Georgia, I hope you are feeling much better soon so you can workout again.

I wanted to share a recipe with you guys. This has been one of my favorites even preband. It is going to be really high in fat and probably calories, but not carbs :wub:

Creamy Taco

2lbs ground beef (we use venison)

1 pkg chili mix

2 cans ranch style Beans

1 can rotel tomatoes

1 can diced tomatoes

1 small carton whipping cream

1 lb velveeta cheese

Brown meat. Mix with chili mix, beans, rotel tomatoes, and diced tomatoes. Boil. Add cream. Boil, stirring constantly. Add Velveeta.

I didn't figure the stats on it. Like I said, I am sure it is high in calories and fat, but should be low in carbs. My husband and sons eat it over fritos and I just eat it by itself. Very yummy!!

i tried that frozen chicken breast from Walmart i mentioned, the greek w/ roma Tomato and feta. OMG! it was so good. and my boys (8 and 9) loved it too. it has some weird olives in it, i picked all those out because they were not so tasty. but it was very very good. i highly recommend.

so i need a good kick in my rear. i had a perty bad weekend. sat was so horrible we just wont mention it. sunday wasnt AS bad, but i made a few poor choices.

but i had that lightbulb go off today...i screw up when i let myself get too hungry! duhhh..... i know i know, i should already know this. i dont know why it hit me in such a way today. so, better planning on my part for tomorrow and from now on!

Bloo, I'm glad your son is feeling better. Today is a new day for me too! I am starting back with low carb. I'm still pretty tight from my fill, so I don't know if I will be able to handle meat yet, but I'm still going to try to keep it as low carb as possible.

I really planned on starting back exercising too, but that isn't going to happen. My leg finally feels a little better unless I squat, but now I have an ear infection. I get them quite often and they really hurt :ohmy:. Anyway, at least I can control the eating part.

Hope your ear infection is better soon!

Hey guys!! Hope everyone is doing well. I just got back fro 1 hr of cardio at the gym. I love how working out makes me feel. Georgia, I hope you are feeling much better soon so you can workout again.

I wanted to share a recipe with you guys. This has been one of my favorites even preband. It is going to be really high in fat and probably calories, but not carbs :tt2:

Creamy Taco

2lbs ground beef (we use venison)

1 pkg chili mix

2 cans ranch style Beans

1 can rotel tomatoes

1 can diced tomatoes

1 small carton whipping cream

1 lb velveeta cheese

Brown meat. Mix with chili mix, beans, rotel tomatoes, and diced tomatoes. Boil. Add cream. Boil, stirring constantly. Add Velveeta.

I didn't figure the stats on it. Like I said, I am sure it is high in calories and fat, but should be low in carbs. My husband and sons eat it over fritos and I just eat it by itself. Very yummy!!

That sounds GOOD! :biggrin:

i tried that frozen chicken breast from Walmart i mentioned, the greek w/ roma Tomato and feta. OMG! it was so good. and my boys (8 and 9) loved it too. it has some weird olives in it, i picked all those out because they were not so tasty. but it was very very good. i highly recommend.

Thanks for the feedback ... will definitely look for it next time I go to Wally World

so i need a good kick in my rear. i had a perty bad weekend. sat was so horrible we just wont mention it. sunday wasnt AS bad, but i made a few poor choices.

but i had that lightbulb go off today...i screw up when i let myself get too hungry! duhhh..... i know i know, i should already know this. i dont know why it hit me in such a way today. so, better planning on my part for tomorrow and from now on!

I've made some bad choices the last couple days too ... I've learned to not beat myself up about it though. As they say, sh*t happens! :unsure: Each new day is a day to start fresh

Thanks Bloo! I got my doctor to call me in some drops, so hopefully I'll get better soon.

Here's what I had today, I don't have the numbers though:

Breakfast- low carb slim fast

Lunch- 1/3 cup canned chicken mixed with melted cheese and ranch dressing

Snack- a handful of dry roasted edamame

Dinner- 1 cup pumpkin chili