Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Solo trip out..!

Well, I just went to the market. Partly to get out of the house, partly to get in some supplies. I feel OK. A little light headed and a little bit of stinging around my wound, but the walk was no problem.

I bought some consomme Soup and pro-biotic drinks. I also bought some Spirulina. Does anyone else take this? My local health food store said it is a good source of Protein if you're on a liquid diet. It also has B12 and Iron in it so should prevent Hair loss. My doc also recommended Prune juice to try and get things moving - and dammit if I can't find it anywhere! I bought some prunes and will make my own in the blender with some apple juice and Water. If I pass it through a seive it should be thin enough I hope.

I came home and had half a can of consomme (in two attempts) and I feel full as an egg. Hoping I'm not eating too much, but I'm also worried about passing out - I do feel quite light headed and can't even concentrate to the Telegraph crossword, which I usually do in an hour.

Another query for you guys - Driving - how long until it's OK to drive? I suppose I should check with my insurance. I know after a Caesarian it's 6 weeks but I'm hoping to get back to driving soon.

I succumbed to the temptation to step on the scale this morning. 2lbs down! Doesn't meant anything I know, but at least I can update my signature!

Spirulina rocks! And when you combine it with wheat grass juice.... what a power punch! heh, does look like pond scum but don't let apperences fool you!

I'm glad you have gotten out and about...

Can you get any Slimfast out there???? It has a balance of what you need and now they come with less sugar... I drove yesterday, two days after being banded it was not real smooth but it worked.. I hope you feeling better soon... Are you on an antibiotic???

Tara

I had my prophylactic antibiotics in the hospital. The only meds I have now are some pain killers (Voltarol & paracetamol).

I'm afraid I'm not keen on the taste of Slimfast and it isn't on my docs list of recommended foods. The Spirulina I mix with prune juice and cranberry juice. Actually tastes OK despite its looks. If you have ever seen The Thomas Crown Affair - it's the greeny/blue stuff Renne Russo drinks, except I make it much thinner!

Thanks for your messages. Certainly helps stave off the sense of isolation.

You are welcome Scotty! That is one of the wonders of the net! We can be connected just as ealsily accross the globe as we can be with our next door neighbors!

Hi Scotty,

Congrats on your new band....

I caught a five and one half hour flight the day after my surgery (with a four hour layover in N.M.) from San Diego to Orlando. Then drove myself forty five minutes from the airport to home, and was back to work the following day. You should be fine to drive soon. Hope you feel better.

Staci

Orlando FL

banded in Mexico 12-14-04

"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Scotty - It sounds like you are doing really good. My doctor said no driving for 10 days, but I know some of the people on here said they didn't have any restrictions.

By day 4 I was walking, driving and doing light yard work. It all has to do with you, your bodies reactions to the anesthesia, the new band, etc. Remeber lots of Water - you have to stay hydrated.