Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tom Cruise..scientology...no Comment...

I saw a video of him accepting a medal for something.... in the Church of Scientology , the medal was pretty huge.... actually they were making fun of it "The soup" show.... saying that maybe he wants to go after Flava Flav.... you know for the size of the medal..., then he saluted the picture of Ron Hubbard that was on the wall....in a military style sort of way... it was weird to say the least..but religions do have their own ways and traditions that can look weird to others...so I'll stick with my "no comment"....

I respect Tom Cruise's right to his own opinion, religion, whatever. However, when he goes so far as to tell another person (Brooke Shields, I believe) that she is wrong to take antidepressant medication for post partum depression, he is crossing the line. Mr Cruise needs to keep his religious beliefs and his celebrity separate. It seems that since he has decided to force his religion down people's throats, his popularity has diminished. It would be in the best interest of his career to keep his mouth shut! :biggrin:
Just like anyone else, Tommy boy can believe whatever the heck he wants. But I agree that he needs to keep his "medical" (I use the term EXTREMELY loosely here...) opinion to himself. When was the last time he gave birth? What the heck would he know about post-partum depression?

Until he gets some extra letters behind his name that don't spell "S-C-I-E-N-T-O-L-O-G-Y" (e.g. MD, etc.), he needs to shut up and occupy his time controlling every aspect of his new wifey's life. I am proud of the fact that I haven't contributed a single cent to his career since he started leaping on couches and slamming people about psychiatric disorders!

I have a hard time thinking of Scientology as a "religion" when they require people to pay tuition and attend classes to learn about it and advance within the church. That's not religion, that's business.

One of my all-time favorite Bono quotes: "The God I believe in isn't short of cash."

Funny! I never heard that before.

I watched the videos this weekend that Tom made.. I had to watch it 3-5 times.. initially, I had the experience that I was tuning out, and I see his mouth move but I'm not hearing it. So I tried round 2. Then I realized by round 3, I AM listening, he's just not even forming complete sentences. He was babbling and it made no sense.

By round 4 my mom was making brain-washing noises, that we were all being brain washed.

It is disappointing, I always liked him. Then he became a looney tune, and I wonder what he did to that 20 year old girl to marry him and put up with his crazy antics.

Scientology has already ruined his career. I guess he has enough money he doesn't care! I stopped watching him a while ago, he even looks crazy now with his mouth closed.

Wonder what he will do if his wife baby or he gets sick. Will he refuse

medication then?

The video of the transcript: Exclusive: The Cruise Indoctrination Video Scientology Tried To Suppress

Can you say muy loco? He's a fruit cake. He sure cracks himself up, though. Good for him. I got an image in my mind of him in a straight jacket laughing like he did on the video...he'll end up in that jacket soon enough if he truly ever does pull off the road to interfere with rescue measures in an accident. Maybe somebody should tell him not to go 80+mph down an incredibly curvy mountain road that is 50mph...that causes accidents. Just know this - he has a private jet that he rides into Telluride and I'll just say that the local law enforcement is NOT impressed with him.

It's his religion, and he has a right to it. There are fanatics in every aspect of life, and he is singled out because he is rich and famous. He doesn't bother me in the slightest; I will still watch his movies if they interest me; and his daughter is the cutest little gal ever!

suri.jpg