Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

Have just had dinner with a group of bandster friends. One of them has just hired a personal trainer who has lost 50kg (120 pounds) after lap banding. He works with another trainer who is connected with the Australian version of Biggest Loser. The BL trainer works with non-bandsters and the other guy works with bandsters. The comparison - the bandsters over an 8 week period lost an average of 15kg (35 pounds) the other non-banded group 5-6kg (15 pounds).:huh2:

The moral of this story is that if you are banded and put a bit of effort into exercising you could have an incredible weight loss.

I start at the gym on Monday - serious weight loss here I come!!!!:)

Danna

Hi Sewenup! Which gym is this? I think it would be great to work with someone who understands bandster issues. I've been swimming 1km per night when up on site and walking 2.5km most days when home in Perth, so that's more exercise than I've done in YEARS but I wouldn't mind adding a gym session or two when I'm home.

I've also been thinking about having a dinner night with the Perth bandsters. If I put out the call on the Australian Bandsters forum, would you be interested?

Hi all,

Have just had dinner with a group of bandster friends. One of them has just hired a personal trainer who has lost 50kg (120 pounds) after lap banding. He works with another trainer who is connected with the Australian version of Biggest Loser. The BL trainer works with non-bandsters and the other guy works with bandsters. The comparison - the bandsters over an 8 week period lost an average of 15kg (35 pounds) the other non-banded group 5-6kg (15 pounds).:seeya:

The moral of this story is that if you are banded and put a bit of effort into exercising you could have an incredible weight loss.

I start at the gym on Monday - serious weight loss here I come!!!!:lol:

Danna

Danna,

I'm quite curious... which BL trainer does he work with? Shannon or Michelle? They're both terrific, but Shannon is such a cutie... almost as cute as our BL trainer Bob.

Hi Sewenup! Which gym is this? I think it would be great to work with someone who understands bandster issues. I've been swimming 1km per night when up on site and walking 2.5km most days when home in Perth, so that's more exercise than I've done in YEARS but I wouldn't mind adding a gym session or two when I'm home.

I've also been thinking about having a dinner night with the Perth bandsters. If I put out the call on the Australian Bandsters forum, would you be interested?

Perth's a little far for me - Sydney girl that I am - have you joined the Yahoo health lap band site, there are heaps of Perth people on there and they are always having lunches etc.

This guy runs a 'band camp' on the mornington peninsula in Victoria but he is contactable by phone and is apparently a great motivator. My friend is going to send me the details and I will post them on here when I get them.

Danna

Danna,

I'm quite curious... which BL trainer does he work with? Shannon or Michelle? They're both terrific, but Shannon is such a cutie... almost as cute as our BL trainer Bob.

She didn't tell me his name but I guess it must be Shannon as it was a guy.

Danna

LOL!! For some reason I thought you were over on my side of the country...not sure where I got that idea from. Oh well, I put out the call to Perth bandsters and hopefully will get some responses.