Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Teens ?

Yeh, I'm really lucky. I went to see the doctor, he agreed to the surgery, I went and saw the anethetist (sp?), had my bloodwork done, saw the admissions officer, signed some papers and I go back on Thursday. I'm English, but I'm having it done in the Middle East.

Clarebear how did your surgery go???!!

really i havent read about any one else having the sleep test do you think its cause you are young?

No its a requirement from my surgeon. There is a thread going on about them right now, go to the pre - op questions an answers, its one of the newest threads, titled sleep Study Tomorrow Night!!! That has a lot of info about different peoples experiences with them.

Clarebear how did your surgery go???!!

Thanks for asking :lol: It went well, but I had severe gas pains and a bad reaction to the anesthesia which meant that I did quite a lot of vomiting afterwards...haha I dunno how much detail is too much! My mum had to help me shower and dress, which was quite strange, but boy do I love her more for it!

I'm still in some discomfort due to the gas pains, but they're ebbing away! Unlike most people walking around dosn't help me, I have to lie flat with my knees bent to get some relief!

I didn't have any form of pre-op diet and I started on full liquids/mushy foods the day after the surgery. I've had some smoothie and some lentil Soup so far, I can only eat 1/4 cup every 8 hrs or something,it's so strange. I ate too much last night (1/2 a cup :biggrin:) and it was pretty painful. It's the weirdest feeling, but I'm not craving food and will happily pass it up, long may it last! I have found that if I don't have a few sips every now and then of some form of liquid food I get painful stomach cramps, which I was mistaking for nausea. It's going to take a while to get used too!

I'm glad the surgery itself went well for you!!! When I have gas pains (usually from eating taco bell hahaha) lying flat on my back with my knees in the air always helps too. After I get banded I'll have to see what works best. Hope you feel better and better each day!

ok so the only thing my insurance says is that is covers either 80% or 60% of out patient surgeries. so..... i dont know anything about insurance and none of this crap makes any sense. it's all talking about, "blah blah blah if it satisfies the deductible..." i dont know what that means. so if y our have advice please help

hey everyone! i'm nineteen, from western mass and was banded a week and a half ago. even though it hasn't been that long, this was the BEST decision i've ever made. it comes with ALOT of changes.. i have to rethink my choices on food, going out to dinner.. haha i bring my carnation to parties now! haha but it's so worth it. i hope all of you get through your process quick and can enjoy this as much as i do!

I had a appointment with my doctor last thursday and he rang the surgeon cuz it was taking forever and I've got a consultation with the surgeon next week, I'm actually pretty worried as I won't be paying for any of it (the public hospital will) and I'm worried they'll deny me, but about the sleep study? I'll most likely have to have one because I have lung problems (not to do with my weight) I guess it just depends overall on how well the person is and if they have any underlying health issues

ok so the only thing my insurance says is that is covers either 80% or 60% of out patient surgeries. so..... i dont know anything about insurance and none of this crap makes any sense. it's all talking about, "blah blah blah if it satisfies the deductible..." i dont know what that means. so if y our have advice please help

Er I don't think I can help you out on this one. My surgeon has informed me that he has worked with many patients that have my insurance (blue cross blue shield) and they cover the entire procedure, the only money the patient has to pay is a $175 charge for the psych eval and then the hospital co-pay, which, I've been told, is somewhere from $250-$500, depending on the time you stay. But he said every company has different requirements/costs and such, so who knows. Try checking out the insurance and financing threads, maybe they have some insight over there. Good luck!!!

hey everyone! i'm nineteen, from western mass and was banded a week and a half ago. even though it hasn't been that long, this was the BEST decision i've ever made. it comes with ALOT of changes.. i have to rethink my choices on food, going out to dinner.. haha i bring my carnation to parties now! haha but it's so worth it. i hope all of you get through your process quick and can enjoy this as much as i do!

Hey there! I'm from Mass too, south eastern though, I live in Attleboro, about 45 mins south of Boston, 10 mins north of Providence, and about an hour from the cape. Do you go to school?? I have a bunch of friends that go to school out in western mass (UMass Amherst, MCLA, Westfield, etc.) I'm glad your surgery and such went so well! Kepp us updated on your progress!!! :huh2:

P.S. good luck with everything Sarah! I have to do a sleep study too but it is a requirement by the surgeon so all of his patients have to do it, eh, keep us updated as well!!

i was banded at the New Hope program in Chicago, but i like in michigan...

hey nicole... lol, i know you

if you have any questions feel free to pm or hit me up on myspace :-)

this is me so far

Updates-3.jpg

Hi my name is lindsey. im 15 and im 280 pounds. im am about to go through the same program in chicago. although very nervous i am so excited. my doctor made the refferal sometime last week now all im waiting for is my first app. to really talk about the program but if there is anything that you know of to help me get through this that would help a lot?

i guess what i really want to know about is the food. im not a huge vegitable eater. i love meat and there has been a lot of postings where people have trouble eating meat should i be worried?

Heyy im Ariana and im 18 years old and i havent gotten banded yet...im just starting my doctor visits and everything and just looking for people to talk to and maybe make a couple friends with who are like me ya kno??