Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie with a few ???'s

Hi all! My name's Bradley (a girl...hehehe...everyone confuses that!) I just attended the seminar with Dr. Minkin in St. Louis Missouri and am scheduled for my pre op consultation on Feburary 4th. I'm really excited about the possiblity but I know I have a long road ahead of me, with insurance issues.

I just had a couple of quick questions for you lapbanders. My biggest question, is how long do you stay full after eating? My problem has always been, being hungry! I can eat healthy, workout, do everything that I'm supposed to do, but I'm always HUNGRY! so that inevitably undoes all my hardwork in the gym. I loose weight but gain it all back because I can't every have that full feeling for longer than two to three hours!

My other question is for those that had to "fight" the insurance company, can you give me any tips on what I can do to make it go a little faster? I think that's all I have for now! Thanks for all your help and future support as I try this journey

Bradley

Have you called you insurance company yet to ask them what the require you to do? I have Humana and they dont require any pre-op diet or anything else that is stupid. Just the requirments that the doctor has. So you may not be up against a fight. I just turned in my paper work to my surgon and I will more than likley have my surgery done by the end of Febuary. Good luck to you on getting the process completed quickly!!!!

Well I have talked with them, and luckily we have an Insurance Rep on Part Time bases with our company. The insurance company stated that the plan our company picked doesn't cover the procedure. At the same time the Insurance Rep stated that there is a possible appeal that goes through our Company to allow the Insurance Company to pay for it.

Thanks for the answer to my question, but a follow up to it though. If you're only supposed to eat three times aday and you get hungry after 4 hours or so, with "proper restriction" what about the rest of the day? Especially for someone like me, I have two jobs, I'm up by six, and not asleep til 11 or so and it's straight go go go all day long.

Bradley....if I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.....protein first, veggies next.....I have no problem whatsoever staying full all day with only 3 meals and losing! The problem comes in if I drink caloric drinks; or if I get carbs and sweets or snack!