Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oct 07 Bandsters - how are you doing?

I have 6cc in a 10cc band as well. I am probably loosing at a slower rate (I was banded on 10/08) but I am afraid to PB. This fear keeps from being too aggressive with my fills. I even cancelled my last fill appointment and will probably cancel the one scheduled for 1/28.

I have really changed my eating - even though I can eat everything (brad, rice, etc) I am choosing much smaller portions. I am also not eating past 6pm NO MATTER WHAT. This is a huge change as this is when I consumed many of my calories in the past -6-10pm each night.

Slow and steady - I love my band!

I agree with this idea - I seem to be loosing weight in a very sporadic way. I'll go a week, eating well, drinking well and not loose a thing and then I'll have a week where I'll drop a kilo or two (2-5 pounds!)

It's proabbaly related to the level of exercise that I do. I have a sedentary job, and then will go mad in the back yard cleaning-up and mowing lawns. Anyway, so long as the trend is down and the fitness is increasing, it's all good!

Happy Australia Day, to all the bandsters across the globe! (Jan 26th).

Hey everyone. I just wanted to give you an update on my 4th fill. I am at 7cc now and I can really feel the difference. I lost 3lbs since my last fill 2 weeks ago and I am excited about that! I know it is slow but it is going down not up! I am increasing my excersise this week and I think this fill will help me stay off the bread etc.... I can really feel the difference and I am really in touch with the "FULL" signal. I hope you fellow Oct bandsters are staying on the bandwagon. Take care

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I go for my 4th fill tomorrow. I am currently 5.5cc in a 10cc band. I was a little nervous about getting more put in - I'm VERY restricted in the morning (not so much at night). I see that you have 7cc's now - that makes me feel better.

I'll probably get bumped up to 6 tomorrow.... I think that will make a difference.

We were banded the same day - how much have ya lost so far??

GOOD LUCK to both of US!!!!

Nancy, my forth fill last wk bumped me to 7cc's as well. Can totally tell the restriction now, it was sheer will power dieting and working out prior to this fill. I'm coming up on losing 40lbs & have fill #5 scheduled in 3wks - not sure I'll need it, but will wait till then to decide. Good luck all on the progress!!!

Robin. I have lost 32 lb. I have not changed my status for a while till I get down to the 220's! that is my goal. I was nervous too with the first few fills but OMG my 4th was amazing. Made such a huge difference! I have been losing 1-2lbs a week and I am trying to ramp that up to 2-3. I am not one to want to loose too quickly I think 2-3 would be great and I am still eating what I like just in smaller portions and counting calories. Best of luck to you guys and keep me posted how you are doing.

Hi again - ok, I had my 4th fill yesterday. My fills are always done under fluro (?) - that X-Ray thing. Anyway, as she was watching the barium swallow travel down, she asked "are you able to eat meat right now"? I smiled and said.. "ummm, kinda". I think she was surprised at the amount of restriction I had prior to yesterday's fill, and probably suspected I didn't need a fill at all. I was nervous going in, I do have serious trouble eating anything in the morning and early afternoon, but after 3pm - LOOK OUT! So, I figured a small fill was in order, right??

She gave me .2 cc's, bringing my total to 5.7 in a 10cc band.

If it's to tight, I'll definitely have some removed. It's to soon to tell right now.

Just amazes me how different we all are. Most of you have 7cc's in a 10cc band, and are thrilled. I think 6cc's would put me over the edge.

Crazy band, huh?

PS - GREAT JOB NANCY!!!!!!!!

32 pounds is absolutely fabulous! I'm losing very slowly as well (compared to others), but, at least it's going down!

My mom always says.. "any negative is a positive". Kind of annoying, but, makes sense :frown:

I joined weight watchers w/ my sister last week (went for my first weigh in last night) I lost 2 lbs this week. I'm thinking the weekly weigh-in's will certainly make me more accountable - and S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E, i was eating more than I thought i was. I like the journaling, it's a pain in the neck, but, seems to be working.

My sister had GB 5 years ago (has gained back 50 lbs), I had lapband 3 months ago - needless to say we have not told a soul at Weight Watchers. We'll be the biggest losers of the group - yeah us! Gold Star! We're a couple of bit**es', what can i say. hehe!

I am doing pretty good with my band, I have been fortunate so far. I have no fills yet, but sometimes nights can be hard. I keep a pretty regular routine and whenever I stop losing on a weekly basis, I will get my first fill.

I have loved my band from the beginning. I feel its the best thing ever. I've only had one fill so far. They won't let me have another until my weight loss is less than 2 pounds per week average. So I only have 3 cc's in a 14 cc band. I'm not at my sweet spot, but have a little restriction. I can eat about 1 cup per meal with no difficulties and am quite satisfied. I also can eat most anything, but am trying to stay with Protein first and then good carbs. I also try to stay away from anything white, but I do eat some whole grain breads.

At times I feel that its too good to be true. I've always tried so hard in the past and it never seemed to matter. Now it seems to me that I hardly try and yet it still comes off. Sounds strange, doesn't it. It doesn't make sense that it works so good for me and others seem to have a very rough time. Thanks for listening.

Dlyrical responds

YOU ARE THE ONE DOING GREAT! I feel like you do, only I can eat more oz per meal about 5 or 6oz but I am averaging 14 to 16lbs a mo.

But sometimes I wonder If our newer larger band w/ impoved design

w/ no gaps is the cause...for the rapid loss compared to our peers?

thanks for all your motivation right behind you

now! 56lbs lost as of 2/1/08 since surgery 10/2/07 :biggrin:

Hello everyone. This is my first post to this thread. It is exciting to read everyone's posts - the good and the concerned. This is such an excellent place to reaffirm that what we are going through is all normal...that there isn't any "one" experience that is right.

I have just had my 3rd fill - the first two were done differently than the 3rd. The 3rd they had me sit up and drink as they added Fluid to find a good spot. It seems now that for the first time I have restriction. I was concerned that it was perhaps a little too much, but after reading several posts it seems it might be close to perfect... I just have to learn to work with the restriction that I haven't felt before, since just after surgery. I have a 10 cc ap band and the 3rd fill added 1.5 ccs - to 5 I already had.

Since the 3rd fill I have BP'd a few times - not violently, and always over trying to take a pill first thing in the morning. I have since switched to taking them late day or evening... or crushing them. Very tight in the morning and better (yet still restricted) in evening. BPing isn't as bad as I had imagined from the posts I read, but it certainly isn't pleasant either... pretty yucky stuff.

I too have gone in cycles of losing. The first 8 weeks the weight came off pretty rapidly. I have heard the last is the hardest, and that makes sense. Of course if I got off my ever-shrinking butt and got motivated to do more exercise it would be easier for sure. The past 4 weeks I have lost maybe 1 pound a week - I know it is healthy that way but after losing 3 a week - and being so obsessed with the scale, it is a little disheartening sometimes. That is another reason I am so thankful for this forum. I am not much of a "support group" person so this online way is perfect.

You all are doing GREAT - keep up the good work.

I WAS BANDED ON 10/16/07, I HAVE 2cc IN A 10cc BAND, I HAVE HAD 4 FILLS. I GO FOR MY 5TH ON 2/7/08, I CAN'T WAIT!! I DIDN'T FEEL MUCH RESTRICTION ON THE FIRST 3 FILLS, SOME ON THE 4TH, BUT IT ONLY LASTED ABOUT 2 WEEKS, IT IS HEADING ON 4 WEEKS NOW AND I CAN SURE TELL, I AM ABLE TO EAT MORE THAN BEFORE!! I AM STILL WATCHING THE AMOUNT BUT I CAN STILL EAT BETWEEN 1 AND 1 1/2 CUPS AT A TIME. I NOW THAT THIS IS MORE THAN I WANT TO BE EATING AND MY WEIGHT LOSS HAS SLOWED DOWN!! I HAVE LOST 5 POUNDS IN THE LAST MONTH. I HOPE THAT THE NEXT FILL WILL HELP:redface:. STILL EXERCISING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, TRYING TO WALK 1/4 TO 1/2 MILE AT LEAST 4 TIMES A WEEK AS WELL AS DOING SOME AEROBICS AS WELL. CONGRATS TO EVERYONE!!!

I am happy with my band, but more importantly I am thrilled with my efforts. I have had three fills. I am not sure how much I have in my band, but I am not quite at my sweet spot yet. My band is tight in the morning and lose at night; it kind of reminds me of a pair stretch jeans. My mornings are easy, and my nights are a challenge, so I must rely on my better judgement at night. I work out EVERYDAY...no excuses. My success has been a 50 pound weight lost. To Celebrate I went out and bought new make-up, clothes, and got my hair done. When I lose the next 50 I am getting a Tummy Tuck, more new clothes, and a trip to Mexico! I love my band...

I'm doing just fine as well. Just 2 more pounds and I can say goodbye to the 200's forever!!! I have had 3 fills, had to cancel my last scheduled one (4th) because I am still pretty restricted. So I rescheduled for the end of the month, so we will see. I too love my band!