Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thought I would pass this along

Hey all, in my never ending Quest to find low calorie Snacks I came across the following. Some of it sounds yummy, some sounds just plain weird but nevertheless I thought it was worth reading. ENJOY!!!

Jaymie

There's nothing worse to sink your diet than feeling deprived. Going out to lunch with friends and watching them devour all kinds of goodies while you sit and watch or watching TV and seeing tempting commercials of creamy, fatty indulgent convenience foods every seven and a half minutes. Where's the justice?

But creamy, sweet and 'fat-like' can be imitated with the right combinations of low-cal and non-fat or fat-free foods. Sometimes just a little taste is enough to get you over the dieting deprivation hump and keep your weight loss goal on track. Keep your taste combinations interesting.

Try these ideas to keep your snacking at 100 calories and under:

1 - 1/2 cup of sugar-free Gelatin, any flavor, and two Tablespoons of low-fat Cool Whip.

2 - 15 chocolate-covered raisins.

3 - Stir 2 teaspoons of Hershey's chocolate Syrup into a coffee for Café Mocha.

4 - Tea - Russian style: Stir in 2 teaspoons of strawberry jam.

5 - 1/4 cup of fat-free Ranch dressing and 1 cup of mixed fresh veggies such as jicama, red bell pepper, celery, carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes.

6 - 6 saltine crackers and 2 teaspoons of pudding layered into a parfait glass alternating with two crumbled vanilla wafers and a dollop of Cool Whip gracing the top.

9 - A wonderfully filling half sandwich made of 1 slice reduced-calorie bread, a thin layer of mustard, 2 teaspoons of apple sauce and 1 slice of deli-style thin-sliced turkey. Add lettuce and voila!

10 - Try another sandwich idea: 1 slice of reduced-calorie bread, 1/2 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter and 1 Tablespoon of fat-free raspberry vinegarette dressing.

11 - Over a small baked potato, spoon 1/2 cup of salsa and 2 Tablespoons of non-fat sour cream.

12 - I really like this one: one rice cake thinly spread with fat-free sour cream and sprinkled with 1 Tablespoon of crumbled blue cheese.

13 - Place a marshmallow on top of a graham cracker and microwave until gooey. Drizzle with a teaspoon of Hershey's chocolate syrup.

14 - Cut half an apple into slices and spread with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter.

15 - 1/2 cup of applesauce and 1 piece of toast cut into four sticks for dunking.

16 - Freeze 1/2 cup of orange juice and eat with a spoon. Nice little sorbet!

17 - 2 graham cracker squares each spread with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.

18 - an 8 oz. low-fat biscotti.< /p>

Experiment with flavors and you'll be amazed with the combinations you can come up with totaling under 100 calories. Some are very ordinary but it's the ordinary things that can make you feel deprived when you think you can't have them. So go ahead and indulge -- you're doing fine.

The frozen orange juice is really good as far as a sorbet goes. If you have no issue with alcohol...try finding a mixed a fruit juice concentrate you like---I like pineapple orange, and mix in a little amaretto, and pour into small cups and freeze. The alcohol does not allow it to freeze to an ice consistency but it remains a bit softer, though not quite slushy. MMMMM satisfies my after dinner sweet craving in just a few bites. Not enough alcohol to be an issue, and I use 100% fruit juice----so it is not too bad.

I like some of these ideas! Thanks!!

Kat

Frozen fruit things is a great treat to me.

I think Dole makes a brand, frozen strawberry, mango and raspberry cups.

I think if you did OJ, would be the same thing, I even thought about how to make these cups myself without all the sugar. But one little cup, lasts a long time because I just shave off the top as I eat, and let it melt in my mouth.. Mmm. I think it's 160 calories per cup. But well worth the indulgence.

Sounds like we agree on yet something else Laura--wherever we end up I guess there better be a freezer---between our treats and Judy's slushies!!!

Kat