Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hey all 7th bandsters

just wondering how everyone who was banded on the 7 th are doing?

I ma doing good today i start on "more solid foods" so thats exciting. My pain is so much better in the last couple of days!! I am having some depression and a feeling of restlessness, but hopefully that will pass :)

But I am really doing good.....

please update us on YOU!

Hey there! I am not of the 7th banding, mine is in 2 weeks. But, I just wanted to let you know that depression is very common after any type of surgery. So keep thinking about the positive new you!! Try doing something to take your mind off of the depressing thoughts! You have made a major change in your life and your body, give yourself time to heal. We are here for you! Take care and keep positive thoughts!

I had my surgery on the 7th also in Richmond, VA and depression is getting to me too and I hate that. It was biggest fear from surgery, I'll have to admit. I so wanted to avoid this teary stage, but it's hit, full force!! It doesn't help that I have someone gauking at me as I eat anything!! In fact, it's quite annoying, like suddenly I need to be monitored. If I'd been monitored before maybe I could have avoided surgery, but that didn't happen, so I want to say, "don't bother now, please, I can take care of myself" but you didn't ask all that. I guess, overall, I'm doing good. I feel good physically most of the time until I make a wrong move and feel like I've ripped my port from my abdominal muscle (that hurts) and I'm satisfied as far as hunger goes, most of the time, but psychologically, I need help. Even when I'm not hungry, I find myself looking for my next bite of food... I'm going to see a nutritionist next week after my f/u with my surgeon. At least if I eat, I may make healthier choices until my first fill, when, from what I understand, it will be extremely hard to cheat ~ and for that, I am thankful! Next?

Overall I am feeling great! My port incision is a bit painful still..in fact it might hurt more now then it did at the beginning. I guess it must be healing. I'm also at a weight loss stand still. AGHHHH! It is really annoying but I know from reading everyone elses posts that it is pretty normal once you hit the mushy stage. I was up a 1/2 pound this morning over what I was on Monday. I should probably just put the scale away. I went shopping yesterdy and bought lots and lots of good for me foods. I cant believe how excited I am to experiment with "healthy" food. hahaha I am definately trying to keep positive even though it is pretty hard right now. So....how is everyone else?

I was banded on the 7th also it has been very good I lost 23lbs the pain is almost gone, I worry if I'm getting all the Water I need, I also got depressed because I was worried if I could finish this race to good health. Besides that I'm doing great.