Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanna be my friend? :)

I'm having my lapband surgery on Monday, the 28th. Anybody else close to that date that wants to go through this together?

I thought it would be cool to have a bandbuddy that was experiencing the same things as me at the same time.

Good luck to you all. This board has helped me in so many ways. Thank you to all that post regularly and share your life.

Noone else on the 28th? I can't think of anyone offhand. But I'll still be your friend! I'm going April 8th, but you'll be a pro by then. Good luck next week!!!! Keep us posted.

Wow - thats great about your date! I wish I could be there getting mine also but alais I have to wait. please keep us updated & Best of luck!

I'll be your friend I was banded on Friday 2/18 so we are going to be preaty close in dated anything you need just email me. I have about the same amount of weight to loose as you.. I'll be here!!!

Tara

When you check into the hospital see if there are any other patients getting banded. When I had mine done, I was always zipping down the hall to see how my fellow band patient was doing. We were in Mexico and had to stay over two nights but hopefully you should be able to meet someone during your band stay. Best wishes and we'll be thinking of you, Teresa

Nicole,

Only 6 more days!!!

I am so excited. I went out and picked up some fat free cream Soups yesterday. I think I have everything in place!!

Patty

woohoo! I am a PLANNER, PLANNER, PLANNER.....I have prepared for absolutely everything to the point of being obsessive. The funny thing is that I thought I would be so preoccupied with the foods that I would be giving up that I would be hording all of the "last suppers," but I'm so excited that I haven't really thought about food that much....just want to get banded!!

Patty/Nicole = February 28th, Incredible Shrinking Women!!

You have a friend in me, best of luck with your surgey don't worry everything will be allright, especially having so many experience bandsters on this site (I'm not one of them) but any questions that you might have they are always here to help. So good luck and keep us posted.

Daisey,

I will be a happy to be your friend in this lap Band adventure. My surgery is 3/15 in Belgium. And I would like to compare notes with you on planning. So far I have a three Ring binder and a spiral note book devoted to my trip/surgery. My husband laughs at me and thinks I have lost my mind. But I personally feel you can never be too prepared. So far I have typed out 2 iteneraries that include confirmation numbers, addresses and Dutch Phrases.

Any way, after I get back feel free to email me and I will happily share with you any experiance I had from the surgery. I am sure that you will have no trouble finding friends on this board. And it looks like there is going to be quite a few of us getting banded over the next few months. So watch out veteran bandsters we are all going to be looking at you guys for support!

Nicole,

We are one day closer :) .

This is really exciting. A man from my behavior mod group had his surgery yesterday. He hasnt posted anything yet. I am anxiously awaiting any news from him.

I still havent told my dad, brothers or sister. One of my brothers is the trustee for my kids, (actually I havent changed anything in a few years, my older daughter is now 20). I think I will call him over the weekend and let him know that I am doing this. I dont want my father a nervous wreck. He was so relieved when I canceled gastric bypass surgery....

I picked up a pitcher and sippy bottle this am at Wal-Mart. I have about 10 pitchers at home but none of them have covers. That will be for my Crystal Light. I think I have 5 flavors to choose from.

Are you getting edgy? I am a little.

Patty

Guest Lacy

Hey Nicole,

I am getting banded on the 4th of March. I would love to be your band buddy and share experiences.

4 days to go for you...

7 for me....

Lacy

Looks like we got a good group here! We will have to all stay in touch together! Patty...I've been a crystal light junkie for years and I'm definitely stocked up! I've also got plenty of broth, carnation inst. Breakfast, hot tea, etc. My doc lets me have full liquids right away so I can have that low-carb yogurt smoothie stuff too!

All of these posts I've read about gas kinda got me curious....Not too excited about that! I'm always getting on my hubby about his gas...I guess payback is hell!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Talk to you soon!