Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fabulous Fourties!!!

Hey guys,

Since my original post I am 7 weeks postop and had my first fill a week ago. I am 20lbs down its slow going but on my way to FIT and FABULOUS FIFTY. It's different than I thought it would be but i'm going to make it work.

Stay in touch, Oh i'm making plans for my 50th birthday cruise

This is great...I wanted to get some feedback from others in my age group. If only I was 20 and doing this, I think it would have been alot easier. But 46 and three kids later, life is tough at times.

Rosi, I'm glad your around...I'm being banded in September by Dr. Yau...I'm starting the pre-op diet tomorrow, so if you want to keep in touch, I'd be honoured. Your joining the gym has encouraged me to walk a 1/2 hour tomorrow I guess to kick start this new way of life. Hope we can keep in touch.

Hi! I'm Gina and I am 43. I have lost about 36lbs since preop. I've only lost 12 lb since being banded. I am scheduled for a fill next week. I hope it helps. I haven't lost any weight for the last two weeks, and three weeks ago I only lost 1lb.

Gina, don't be discouraged, you're doing well! It is slow going at first but it does happen and the pounds add up over time. Having a little plateau, or even a small gain, a couple of weeks after the op is pretty standard for most people. Concentrate on learning to eat properly (tiny bites, chew, chew, chew!) at this stage - you need the habits in place when the restriction really kicks in! Just relax, stick to the plan and let it happen.

Hello everyone! I am Cindy, and I am definitely 40 and trying to be fabulous. Well, I'm on my way. I was banded 9 weeks ago and I feel GREAT!! I love my banded life. The only thing I find very frustrating is losing this weight, looking better in clothing, but looking completely scary NAKED!!! I can't wait until this is all off so I can start my plastic surgery journey. GEEZ! The only pants I wear are black dress pants or blue jeans. Everything else looks "not so good". Dangit. Is anyone else discouraged about this?:thumbup:

Don't be discouraged. The way I look at it, I used to look pretty bad in clothes and out. At least now, it's only bad naked - and there aren't too many people I let see me naked!

Try to feel good about what you have accomplished and be proud of yourself for getting healthier!

I too am in my 40's.

Ready to start this journey.

Excited and Aprehensive at the same time.:rolleyes2:

Worried about the whole extra skin how am I going to look thing.

Hello - I am Coreen from Illinois. Don't fret the sleep apnea test....it's the best thing I ever did. I sleep wonderfully now. I'm just starting the process toward Lap-Band so this is a great forum. I'm 45, BTW.

Hello Fab 40,

My name is Cyndi and Iam 3 days on the liquid diet. Will get banded on

Oct. 3rd. Can't wait. This has been quite a journey to get this far.

I am 44 and Looking forward to my new life. I don't even care about

the extra skin issue. I've got to look better than I do now. And just

think we can really go in a regular store and by clothes. I love shopping

and can hardly wait to experience that.:thumbup:

Cyndi

Welcome Cyndi!!!

I was banded on May 1st. It was the best decision that I have made to make a change in my life and my health.

The best advice that I can give you is to BE PATIENT!!! I saw an initial drop in my weight after my surgery, but then I hit a wall. I am now losing again and my persisence paid off.

It will take a few adjustments/fills until you are at the spot where you will really start to steadily lose. While you are waiting to find that "sweet spot", start making the mental changes that you need to make.

Even though you will have the band, you will still need the mental commitment to make this work!!!!

All the best to you!!

Bandfan1,

Thank you for your advise. :thumbup: This really is a life changing event, and

I am ready to give it my all. My husband is very supportive and is doing the

diet with me. We will both be ok. We are soooo ready for this.

Thanks again.

Cyndi