Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHAAA I GAINED 10lbs

So I started birth controll, The patch to be exsact, and I feel like I want to eat everything I can catch with a fork.Obviosly I cant as I have the band, but I have noticed myself trying to fight my band more than I ever have. I am so stressed! I called my Doctor and she said it should even out, and that most of it is more than likely Water weight. So here i work as a lap band councelor, and I am having drama myself. I guess thats why I love this site, as everyone has such great advice.

So I need some advice, or words of wisdom, any ideas? Has any one else had this experiance? I am open to all advice!!!

Kristie

banded 07/15/03

Dr Hilario Jaurez

Phoenix AZ

beginning weight 337

Current weight 160

Guest Lacy

I don't have my band yet but I do use the patch. I absolutely love the patch. Not having to worry about remembering to take the pill is great.

I think my hungry period ended in less than two weeks.

The only thing that bothers me now is the black sticky glue it leaves on your skin.

Hmmm, I was waiting for a birth control forum. Your lucky you can use the patch because they tell me I am too FAT... boo hoo. I have been on the depo shot for the last 9 years or so and finally just got off of it last week. I somehow missed the point that it can cause Hair loss and weight gain... New evidence shows that it definitely depletes the bone density too so we all decided it was time to try something new. For the moment I am using the pill (evidently one of the lower dose ones). I am trying to decide what long term device I want is s.a. an IUD or the Nuvaring. In the meantime I am hoping by getting off of depo maybe it will be easier to LOSE weight and GROW hair. I am taking really good chewable vitamins and Calcium now sooooo.... Kristie, I'm sure you must feel like you took a big step backwards but it will settle out hopefully and come off. I would have been frustrated too. I get irritated when I stay at a plateu for more than a week or two. And God forbid I gain a pound or two back. I just ignore the bad scale reading and hope for a better one the following week. I ALWAYS think I am pigging out and NEVER think I have actually had a loss so it makes a nice surprise when the scale does show a loss. Anyway any insights would be great regarding anything about birth control. Teresa

I have also had the IUD and I liked it!! Had to have it taken out due to endometreosis....But I really liked it besides the time of the month being heavy and cramping...very easy. I like this Nuvaring the best due to it putting out hormones my periods are very light. Best of Luck to you!

thank you all so much I think I am definetly going to research this nuvaring. I know I probly sound silly, however I am soo soo soo terrified of gaining weight.

Thank you all so much for your advice. I am just soo upset about this weight gain.

Kristie

OMG If you are the Kristie I think you are I have sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

much to thank you for!!!!!! My name is Terri Mully and you started me on this Journey of mine. I went to TWIGS and talked to you about all this back in May 04 You helped me find Dr Robert Berger. You are my ANGEL. I was Banded 11/19/04 and have lost 43lbs.

I have had 2 fills and am now at 6.5cc's. If It wasn't for you and TWIGS I would not be where I am and on this WONDERFUL JOURNEY to a new me. Thank you.

Sorry to butt in to this thread but I was soo excited to see Kristie here.

Terri Mully

Banded 11/19/04

Dr. Robert Berger

Flagstaff, AZ

-43lbs.

Terry,

Omg I am so excited. I had heard you had your surgery, and I was so excited. You are an angel yourself. Terry you have such a speacial spirit about you, and I cant tell you how much you impacted me with your compassion and positive attitude.

You deserve this more than you will ever know terri, you are a true fighter! I am almost to cry.

God bless you

Kristie