Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandster Bash.... Seattle Spash

There's going to be a bandster bash in Seattle next month. The website is: Mexico who was the surgeon for the FDA trials. This first group (I was not one of them) are why many of us are here today. The The Lap Band was new, not only to doctors but also to patients. These original patients had to create a game plan with dietary rules, working by trial and error to determine what worked best for the banding weight loss.

This first group helped start the Yahoo Bandster groups, networked, and gathered from all over the country here once a year to network and Celebrate.< /span>

The event outgrew a house six years ago, and became a larger conference to celebrate banding and to share information from doctors, psychologists, nutritionists, endocrinologists, dieticians, diabetic educators, fellow and prospective Bandsters and many others to help make our weight loss surgery successful.

It looks like there are many new faces this year, so let me tell you what typically occurs at the Bash.

It opens Friday, February 15th with registration between 4-6 PM. Each registrant is provided name tags, agendas and session maps, and that first night we have a no-host dinner in the hotel restaurant.

Last year, we had over 250 people registered for the Splash and 70 signed up for the no-host dinner. Then more than 125 people showed up and overwhelmed the restaurant. So please, if you're coming to the no-host dinner, sign up on the hair down and ask those questions you always wanted answered.

After the panel, join others at the hotel's tropical pool for hot-tubing and maybe a splash in the warm pool (bring your suit!)

Saturday 7:30 A.M., hopefully you got enough sleep because this a jam-packed day of dozens of speaker sessions, vendors tables, a catered lunch and banquet dinner, fashion show with before and after clothes, raffle, auction, a Before and After Banding slide show (a real tear jerker) and entertainment and dancing. It's all included in your registration fee.

Sunday morning's agenda is still in the works, but Bandster discussion groups, Plastic Surgeon Presentations and maybe some fun exercise sessions are planned.

Many hours of planning and preparation have gone into the Splash This is an entirely volunteer-run, non-profit event.

Now your job is to get registered and join us.

Joanne Godmintz

Hi Phyl,

I wish I could come. I was in Seattle in July last year and absolutely loved it. We went to the Bite of Seattle which was great. Just loved the place. I was banded on the 16th January so don't think I will be taking any big trips soon. Maybe next year. My husband is always looking for an excuse to go back to the US. We have been 4 times now.Good luck with the planning.

Saleel22

on the Gold Coast

Qld Australia

I will be banded by Dr. Oritz on Feb 13, 2009 and traveling back home to Tacoma, Wa. via our van & my husband driving, geeee, I just found this sight and would love to go but I'll still be on my way back by then, oh well, maybe next year ya?? Have fun guys and learn lots...Chava

I will be banded by Dr. Oritz on Feb 13, 2009 and traveling back home to Tacoma, Wa. via our van & my husband driving, geeee, I just found this sight and would love to go but I'll still be on my way back by then, oh well, maybe next year ya?? Have fun guys and learn lots...Chava

Hi, Chava,

Those posts were actually from earlier this year. The 2009 Seattle Bash has been postponed to the summer time... I think they said July/August time frame. There is a Yahoo group... I think it's called Smartbandsters. If you subscribe to that group, there are sub groups and one of them is PNW Bandsters... for us Pacific Northwest bandsters, and there is also one for the Seattle Bash. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll try to give you more detailed help.

Best of luck with your surgery! I've been toying with the idea of plastic surgery in Mexico when I reach my goal.

Thanks phyl--Dr Ortiz has some at the hospital he does lap-band at that work with him..his outreach person Lori is a doll and sooooo helpful, her number is

1-866-376-7849 ext-81-she may be able to give you some names or a website for them...thank you for the info--do you have a date for the Seattle Bash?? thanks...Cheryl

I found pacific northwest bandsters but did not find a new date under seattle bash, the Feb date is still listed, sorry, not sure what to do next...Chava

I found pacific northwest bandsters but did not find a new date under seattle bash, the Feb date is still listed, sorry, not sure what to do next...Chava

They don't have a new date yet. They are thinking August. Did you subscribe to that site so you'll get updates?