Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Sweetheart Goal!

That's a really good one!!! I can't wait until I can wear some........well, sexier undies. I've been wearing the same kind of white cotton full coverage panties for as long as I can remember. I'm sure hubby will be glad too!!!

Okay, I finally got some cardio in this morning. I did 20 minutes of step aerobics. Now, if I can just get through the eating part of all these parties I have to go to, I'll be doing good.

ok ya'll, we still have about 26days to go, so there's plenty of time to meet or beat that 14lb "Sweetheart Goa1".....I THINK ITS STAT TIME THOUGH!

make sure you start w/your weight when you began the SWEETHEART GOAL and not with your original highest weight.

just copy/past the below stats, add your name and your info...skip a line between persons stats so we can kinda see where one ends and the other begins. THANKS! AND GOOD LUCK!

"Sweetheart Goal"

HAZELEYEGRL1

starting weight: 233.0

current weight: 226.5

DOWN So Far: 7.5 lbs.

LBS. TO GO: 6.5 lbs.

Okay, I said I wasn't going to weight again until Monday, but I couldn't help myself........I'm down 2 more pounds for a total of 5 pounds down!

Hazeleyegrl, you're doing goooood!

"Sweetheart Goal"

HAZELEYEGRL1

starting weight: 233.0

current weight: 226.5

DOWN So Far: 7.5 lbs.

LBS. TO GO: 6.5 lbs.

GEORGIA GIRL

starting weight: 275

current weight: 270

DOWN So Far: 5 lbs

LBS. TO GO: 9 lbs

THANKS! I'm still feeling the "sweet spot" @ 5cc's which has been a huge help....and of course, I will always give credit to God for helping me stay moving on the elliptical! Everytime i'm on that darned thing i'm praying for strength, endurance, motivation, and stamina to get through the workout, and God always provides! Gotta give credit where credit is due!

xoxo, Christie

I havent lost an once yet. Ive been weighing every day, some time several times. I promised I would do that.

Wow you guys are tight, Im starting to think I need a fill, Im at 7ccs of 10 so Im starting to get worried.

Im getting back on track today!

chocolate Snaps, don't get discouraged! And remember, weigh first thing in the morning right after you pee! BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE....and make sure you aren't fully dressed yet, you'd be amazed how much clothing weighs!

i weighed with and without shoes one day and i was astonished that the shoes i had on weighed a full 5lbs!!! i'm happy to take my shoes off at any time to weigh now! its not an inconvience when the scale reads less!

also, i have been counting calories, especially watching my carbs, and working out ALOT. i just completed 2.10miles on the elliptical this morning.

OH, i bought one of those blue stretchy things you wear around your waist that is supposed to help you lose inches at Walmart in the fitness section for like 5 bucks.....anyhow, i wore it last night just while cleaning house and i was thinking no way this thing works....but whenever i took it off it was COVERED in dripping sweat from my mid section...and i didn't even feel it while cleaning!!! i don't measure inches, i should, but i didn't start out measuring, but nonetheless, sweat = less fat to me.

today i wore it while doing my elliptical and lemme tell you....i was disgustedly happy with how soaking and literally sweat running and dripping off of it when i took it off.

just thought i'd share my new lil secret with ya'll. maybe something you might want to invest in since its cheap and so far, seems to work. now i just wish i would've bought the shorts so i could slim up my THIGHS!!! and yes, they do make them. and yes, they make em for OUR sizes! plus, they're stretchy and comfy.

xoxo, christie

I havent lost an once yet. Ive been weighing every day, some time several times. I promised I would do that.

Wow you guys are tight, Im starting to think I need a fill, Im at 7ccs of 10 so Im starting to get worried.

Im getting back on track today!

chocolate snaps, I'm not nearly as tight as I was a week ago. I was able to eat 8 chicken nuggets last night and that is very unusual. I could just kick myself for eating that much. I have 6cc in my 10cc band and think 1 more cc might put me at my sweet spot.

I did something about a week ago that really helped me out. I participated in the 2 day no carb challenge (in the general support forum) and I ended up doing it for 5 days. It really calmed my cravings and really made me examine my "hunger". It's funny because out of the 5 days I did nothing but Water and low carb Protein shakes, I was never actually hungry. I know this won't work for everyone, but it worked for me. Even though I didn't lose any weight during the no carb challenge, I feel like it helped me a lot.

I also started taking a new medicine for PCOS this past Monday, and I think it is helping me lose weight too. Don't feel bad, I just went a whole month without losing anything and now it seems that it is coming off pretty fast. I was really beginning to worry, but my nutritionist assured me that is was just a plateau.

I've also been watching my carbs, I haven't really been counting calories or carbs, just trying to eat as few carbs as possible, and I've only been eating when I get hungry. The best thing that has helped me is cutting out ALL of my night-time snacking. That was my biggest problem. I've vowed not to eat anything after my dinner anymore. This Sweetheart Goal has really motivated me to try to do better.

I'm very proud of myself, didn't eat anything at the party today!

Here's what I ate:

Breakfast: low carb slim fast

Lunch: 1 oz. muenster cheese

Snack: low carb slim fast

Dinner: 1 cup pumpkin chili

and of course, a cup of chai tea

exercise: 20 minutes step aerobics

Thanks for the peptalk I really need it right now. I think I may try the no carb challenge as a jump start. My prob isnt really bread and stuff its Cookies and cakes. We've had both here this week, and I did partake.

Cookies are my absolute enemy. chocolate snaps is the name of one of my favorite cookies. It was also that TOM during which the cravings get horrible and I slacked on the exercise.

It also takes way more than a 1/2 cup to satisfy me esp at night. I really want to fight it out before I call for a fill. I want to have the bad eating under control before I get a fill and stretch my pouch, or PB (never have), or erode. Its the head work. Its hard but Im up to the fight. Just typing this has made me realize how much work I havent done this week. Like I said before Im back on plan right now.

Thanx ladies!

chocolate snaps

It takes more than 1/2 cup to satisfy me at night too. I think if we do good and eat small portions during the day, we can have more than 1/2 cup at night. As long as we are making healthy choices, we should be able to get away with more than 1/2 cup at night, IMO.

I know what you mean about the sweets. I have a huge sweet tooth and it has really been a problem for me in the past. Like I said earlier, the no carb challenge really helped me with my cravings. I haven't craved anything sweet since the challenge (I did it for 5 days, in all honesty, I don't think 2 days was quite long enough). I haven't craved sweets or breads lately. It might be worth a try.

The head hunger has been the hardest to conquer for me, and I'm still not exactly where I want to be in that department, but it's getting better.

i haven't done very well today....i was up w/my son last night - he was sick - and then at church today for "Family Day", which means dinner on the grounds....and since i'm on the Kitchen Committee, of course ALL the food passes right in front of my face! Luckily, we don't eat until the very last and there's hardly ever much left....BUT, i totally carbed out today and feel bad about it, but i have to say, the chicken & dumplings that some lil old lady made were out of this world delicious!

i don't do it very often, so i think that sometimes we have to allow ourselves a lil something different, just can't get back into the carb addiction routine! so, i didn't do too too great today, but tomorrow is a new day. i also didn't exercise at all today. after church i came home and took a 5hr nap!!! remember, i was up most of the night w/a sick kiddo, but now i'm afraid i won't be able to sleep much tonight and then i'll be too tired to exercise tomorrow!

i gotta get my schedule down right, sleep and food schedule that is. i didn't weigh today...i was scared too!!! cuz i ate ice cream last night at a get together with friends and well, i really THOUGHT i wanted the ice cream, but when i was eating it, i really DIDNT want it...but then there's that Head Game that tells me i'm wasting it if i don't eat it....and not only that, trying to fit in with everyone else so as not to drawl attention to myself or to make others whisper about how glad they are that they can still eat "goodies"....very self conscience about others right now for some reason. never have cared in the past....wonder why i care now???

xoxo, christie

KEEP PUSHING TOWARDS THAT GOAL LADIES, I KNOW WE CAN DO IT! WE JUST GOTTA STICK TOGETHER FOR SUPPORT AND PUSH OURSELVES TO MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS!

I didn't do that bad today, considering I had a family get together after church this morning and a birthday party after church tonight! For the most part I stayed away from the carbs. Althought I am eating 2 no flour Peanut Butter Cookies right now (from the recipe forum). It's okay for us to enjoy something every now and then. I weighed again this morning (I gotta stop weighing everyday, or I'll get obsessed), and I dropped another 2 lbs. I just can't believe this weeks weightloss after going a month of losing NOTHING. I just hope it continues going in the right direction for a while.

Hazeleye, don't beat yourself up too much. Sometimes we just need a day to eat a little normal food. Tomorrow is a new day. I'm sorry you had a rough night, last night........I hope your son is feeling better.

I just joined in on the Atkins induction challenge for 2 weeks. I figured it would help me get to my goal by Valentine's and I realllly want to make it to the goal or even surpass what I originally intended. Here's the link if anyone wants to join:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f9/starting-atkins-induction-diet-anyone-want-join-me-50036/

I think Id die without any veggies or fruit anythings for 2 weeks. But I do like the idea of mini and concurrent challenges. In fact after the no carb challenge Im going Veggie until Feb 19th. The only reason its not vegan is because of Bandster Protein needs and I couldnt live without eggs.

How this came about:

Thursday I was at the Union Square Whole Foods Market Cafe enjoying a yummy crab nori roll where I met this NYU Prof who challenged me and my friend to become Veggies for 3 weeks.

Its a pretty long story how the conversation started and progressed but I was convinced I should try it and that he wasnt a lecturing me on being fat and eating right. I already eat only poultry and fish plus Im lactose intolerant (with a few exceptions) so I figured I was halfway there.